Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Logs from freshly cut timber

Options
  • 21-01-2009 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Anyone know where i could get such logs for the fire. I am not interested in the ones usually sold at garages which burn very quickly. I like slow burning ones for each side of the grate and in between i use a variety of briquettes, smokeless coal nuggets and dry seasoned bits of timber.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i always thought it was a bad idea to burn freshly cut timber because it leaves a residue in the chimney that eventually catches fire and possibly set the whole house on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

You may be right but i use these satchyets of soot remover fairly frequent. The blocks i had in mind were ones that were not from old half rotten timber but from timber cut fairly recently which would not blaze up the chimney

Advertisement