Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AIB Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

5.8% is high alright ,but why can they not negociate something or is it a case of no one wants to give it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

so we are basically up the creek on this one , on our own and all because the majority of the population turned into yupees for a while, is there any money market willing to lend to us at the minute ar are we struggling to convince them on a global basis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

Hi Can anyone tell me what I am being charged for in a current a/c
    I get paid by paypath. So far this year almost 30Euro have been taken from my account. I do not have any other transactions on my account other than my wages being payed into the account. Also if I need to get a bank draft I have to pay 1.90 extra for same. :mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

I feel the uk are in a far more dangerous situation with their finances and default risk than we are, they couldnt get bond sale through Last week, we are Lucky to be member of euro dysney Land.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

ranger4 wrote: »
    I feel the uk are in a far more dangerous situation with their finances and default risk than we are, they couldnt get bond sale through Last week, we are Lucky to be member of euro dysney Land.

the UK are in bad situation, but to suggest they are in a worse position is wrong on so many levels. i'll take comfort in the ability of HM to print money for itself

woodseb wrote: »
    the UK are in bad situation, but to suggest they are in a worse position is wrong on so many levels. i'll take comfort in the ability of HM to print money for itself

QA is also happining in euro Land, Strength is in numbers.:D

Aib- boi been making nice gains, Hopefully the g20 will agree on something for a change and the markets will see irelands budget in a possitive light next week, go aib go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

How long do you see this rally in both Banks continuing?

Glacier wrote: »
    How long do you see this rally in both Banks continuing?

present leg maybe till tuesday if budget is seen as credable would expect some profit taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

Do you think the days of being up 30% one day down 50 the next day are gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Ranger,

like many others i dont know where to turn these days.

I bought 2750 shares in AIB,a while ago for 1100 euro. I am up today 1600 ,if I sell.
    because of the present turmoil i am inclined to bank it.

I have just over 4,000 shares in Bank of I . Only 1250 of these can realise a profit today, of 465 euro.

Take profit of not?

I seriously hope we have a draconian budget, because we need it, but what might it do to my shares?

Regards,Rugbyman

i bought shares in aib at 2 euro a share and in boi at .56cent.........

i pissed that i didnt wait a bit longer, but shur what can ya do.

in the short term the shares are going to be very volitile......
    but if you take the risk and hold out it could pay off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Just sold them. they had risen another 10 % since I asked the question earlier.

Good luck to whoever bought them, I hope they go to 5 euro.

regards, rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

Wow, Aib shares are rocketing today.

Does anyway know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

No but ya can bet monday they'l do the opposite

rugbyman wrote: »
    Just sold them. they had risen another 10 % since I asked the question earlier.

Good luck to whoever bought them, I hope they go to 5 euro.

regards, rugbyman

Hope you are in profit rugbyman with your sell, I sold 34,600 aib today for 1.18, was being cautious myself, sp could rally higher mon-tuesday if more details of bad bank debt entity are released over weekend or early next week, i feel we could see leg down later next week but will not fall back to 0.28c range,we have seen the lows and hopefully the trend is up from here with volitilty remaining and swings down and up but trend remaining possitive. Go aib go.

• Advertisement

Hope you are in profit rugbyman with your sell, I sold 34,600 aib today for 1.18, was being cautious myself, sp could rally higher mon-tuesday if more details of bad bank debt entity are released over weekend or early next week, i feel we could see leg down later next week but will not fall back to 0.28c range,we have seen the lows and hopefully the trend is up from here with volitilty remaining and swings down and up but trend remaining possitive. Go aib go.

what did you pay for the shares???????

what makes you think that they will fall late next week???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Daragh101 wrote: »

The budget presumably?

Hanley wrote: »
    The budget presumably?

thats partly why there rising in value, in fairness id say the budget has been already taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Hanley wrote: »
    The budget presumably?

Buy on the rumor sell on the news is how I go. The bad property company is now a sure thing. market has priced it. I can see it being expensive and not amazing and thus a leg down as the announcement is pretty general with an anticlimax. Like recapitalisation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Compak wrote: »
    Buy on the rumor sell on the news is how I go. The bad property company is now a sure thing. market has priced it. I can see it being expensive and not amazing and thus a leg down as the announcement is pretty general with an anticlimax. Like recapitalisation

That's what I was thinking... don't the markets tend to price in the news before it actually happens like?

Daragh101 wrote: »
    what did you pay for the shares???????

I feel present rally could run for few more days with leg down possibly near end of week with profit taking but doint see aib going back to previous lows of 0.28 range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 section49

hi all,
    new to the forum and also new to the markets, i bought 5500 aib shares @ 54 cent in feb (3000 euro), at yesterdays close profit is approx 2500 euro,i have been scanning alot of reports and there seems to be positive vibes around. Are the bulls running?

section49 wrote: »
    hi all,
    new to the forum and also new to the markets, i bought 5500 aib shares @ 54 cent in feb (3000 euro), at yesterdays close profit is approx 2500 euro,i have been scanning alot of reports and there seems to be positive vibes around. Are the bulls running?

should be some legs left in present rally and could bounce if more details on bad debt plan are anounced than expected on tuesday budget, go aib go.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

I feel present rally could run for few more days with leg down possibly near end of week with profit taking but doint see aib going back to previous lows of 0.28 range.

28c a share is not the lowest AIB shares will fall to. The recent increases are based on nothing but speculation and wishful thinking. Even after the G20 meeting, nothing has REALLY changed. It wont be long before we see the price of Irish bank shares -27% one day, -17% the next, followed by -34% the next day. There is absolutely no logical reason why the share prices of Irish banks are increasing at the moment.

In my opinion, of course.

• Advertisement

samson09 wrote: »
    28c a share is not the lowest AIB shares will fall to. The recent increases are based on nothing but speculation and wishful thinking. Even after the G20 meeting, nothing has REALLY changed. It wont be long before we see the price of Irish bank shares -27% one day, -17% the next, followed by -34% the next day. There is absolutely no logical reason why the share prices of Irish banks are increasing at the moment.

In my opinion, of course.

everybodys intitled to their own opinion, personaly with bad debt plan to be implemented soon and present govs repeatedly saying no to nationalization with aib-bkir i feel the risk with present gov of that happining is slim, yes there will be legs down with sp but feel aib and boi are in bottoming process with regard to share price and at the start to long road to recovery.

Advertisement