Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greens - Are we indulging dull, spineless pedants?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

edanto wrote: »
    Probably cos FF have more friends in the meeja

Cause FF voters like to justify themselves, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Their followers can't be THAT spineless
    True fanatics are rarely spineless my friend - they are just psychologically damaged...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Húrin wrote: »
    I think that the Greens should have pulled out a few months ago, but I always wonder why the Greens are the focus of more rage than Fianna Fail.

I think its a matter of simple decency, honesty and integrity.

The fact is that people the length and breadth of the Country voted for Fianna Fail because even though they knew they were borderline Criminals and capable of any foul act - they thought that they would guarantee them a bit more money in their pocket and sure lets turn a blind eye to anything else.......

However the Green Party will not even acknowledge the tainted, stunted, blighted pedigree of the Hyenas they are sharing a platform with. Put quite simply, when you back filth, profess to have faith in filth and provide a means for filth to achieve its lowly goals.....then you are sub-filth.

Also Fianna Fail are the way they are after generations of classless inbreeding, you can't blame them for being flawed characters any more than you can blame a dog for sniffing other dogs arsés - its in their breeding and in their nature.

- The Greens on the other hand are sniffing arsés cause nobody ever let them do it before and now they like it too much to stop - no matter how low they have to go or how ridiculous and stupid they look as they do it.....!

Raiser wrote: »
    I think its a matter of simple decency, honesty and integrity.

The fact is that people the length and breadth of the Country voted for Fianna Fail because even though they knew they were borderline Criminals and capable of any foul act - they thought that they would guarantee them a bit more money in their pocket and sure lets turn a blind eye to anything else.......

However the Green Party will not even acknowledge the tainted, stunted, blighted pedigree of the Hyenas they are sharing a platform with. Put quite simply, when you back filth, profess to have faith in filth and provide a means for filth to achieve its lowly goals.....then you are sub-filth.

Also Fianna Fail are the way they are after generations of classless inbreeding, you can't blame them for being flawed characters any more than you can blame a dog for sniffing other dogs arsés - its in their breeding and in their nature.

- The Greens on the other hand are sniffing arsés cause nobody ever let them do it before and now they like it too much to stop - no matter how low they have to go or how ridiculous and stupid they look as they do it.....!

You're good at the speaches, but give me something solid so that I may become spitefull too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

That's pathetic. You make some kind of bullsh1t excuse for the behaviour of Fianna Fail and just pick on the new kids with only 6 seats...

'you can't blame them for being flawed characters' Seriously, pull the other one, you're starting to run out of steam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Try: Everybody and his aunt knew how corrupt FF were but they voted for them anyway out of greed as they thought Ff could keep the gravy train flowing.

Trouble is nobody wants to admit they played a hand in destroying the country so they throw on the false fury at the Greens because, now that Ff have been shown to be chancers, they want FF out - trouble is the greens are the ones ensuring this cannot happen. So adding the greens holier than thou attitude (poetic licence) to peoples unwillingness to blame themselves and you get the new PD's. (Performing one night only)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Do the greens actually have a holier than thou attitude, or is it an invention of their critics? I don't pay close attention to Green party statements, but I've not noticed brazen self-righteousness TBH.

edanto wrote: »
    That's pathetic. You make some kind of bullsh1t excuse for the behaviour of Fianna Fail and just pick on the new kids with only 6 seats...

'you can't blame them for being flawed characters' Seriously, pull the other one, you're starting to run out of steam.

Nah - that was just a passing reference to FF's decades of breeding and inbreeding of corruption and criminality within their own sordid ranks in order to highlight the Green Parties enthusiastic emulation of and gleeful adoption of the same behaviours almost overnight.

Running out of steam??? Are you joking??? There's so much opportunity to ridicule the Greens there that its just beyond scary.....
    A Tale wrote:
    A boy falls into a river, he was a kind hearted boy, the type that would help his Mam and visit his Gran on a Sunday with Flowers; hence he was worth rescuing.

Fianna Fail put their heads together and deliberated, finally they concluded that he was not wearing a tool-belt or hard hat and didn't sit on the Board of any of the major Banks and thus left him to his fate.

Fianna Gael were outraged and sent Enda Kenny to the river's bank to see for himself the situation at hand. Enda was incensed and immediately left to tour the Country and inform anyone stupid enough to listen that FF never pulled children out of rivers. Typically Enda helped nobody, not even himself....

An average Joe who just happened to be passing said we need to get a stick or some such object with sufficient length to reach the child so that he might grasp it and be pulled to safety, thus saving his life..... And began to earnestly search around the immediate vicinity......

Meanwhile the Green Party had arrived, new on the scene they were all talk and promised to help everybody in the general area. After a series of meetings in Taipei, Singapore, Cancun and Mexico City they finally went public with their plan. The route to saving the boy was to be achieved by throwing Celery at the boy carefully and persistently until he was pushed by the impacts to the opposite bank of the river.

The Coroner eventually commented post Autopsy that the boy exhibited a number of rare conditions.

Black lung, bronchitis and traces of pneumonia from his school prefab.
    Loose teeth from travelling on our pot-holed roads.
    Scarring from random attacks and muggings on our lawless streets.
    Several undiagnosed cancers, fractures and conditions - he was but number 9,489 on the public health waiting list.

But the cause of death was incontrovertible......

- Severe bruising to the head and torso consistent with an carefully organised gang of complete and utter fúcking morons persistently throwing Celery.....

Nah - that was just a passing reference to FF's decades of breeding and inbreeding of corruption and criminality within their own sordid ranks in order to highlight the Green Parties enthusiastic emulation of and gleeful adoption of the same behaviours almost overnight.

Running out of steam??? Are you joking??? There's so much opportunity to ridicule the Greens there that its just beyond scary.....

Humour forum is thataway

<-

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I find it bizarre that people are calling them spineless, I really do. The easy option would be to pull out. Being in Government during a severe downturn is among the harder things to do in politics. Being back on the opposition would make their lives much easier. However, it would screw their reputation and weaken their bargaining position when it came to forming future Governments massively. They are showing a backbone by staying in and trying to implement some policies. They're going to be crucified on the cross of public opinion and they're making sure that they'll lose transfer votes from the not inconsiderable percentage of the country who will will hold them staying in Government against them because it keeps FF in Government which would describe many of the contributors in this thread.

• Advertisement

rcecil wrote: »
    Sinn Fein:

Stopped a War, negotiated British withdrawal
    Opposes War in the Mideast (Or anywhere else
    Right on Pollution
    Right on Banks
    Right on Corruption
    Not in politics for the money
    Right on Lisbon

Bright, new and young leadership ie Mary Lou McDonald, Pearse Doherty, David Cullinane, Toiresa Ferris

www.sinnfein.ie

If you want to advertise your party, pay for it. Another post like this will earn you a ban from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

- Abandoning EVERY single pre-election promise they ever made and instead standing shoulder to shoulder with Fianna Fails bumbling, panic-stricken politics.
    Isn't this the definition of a politician?:P

/edit
    Took SF rant to another thread, to stop derailment.

=-=

The Greens were better at doing a FG jobbeh at the side lines (hindsight policies).

nesf wrote: »
    I find it bizarre that people are calling them spineless, I really do. The easy option would be to pull out. Being in Government during a severe downturn is among the harder things to do in politics. Being back on the opposition would make their lives much easier. However, it would screw their reputation and weaken their bargaining position when it came to forming future Governments massively. They are showing a backbone by staying in and trying to implement some policies. They're going to be crucified on the cross of public opinion and they're making sure that they'll lose transfer votes from the not inconsiderable percentage of the country who will will hold them staying in Government against them because it keeps FF in Government which would describe many of the contributors in this thread.

Can I genuinely ask with the utmost sincerely what you have actually witnessed the Green Party promise, demonstrate and subsequently deliver to earn this respect?

- Beyond that, if truth, virtue, honesty and integrity were to be present at the core of the Greens; then couldn't they achieve their ends in a respectable manner - rather than in some tawdry endurance debacle at the expense of their duped electorate where the winner is the last man left standing amongst the filth?

Can I genuinely ask with the utmost sincerely what you have actually witnessed the Green Party promise, demonstrate and subsequently deliver to earn this respect?

- Beyond that, if truth, virtue, honesty and integrity were to be present at the core of the Greens; then couldn't they achieve their ends in a respectable manner - rather than in some tawdry endurance debacle at the expense of their duped electorate where the winner is the last man left standing amongst the filth?

Examples, please. FFS now you're just ignoring me :(

You actually expect parties who make promises when the public coffers are overflowing to be able to deliver them when the economy takes a nasty downturn?

Cliste wrote: »
    Examples, please. FFS now you're just ignoring me :(

Read back over your posts - I'm not sure what it is you want from me Cliste? Please clearly state your position, beliefs and stance on this topic and if you like highlight how your opinions vary from my own and I promise to respond in kind.....
    Raiser wrote:
    nesf wrote:
    You actually expect parties who make promises when the public coffers are overflowing to be able to deliver them when the economy takes a nasty downturn?

nesf
    can you honestly say that there is a link between my question and your subsequent answer? Even the most vague, optimistic, tenuous link?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
    Wikipedia wrote:
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "set up a straw man," one describes a position that superficially resembles an opponent's actual view, yet is easier to refute. Then, one attributes that position to the opponent. For example, someone might deliberately overstate the opponent's position. While a straw man argument may work as a rhetorical technique—and succeed in persuading people—it carries little or no real evidential weight, since the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.

Read back over your posts - I'm not sure what it is you want from me Cliste? Please clearly state your position, beliefs and stance on this topic and if you like highlight how your opinions vary from my own and I promise to respond in kind.....

I've asked you for some substance to back up your statements.

Ie. prove to me that the Greens are worse then any other party out there, something concrete. It's not enough to say they're not doing anything. That's just ranting.

Oh and listen I'm for a reasoned discussion. My beliefs are not set in concrete on the issue, from what I do know the Greens are having some success in Government, although small ones.

nesf
    can you honestly say that there is a link between my question and your subsequent answer? Even the most vague, optimistic, tenuous link?

Yup, you implied my position is one of respect based on promises delivered on. My point is that in a downturn this isn't reasonable. If you want a straw man you could take your own initial response to my post to be honest.

Advertisement