Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

engagement ring shopping

Options
  • 21-01-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, Need a bit of advice, traveling to New York in Febuary with my girlfriend and planning on getting engaged (i hope), I also plan to buy the ring over there with my girlfriend, question is has anyone bought a ring over there, have taken a pay cut so budget isnt a big as i wanted it to be, has anyone any suggestions on where to go to get a good deal?

Any info would be really helpful!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Just sent you a PM with some details....hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Just sent you a PM with some details....hope it helps

Could you send me the same PM as I am in a similar boat, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭shnethb

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    Could you send me the same PM as I am in a similar boat, thanks
    Could you send me the same PM as I am in a similar boat, thanks[/quote]

I have sent you on the private message, from what i have looked into these seem to be some of the better places in the diamond district for a smaller budget

Salvatore & Co., LLC
    55 West 47th Street. Booth 23
    New York,NY 10036 (212) 398-1200

I.D. Jewelry, LLC
    Salvatore & Co., LLC
    55 West 47th Street. Booth 23
    New York, NY 10036
    (212) 398-1200

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I bought my oh's ring here - http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7186876/new_york_ny/diamond_city_inc_.html - it's in the diamond district in New York, on the advice of Sheamus, another poster on boards.

The staff are very helpful - we spent about an hour picking out the diamond and band and when we finished, the oh was very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

FYI....
    I got engaged in NY a couple of years ago....getting married this July....anyway....I got her engagement ring in a place in the diamond district.
    Contact details as follows:
    HANIKEN Jewellers

66 West 47th St, #24
    New York, NY 10036

Tel: (212) 302-6605
    (877) 266-8856
    Fax: (212) 719-1018

info@haniken.com
    It's not the most romantic place in the world, but they do make the ring on site....you're not just buying one from a tray.
    Other places to try are Macys and Zales (depending on Price) Zales is less expensive....but the bottom line is, you can forget about the budget...if she sees something she likes....you're screwed!:rolleyes:
    Best of luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement