Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acronyms!

• 21-01-2009 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

This being the final week of my placement my employers have decided to test me. They have given me a list of 50 questions, most of them non serious ie. draw a caricature of the boss.

But I've been stumped by these acronyms.

AXP-
    SP-
    SM-
    IRA-
    MCD- Main Cabin Door
    SRM- Structural Repair Manual
    TAP-
    ZZW-
    KZK-
    LTT- Lufthansa Techinal Training
    TPIS-

They should all be aviation related, other than that any help would be appreciated. Oh, and it could be that alot of them are lufthansa specific

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I would have used

MCD - Magnetic Chip Detector
    TPIS - Tyre Pressure Indication System

I will see if I can add more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Jim236

oztots wrote: »
    IRA-

They're definitely all aviation related?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

Had a flick thru the aircraft maintenance manual. None of the abbreviations you left blank (except TPIS) is mentioned. They are all Lufthansa related...best bet is to dig up some info in work tomorrow! Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭oztots

Thanks, i found the TPIS just before i checked here again, the other few more i found were all DLH terms for obscure internal documents.

The IRA thing was something to do with retirement!

Advertisement