Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User login Cart

Options
  • 21-01-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Quick question. Im looking for a cart that allows you to store user details on a site that on return they can login again. I understand the security issues involved in this and decided to ask you guys who would have used something similiar before. Ideally, it would allow the user to 'top-up' their balance on the site. So the site could keep an ongoing balance of how much money is there.

Any advice is greatly appreciated..

Thanks
    Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

If all they do is log in enter an amount and this tops them up this is simple but I'm sure there is alot more to it than you are saying.

There is plenty of access rescriction tools out there... depending on the server you are deploying this on.

It is probably best to just create your own user management system.

You can use sessions to access user information while they are logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

thanks for the reply!

Ye your right in that I should probably build my own one, but seen as this is the first time ive ever had to build one, I'm quite nervous as to the security implications of doing it myself.

The type of a/c needed would be almost like a betting website. Thanks for the reply though, I will look into this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

neil_hosey wrote: »
    thanks for the reply!

Ye your right in that I should probably build my own one, but seen as this is the first time ive ever had to build one, I'm quite nervous as to the security implications of doing it myself.

The type of a/c needed would be almost like a betting website. Thanks for the reply though, I will look into this!
    devising a simple but secure login system isnt that difficult at all neil. have you any experience in programming at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

If you're taking credit card payments you should use a hosted solution from somebody like PayPal, Realex or Worldnet TPS to manage the payment processing and allow the customer to buy credit. If you're Irish based go with either Realex or Worldnet TPS as they're both PCI DSS valid.

Advertisement