Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that i'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Full?id=1914499

Merc 230.4

Hey Artic, how much was this yoke when you looked at it

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

I think that's a Mercedes I looked at with a view to buy but walked because of the rust coming though. That was about 3 years ago.
    That said, the asking price isn't bad if it's reasonably solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I saw that car recently (the yellow merc posted above) and there was a fair amount of rust showing. I saw a pic of it recently somwhere pulling a vintage caravan too I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

quattro777 wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1008446

1986 Audi 90 with only 11k on the clock!

We had one of those and jaysus it gave us an amount of trouble. So bad it was that it broke down on the way to trading it in, we had to tow it the last 20 miles wait for it to decide to work and then leg it to the dealer.
    Never found out what was wrong with it - nice car though with a sweet sounding 5 pot under the hood ( when it ran ).

Edit: this was not it by the way - ours was AGI 600 if I remember - an 85 manual.
    So don't let my rant put you off this one if anyone is interested !

I doubt the issue was with all of them - in fact I imagine it was just something loose that the mechanics couldn't source.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Volvoboy wrote: »
    for once someone who has a realistic price

Full?id=1918092

unlike this seller:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭artic

Blue850 wrote: »
    Full?id=1914499

Merc 230.4

Hey Artic, how much was this yoke when you looked at it

Ah jaysus dont tell me that yoke is still for sale, :D If i remember rightly the price was about 2.5k. obviously cant sell due to the condition. It looked even worse when i saw it in citywest acouple of months back.I would say theres a ton of filler under the paintwork. It certainly looked like it had high miles on it and with the 5 digit odometer who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

unkel wrote: »
    Looks ok, Those wheels and reg plate woould have to go. Not much information on the car which is a must for that mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Agree about the plates and wheels...both rotten on a 911!

Keen price on face value...but judging by the moss gathering around the wheels (and the slightly flat wheels) it looks like it's been neglected for a quite a while alright...but this plus damage to the wing around front headlamp..and lack of info.. would ring alarm bells for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Silvera wrote: »
    Keen price on face value...but judging by the moss gathering around the wheels (and the slightly flat wheels) it looks like it's been neglected for a quite a while alright...

Looks like you're right. Just checked mywheels.ie and got this: "Tax Expiry Date: Aug 1998". That doesn't look good either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

bluebird :cool:

havent seen one in ages !!!!
    used to be loads of those & again all but gone .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Maybe a wannabe classic for 1700 ... reliable i suppose

http://www.cbg.ie/Car_Detail.aspx?ID=3539897#
    452325_1255533767_1.jpg

Above for Max Damage or is he terminally banned ?

Seems reasonable http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/916701
    1975 AUDI 100 AUTOMATIC FACTORY FITTED SUNROOF DRIVES PERFECT PRICE REDUCED!!!!!

Price: €1,750

Full?id=1931403

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I wonder what factory fitted that sunroof..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Anan1 wrote: »
    I wonder what factory fitted that sunroof..
    Looks Like a Webasto sliding vinyl sunroof. VAG used them in 60's/70's

OWNED BY A SHEIKH SINCE NEW...!:p
    Must have been a very mean sheikh, no a/c, no leather..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

might of been a milk sheikh strawberry flavour:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Nice!And rare!!
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1029692

View?id=1927029
    1000 european pounds..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Anan1 wrote: »
    Must have been a very mean sheikh, no a/c, no leather..

... and a LIDL stereo!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

mamakevf wrote: »
    Looks Like a Webasto sliding vinyl sunroof. VAG used them in 60's/70's

But "off factory" Audi's always came with a steel sunroof. I have brochures of these models, showing a steel sunroof as an optional extra.
    It's true that late fifties and early sixties beetles were sometimes fitted with the socalled 'ragtops', but as of the midsixties, beetles also got steel sunroofs off factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Nice!And rare!!

View?id=1927029
    1000 european pounds..

I remember my Dad had one, two tone. Silver and orange ;). It went off one day to the garage and amazingly it returned in sparkly silver.
    You don't see too many of them these days...

ronaneire wrote: »
    I remember my Dad had one, two tone. Silver and orange ;). It went off one day to the garage and amazingly it returned in sparkly silver.
    You don't see too many of them these days...

I have noticed this with more and more ads popping up lately is the lack of detail and pictures! I firmly believe with a better discription and an extra photo or two this chap could ask for a few hundred more,i would be intrested if else had an opinion on this?....just my two cent worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

artic wrote: »
    I have noticed this with more and more ads popping up lately is the lack of detail and pictures! I firmly believe with a better discription and an extra photo or two this chap could ask for a few hundred more,i would be intrested if else had an opinion on this?....just my two cent worth.

I'd also imagine photos can or could be misleading. Having an add with quite a few pics grab your attention and make an add more interesting.
    But whether a few extra pics and a better discription can justify a higher asking price?

• Advertisement

Nice!And rare!!

View?id=1927029
    1000 european pounds..
    I learnt to drive in one of these, same colour and all. Hit a spilt bag of rubbish on the Stillorgan dual carriageway and did a full 360, happily without hitting anything solid. Who needs ESP when you're 18 and immortal?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement