Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing loads of days - 5th year

Options
  • 21-01-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I'm in 5th year, and since last september, have already missed about 16 days so far. Rarely is it my fault though, I'm always having to do things that can't be done outside school, or I have a doctor's appointment, etc. It's kinda annoying me, as I may be missing another day tomorrow for another appointment.

I'm getting all the bad luck this year! Will I be okay?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

That's really not that many days.

Not enough to get too worried about anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

I missed about 20 days or so in 5th, not a big deal, and now Im in college, thank god no more secondary school just keep up in your core subjects, Eng, Maths, Irish, giving more time to whichever is higher level, honours etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if the teachers didn't constantly ask me how I am..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

I missed many more days than that in 5th year and I've missed a good few this year due to sickness and the likes. Don't worry about it, just study what you've missed.

Don't worry about it: 16 days isn't bad at all, but, just try not to miss too many. In both 5th and 6th year, I missed about 120-130 days in total; now that's alot. Hence, my reason for repeating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Ck1989

Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. I missed a lot of days in 5th year and really didn't start working until I was in 6th year, I did quite badly in my 5th year summer exams but ended up getting almost 500 points in the real thing.

I don't think it's about how much school you miss (though missing an insane amount isn't going to help) but rather how much effort you make into getting notes you've missed, etc. Some study next year might be beneficial too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Don't worry about it: 16 days isn't bad at all, but, just try not to miss too many. In both 5th and 6th year, I missed about 120-130 days in total; now that's alot. Hence, my reason for repeating.

Jesus I hope you weren't real sick or anything. That's a lot of days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yeah don't worry about it... I was in South America for the first month of fifth year and it did me no harm. Just make sure you catch up on the stuff you missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It's ok, these things happen. Your parents will have to give the school an explanation if you miss more than 21 days though. Hope you're not in bad health or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

16/167 - it's not even a tenth. Make the most of the time ahead and if you are off, use it to study.

• Advertisement

Jesus I hope you weren't real sick or anything. That's a lot of days

Nope, nothing like that. I've just never agreed with what school has offered to teach me. I've often stayed at home and taught stuff to myself that I considered to be more interesting, and indeed, more important. So my secondary school education has consisted of me spending roughly 50% of my time in school learning, well, nothing; and 50% of my time at home actually learning.

But, I can't get to where I want to be without a Leaving Cert., hence, I'm repeating. But, don't mind me, I'm just bitter about school.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

i missed about 25 in 5th year, still got 500 points in summer exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 -Quinn-09-

Im repeating and i dont really see the point in going in that often as i have the notes and material already but 16 days isnt that bad at all for 5th year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Nope, nothing like that. I've just never agreed with what school has offered to teach me. I've often stayed at home and taught stuff to myself that I considered to be more interesting, and indeed, more important. So my secondary school education has consisted of me spending roughly 50% of my time in school learning, well, nothing; and 50% of my time at home actually learning.

But, I can't get to where I want to be without a Leaving Cert., hence, I'm repeating. But, don't mind me, I'm just bitter about school.:)

Ye I always feel I learn more at home then in school... So take loads of afternoons off and do study

why am i not suprised

why am i not suprised

Getting personal now, are we? I can't see your stay on Boards lasting too long.

Tell me, what exactly was that remark meant to mean?

Because you can't finish a debate you started on another thread, you just go and troll others.

it just matches and confirms your non-conformist attitude ive witnessed on here

i really have done nothing wrong in fairness so no reason for my 'stay on boards not lasting long'

And you can tell so much about me from my few posts that you've read? Because I don't believe that the LC is the only source of education out there? That it's not the be all and end all? That I prefer to stay at home and teach myself valuable things? Yes, very non-conformist.
    i really have done nothing wrong in fairness so no reason for my 'stay on boards not lasting long'

If you believe so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

calm down there lads, don't get personal, or some responsible mod will probably give some warnings or infractions or whatever they're called.

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    calm down there lads, don't get personal, or some responsible mod will probably give some warnings or infractions or whatever they're called.

Nothing personal coming from me, Fuzzy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

retarded.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

OP you'll do fine. Just continue to apply yourself and keep the chin up. Regarding the doctor appointments, I hope youre feeling well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I'm in 5th year, and since last september, have already missed about 16 days so far.
    Will I be okay?:(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Is this a p*ss take?
    I'd say in fifth year I roughly missed 40 days within that same time frame and yet managed to achieve 460 points in the summer exams. That's nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Is this a p*ss take?

Cocaine is a hell of a drug :)

Advertisement