Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Servicing the 307

• 21-01-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Alright?

Went into the Peugeot dealer today. Yer man quoted me €350 for a full service.

I gave him a look, told him I wanted the car serviced not rebuilt.

The car is a HDI 307, what would be a reasonable price? Thinking of hitting a garage in the North, these jokers down here don't know what to charge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

When you say a full service,

what exactly would you consider to be a full service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

BrickWall wrote: »
    Alright?

Went into the Peugeot dealer today. Yer man quoted me €350 for a full service.

I gave him a look, told him I wanted the car serviced not rebuilt.

The car is a HDI 307, what would be a reasonable price? Thinking of hitting a garage in the North, these jokers down here don't know what to charge.

I used to have a 307 HDi and got it serviced in main dealer for anything between €100- €125

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BrickWall

When you say a full service,

what exactly would you consider to be a full service?

I'm no expert, but oil filter, oil, fuel filter and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BrickWall

Moanin wrote: »
    I used to have a 307 HDi and got it serviced in main dealer for anything between €100- €125
    These jokers in Baldoyle, that is the sort of money I was thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

All i would say is, make sure you and the dealer are asking for the same thing.

He may think when you said a "full service", that you wanted pads and discs and all that jazz.

Where are you think its just filters and oil.

I would stress exactly what you want done and then ask for a price rather than asking for a full service. He may be just covering his ar*e i.e. you ask for a full service, he says €350, you bring in the car, and it turns out you need pads and discs, and possibly more than he originally thought.

Im not defending anyone, im all for bringing prices down, all im saying is make sure you are both reading off the same page.

• Advertisement
Advertisement