Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Digital service in Charlesland

Options
  • 21-01-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭

Eoin and Mike if this is not relevant to this forum please do not hesitate to move it. Or if it has been brought up before delete it.

I am moving to Charlesland in two weekends and i just want to ask people what their opinions are on the three different digital packages.

I am going to order the service sometime next week and don't know which package is the best value for me.

All opinions welcome.

Damo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

Up til about a couple of weeks ago NTL / UPC/Chorus only offered MMDS Digital. Theyve just finished upgrading and from what I can tell have some really good Broadband + Phone + TY offers (something like €70 every 2 months for all 3 for the basic package I think?).

You can now also get DVR for your telly (pause, rewind etc) for an extra fiver as well as an improved digital service (existing MMDS customers take note as I wasnt aware til I rang them today). If I wasnt locked into a BT contract I'd switch to them for broadband & phone aswell today, you can save yourself alot of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

Didnt someone on this board say their broadband was crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Decks wrote: »
    Didnt someone on this board say their broadband was crap?

Doing a search might answer that for you. ;)

Their BB is meant to be excellent so if that's available i will be ordering that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

eleMental wrote: »
    You can now also get DVR for your telly (pause, rewind etc) for an extra fiver

DVR is not available in Greystones yet...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

wingding wrote: »
    DVR is not available in Greystones yet...:(

It is mate, ive had one since Aug last year. They say its not but the engineer who put ours in said they always say that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

Oh thanks. Will have to get onto them so. There's a guy coming Sat week... I've heard all the horror stories about NTL so I can't say I'm surprised...

wingding wrote: »
    Oh thanks. Will have to get onto them so. There's a guy coming Sat week... I've heard all the horror stories about NTL so I can't say I'm surprised...

The engineer slaughtered them, back in the office, he said they were clueless. Apart from an engineer not turning up and a poltergeist controlling our remote we've had no problem with them.

Just rang them there to inquire, Apparently its not available in charlesland park yet, although when i put my phone number into the online tracker it said it was available! Strange...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

ciaran67 wrote: »
    ...poltergeist controlling our remote ....
    You've had that as well... It's a major pain in the hole when you're watching something and right at the pivotal moment that baldy fecker appears on screen telling you how to change your viewing card in an old piece of kit.

Decks wrote: »
    Just rang them there to inquire, Apparently its not available in charlesland park yet, although when i put my phone number into the online tracker it said it was available! Strange...

And im in the Park. Unreal eh. You think they'd be pushing the DVR wouldnt you.

If someone sees a small fire in the Park, dont worry, its only me burning my remote. I really want to stamp on it.

• Advertisement

BB in the park isnt available either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 godboy

I just called to see if available in C Park. She said it will be available next year! I told her i had a letter from her company saying otherwise, but she kept saying, 'Broadband wont be available til next year in greystones'...

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

an engineer was putting a dvr into my house and he told me that the broadband is only being put in now (thats was what was causing the tv service to keep freezing over the past months). he said that bband would be available in a few months time.

happyhappy wrote: »
    an engineer was putting a dvr into my house and he told me that the broadband is only being put in now (thats was what was causing the tv service to keep freezing over the past months). he said that bband would be available in a few months time.

My bill clearly states im paying for BB. Maybe they're talking about high speed BB. I reckon thats what the mix up is.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

ciaran67 wrote: »
    My bill clearly states im paying for BB. Maybe they're talking about high speed BB. I reckon thats what the mix up is.

There may also be a distinction/confusion between "Greystones" and "Charlesland, Greystones" which have been served by completely different systems.

Advertisement