Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that i'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Bigus

Bargains are relative, how about $225,000 , looks good ,rare and beautiful to me, apart from the rear lights, some sound out of it I'd say.

Bringa trailer

http://bringatrailer.com/2014/08/18/1964-maserati-3500-gti/
    IMG_2182.JPG?format=1500w

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Bigus wrote: »
    Bargains are relative, how about $225,000 , looks good ,rare and beautiful to me, apart from the rear lights, some sound out of it I'd say.

Bringa trailer

http://bringatrailer.com/2014/08/18/1964-maserati-3500-gti/
    IMG_2182.JPG?format=1500w

That Maserati is just stunning looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Very clean Mk III Cortina 'Assembled in the Nederlands' :confused:

Maybe there was a strike in the UK or something

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1973-ford-cortina-1600-xl/7242166

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Capri wrote: »
    Very clean Mk III Cortina 'Assembled in the Nederlands' :confused:

Maybe there was a strike in the UK or something

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1973-ford-cortina-1600-xl/7242166
    Kevin might have seen your post - no reference to Nedland now. Seems to be a bit of a wheeler-dealer going by his other ads.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Esel wrote: »
    Kevin might have seen your post - no reference to Nedland now. Seems to be a bit of a wheeler-dealer going by his other ads.

Look at the photographs again, particularly the one that says 'Assembled in the Netherlands'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Ford had an assembly plant in Amsterdam up until the 1980s, similar to Cork. I would have thought they were assembling Taunus and not Cortina though?

swarlb wrote: »
    Look at the photographs again, particularly the one that says 'Assembled in the Netherlands'
    Doh! :o

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

Interior looks stunning on the 'tina!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I think some of the MkIII's were put together in Holland when the Brit's were starting on the facelift model.
    Open to correction on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/morris-van-for-sale/7515402

1950?? No split screen and I thought they only starting making vans in the mid 50's!
    Either trying to make it seem older (and more valuable!)or has no logbook it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

That is definitely a Minor 1000, so post 1960. €500 isn't so bad for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

mb1725 wrote: »
    Ford had an assembly plant in Amsterdam up until the 1980s, similar to Cork. I would have thought they were assembling Taunus and not Cortina though?
    I was working in Holland in '95 and '96 and there was a ton of those and the mk4/5 Cortina's, all badged as Taunus though. A lot of them were 2 door models too, which were rare even back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

sblythe wrote: »
    That is definitely a Minor 1000, so post 1960. €500 isn't so bad for that.

If the sidelights are original it would be post 63 I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

red sean wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/morris-van-for-sale/7515402

1950?? No split screen and I thought they only starting making vans in the mid 50's!
    Either trying to make it seem older (and more valuable!)or has no logbook it seems.

When you see the number plates missing, you know something is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

pablo128 wrote: »
    I was working in Holland in '95 and '96 and there was a ton of those and the mk4/5 Cortina's, all badged as Taunus though. A lot of them were 2 door models too, which were rare even back then.

Wasn't the centre section of the bonnet narrower on the Taunus?

MK III CORTINA / TAUNUS had completely different panels, Mk IV and V only had a different badge, and a 2.0 V6 in the Taunus. Maybe the LHD Cortina was more popular in Nordic countries so they assembled up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Blue850

Blue850 wrote: »
    31844480.jpeg

Fiat 850

I wonder is this 850 that was restored for O'Briens, the Fiat dealers in Claremorris and displayed in their showroom along with a Fiat 600.

32361398.jpeg

Back on DD for 2 grand more... with rust issues

Ha ha!

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Ha ha!

'The only rust that can be seen is an odd few bubbles on the paint starting to appear' :p:p

..Serious offers please :p:p

...Send a message to seller

Bubbles starting to appear so soon after a respray, oh oh :o

How can you make a 'serious offer' to a joker :rolleyes:

'SENDa message' - how about 'You f***ng wally' :D

The original seller's happy tho', he found a fool !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

To be fair, he is only 'asking' for that price. If he finds the right buyer who wants the car and is willing to pay the asking, then he makes a handy 2K. Surely you dont begrudge anyone that? Certainly doesnt merit expletive laden messages.

But one thing i notice is that when you search for the ad, you cant see the fact that the same car had been traded (in this case, only 16 days) before. An option to include 'sold' listings would highlight the flippers and people trying to pass on a lemon quickly.

Anyway, no point in getting angry about a car you have no interest in buying!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

What so special about the trabbie? Dreamer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

For 6 grand you'd think it would at least be re'regd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

aujopimur wrote: »
    For 6 grand you'd think it would at least be re'regd.
    Especially, since it is apparantly from 1986, it won't have classic VRT either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Especially, since it is apparantly from 1986, it won't have classic VRT either.

€720 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

aujopimur wrote: »
    €720 I'd say.

You;d think, but that's the problem with importing something a bit left field. It's not on the VRT site so you've literally nothing to go on.

I faced a similar debate a few months ago regarding a R32 GTR in the UK, passed on a really good deal due to the uncertain VRT. Similarly, that wasnt listed on the VRT site.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

MAYBE Marko is thinking in RUBLES. I Ruble= 0.021 E. with the V.R.T about the value!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

You;d think, but that's the problem with importing something a bit left field. It's not on the VRT site so you've literally nothing to go on.

Trabants are on the VRT site, but I get your point.

I faced a similar debate a few months ago regarding a R32 GTR in the UK, passed on a really good deal due to the uncertain VRT. Similarly, that wasnt listed on the VRT site.

VRT up to the ossifer on the day, take it or leave it. you can 'appeal' it but .....:(

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement