Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Media center through xbox kills the network

• 21-01-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Hiya!

And sorry if i didn't search well enough about this. :o
    Whenever i try to run anything through Media Center on the Xbox it works fine for about 3 minutes and then it freezes up and resets the router.

Hardware:
    Modem from Smart (don't remember the brand they have)
    Dlink di-624+ router.

Streaming from laptop. Laptop is wireless with as it seems 50% signalstrength
    Xbox is connected with cable.

I've tried looking up MTU and all that. But i've now come to term with the utter failure-ness in it, and if i know want to stream anything, i have to get the laptop on the lan using a cable and run Tversity.

I just wan't it to work. :(

Edit: It's an Xbox360 btw. Sorry for any confusion. I thought this was xbox 360 only-section :S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm curious about this too. I have my PC and Laptop in the same workgroup in my house. If I'm streaming something from my PC to my xbox, and I try copying files from my laptop to my PC over the air, the streaming file goes into a "Loading..." loop and only starts going again when I stop my file copy.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed dMan's issue is a bit different.... answer his problem first :)
    (Sorry for hijacking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

have u tried tversity over the wifi instead of MC?

50% signal strength is a bit...low imo.

tbh, I myself dont stream over wifi to the 360 just as a rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I have a similar problem when streaming video from laptop. The laptop and xbox are wireless.

Often when watching a video, i get an error saying the file cant be found, and i get disconnected from live, and the laptop cant access the net.

The router has to be rebooted, then the laptop and xbox to get back on live and the net. I dont stream anymore, i just put the video on a usb key.

No idea what causes this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Kaimera: Tversity works great over wifi.

After i setup Tversity and do a search on the Xbox i cannot find the computer. But i can run Media Center. :S

Advertisement