Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Barry Scott the New VP for Students?

Options
  • 21-01-2009 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Dear Student,

O2 will be back on campus next Monday 26th - Thursday 29th January 2009, to promote their Mobile Broadband offer. They will be based in the main Belfield restaurant for the week. You can avail of the cheapest broadband rates on the market, with a once off payment of €20 for the modem and a choice of €13.05 per month over 12 months (10GB download) or €15.06 per month over 9 months (5GB download).

This offer is available throughout the year in all O2 shops, however next week you will be able to sign up on site once you have the following with you - your student id, a proof of address (letter from the college or household bill), and a method of payment i.e. credit card or laser card/bank details for direct debit.

Regards,

Martin

Is MB on the 02 Payroll or did someone hack his email account for the laugh? Will Dr Brady be sending me emails with deals on better quality toilet roll offers next week. Its a bit of a random email

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I was curious about this email as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only one thing I want to know about it...well actually two...1)do ya have to be an O2 customer to get this? and secondly, take it this only works in Ireland yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Wonder how much O2 are giving him for that.
    No you don't have to be an O2 customer to get this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

Its nothing new really. I've always considered his emails as spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

In answer to your question - no. He is clearly Seinfeld writer and star of 'Curb your Enthusiasm' Larry David

curbyourenthusiasm.jpgbutler_martin.jpg

Theres definitely some resemblance there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

In answer to your question - no. He is clearly Seinfeld writer and star of 'Curb your Enthusiasm' Larry David

curbyourenthusiasm.jpgbutler_martin.jpg

Theres definitely some resemblance there

Haha, could ya really imagine Larry David as VP for students? Would be some hilarious outcomes around campus!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭noelfirl

Some follow up from the man with the ever so slightly menacing looking picture...
    UCD Mobile Broadband Offer

I have received some feedback from students suggesting that it was not appropriate to use my email to students to promote a commercial offering. I value this opportunity to communicate with students and I would never agree to anything that, I believe, would jeopardise the integrity of this link. My last email detailed a special deal that had been negotiated to offer at a special rate mobile broadband to students. It was in the spirit of informing students of this special offer that I agreed to send the email.

Feel the fury of the VP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

"My last email detailed a special deal that had been negotiated to offer at a special rate mobile broadband to students."
    Aye, im sure they were furious and heated negotiations he engaged in to ensure this incredible deal, a victory for all students.

"Can we set up a commercial stall on your campus"
    "Well that depends, will you chuck in one of them modem yokes for me?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

It is a great deal in fairness, one I'v availed of myself and found very usefull and cheap. Quit whining maybe?

Advertisement