Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

some advice please!

• 21-01-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Im a 2o year old female and hopefully getting insured on my mams car soon. She is buying a new car and is keeping the old car for me and my brother. My brother hasnt sarted driving yet so its just me for the time being.
    ok so i have to sort out my insurance, paying for it myself and all that. I was wondering would i be better off getting insured on my own on the car or as mam as the main driver and me as the second driver. i know this option would be cheaper but how would it work if she was insured on her own new car by herself with one insurance company and as the main driver on my car with a different insurance company?? Is this even allowed!!! Im not sure what way to go about it. any advice please would be welcome! im a student in college so really need the to find the cheapest way to do this!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭sammy657

Get insured on it yourself for one its called insurance fronting ad its illigeal well was in the uk anyway and 2 you can build your own no claims and you will end up paying less and less each year. Do it in ya own name and you will have no problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

if you could get ur mam to insure both cars and get yourself insured on your own car as a named driver....this would be the cheapest option anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭sammy657

Thats called insurance fronting tho if shes going to be the main driver and not her mum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Wow, I think we have seen one of these threads every day this week.

As above, if it's your car, and you are going to be the primary driver, then you are going to have to insure it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭eevyhayes

just to mention, i have no previous driving experience, this will be my first car etc etc. will it not be hard to get insurance by myself if i have no previous experience??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Not unless you are driving a car with an engine bigger than a 1.4
    Most companies will also quote you for a 1.6

Advertisement