Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Sciences?

Options
  • 21-01-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering, on here doing Biomedical, Health and Life Sciences?
    What can you tell me about it? What similarities are there between it and doing Medicine?

Also what other courses would be similar to Medicine?

Many thanks in advance!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Jammyc wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering, on here doing Biomedical, Health and Life Sciences?
    What can you tell me about it? What similarities are there between it and doing Medicine?

Also what other courses would be similar to Medicine?

Ooh thats a tricky question to answer, Medicine cuts across many differnet disciplines!
    It depends what intrests you the most in a medicine degree. For instance, If its the patient contact that intrests you most then I would lean towards nursing. If its public health medicine then I would probably go for a sociology degree,If its psychiatry then a pschology degree.

However, the course that would be most similar in actual course content would be this : http://www.ucd.ie/medicine/undergraduate/biomed_health_life.html

It encompases most of the pre clinical medicine course such as physiology,anatomy etc. But from what I can see it leaves out the most intresting parts such as early patient contact and clinical skills,

Are you hoping to do do an undergraduate course so you can gain graduate entry into medicine? Because it doesnt have to a medical related degree for your undergrad. My cousin has just started medicine in UL and he did a law degree.

Advertisement