Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have I any comeback.

• 21-01-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I got Call of Duty 4 for Christmas and the game is damaged.
    I have only played it 5 times. There is a laser burn " ring " on the disc.
    I did not damage it and the disc never moved when playing. I just copped it when I got to a further lever and it crashed.

The Game Store won`t replace it.
    Has this happened to anyone before and what should I do about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

If the drive in your Xbox is defective you should try take it up with Microsoft.

Ring them and explain that it's broke a couple of your games so far and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cpt Tremendous

Try explaining it to the store about what happened 90% of the time they will think your conning them, but ya never know, ya might get lucky. Otherwise just take it up with Microsoft but under no circumstances should you open the Xbox yourself, this will void any warranty and you will be charged for repair. Hope you get it sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

keen wrote: »
    If the drive in your Xbox is defective you should try take it up with Microsoft.

Ring them and explain that it's broke a couple of your games so far and see how you get on.

Not a chance microsoft will fix or replace your game for free even if it genuinely ruined your game. they will gladly fix your xbox for free if its in warranty but not your game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

Carroller wrote: »
    Not a chance microsoft will fix or replace your game for free even if it genuinely ruined your game. they will gladly fix your xbox for free if its in warranty but not your game.

Still, I think contacting MS would be the best bet, because it could be a known problem with his particular version of Xbox, so you never know he might get lucky and they might be able to help him with the game, although I agree that is not very likely at all.

Even if they don't help him with the game though, you don't want to ruin another game, so getting the Xbox fixed, if this is really the problem, is imperative.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cpt Tremendous

charlesD wrote: »
    Still, I think contacting MS would be the best bet, because it could be a known problem with his particular version of Xbox, so you never know he might get lucky and they might be able to help him with the game, although I agree that is not very likely at all.

Even if they don't help him with the game though, you don't want to ruin another game, so getting the Xbox fixed, if this is really the problem, is imperative.

I agree there, he definitely doesn't want to have more games ruined, especially with the prices they are. Personally I find it unusual that the game is showing signs of damage consistent with the console being moved or impacted while the game was running, especially as it was in mid game when it happened.

I'm not calling you a liar or anything and it is quite possible that you do have a genuine case, but you will never prove it to Microsoft. And seeing as you haven't had this trouble with any more of your games before or since Im thinking you should just let it go my friend:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I believe most companies have a disc replacement service. Try contacting Activision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

chrislad wrote: »
    I believe most companies have a disc replacement service. Try contacting Activision.

Xbox have a disc repair service...just not free 15 euro for the repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

I'd try Activision.. chances are they'll replace it free of charge, bar postage.

Advertisement