Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traveling Wilburys

Options
  • 21-01-2009 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

anyone know where i can get their albums?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Any music store in any city or town will have their cds in stock or I'm sure, order them for you .You can of course order them on line from any major online music website .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I believe both albums (second one sans Roy Orbison) were re-packaged with a dvd last year.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

thats right
    its a double cd and a dvd about them to. brilliant.as far as i know everything they recorded is on it. I saw it in a cd shop in waterford last week so i assume it's still on the shelves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

They played Handle With Care as a music round on University Challenge this week. The teams had to name the band.
    One team guessed REM. The others hadn't a clue.
    Then the bonus questions were tracks by members of the band, and they had to identify the singer: My Sweet Lord by George Harrison - not a clue, Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra - they knew the band, but not Jeff Lynne's name, and finally Like a Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan.
    Which they got. Thankfully.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

The University Challenge thing was funny, alright. Christ - i felt old.

As for the albums - aye they're readily available. In fact, I think that *after* the box set came out, they re-released the individual albums. I prefer volume 1 slightly more than Vol 3, but it's really all or nothing. The music is stupenduous. My favourite track has to be Roy Orbison singing 'You're Not Alone Anymore'.

listen to that soaring vocal. No x-factor style histrionics. Simple song, sung beautifully!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I agree about the Big O. Legend. Tweeter and the Monkey Man has got to be one of Dylan's best tracks from the 1980s as well.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

How many albums did they release then? My understanding was all their recordings were on that double album released last year.
    tweety and last night are my picks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Missed University Challenge!

Tower in Dublin have a good deal on the Deluxe box version at the moment
    http://www.towerrecords.ie/product/Traveling_Wilburys_Collection[deluxe_Ed]/308884

Advertisement