Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco mobile SMS spam

• 21-01-2009 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I left tesco 6 months ago and ported to meteor. Today I received a spam text from tesco, the usual top up by 20 euro and get 20 euro free sort of thing.

Surely tesco know that i am no longer their customer. Has anyone experienced this before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I know people who've left 3 and continued to get their text alerts.

Contact Tesco and ask them to remove you from their list. It may be a system error or someone has failed to update something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Random wrote: »
    I know people who've left 3 and continued to get their text alerts.

you do indeed as i was just about to post :pac:

when i left 3 i still got alerts from them. it's understandable because they would have had a distribution list that wouldn't necessarily be linked to the porting system.

it took a few calls to get it sorted but that was just 3 being 3. it should take no more than 1 call to tesco. when i told 3 about it, two agents said i should cancel the alerts by going to my3 on my handset (now a meteor handset of course) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have something similar from 3. Get texts from sport alerts etc even though gone months from them.

internet went funny, hence the late post

Advertisement