Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New E class.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Merc's offically have no presence, if you were to put a Kia badge on the back i'd beleve it.

2010-mercedes-benz-e-class-studio-rear_w800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Apart from the headlights the new 5 series is a bit plain boring aswell!!!

BMW5series_front.jpg

BMW5series_back.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Why are Germans ruining new cars except for audi?

Plug wrote: »
    Why are Germans ruining new cars except for audi?

I wouldnt say the're ruining ALL new cars... The BMW 3 series coupe is nice IMO... and VW are only getting better (have you seen the Passat CC:cool:)
    I dont think Audi are doing great designs. there new A4 is as plain as the other older one apart from the snazy led lights, The A6 is just a bigger version of it with the exact same exterior details!

Its the cheaper cars that are getting nicer...focus,golf,fiesta, astra etc etc! How bad considering im poor and jobless!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Engines: new CDI-four-cylinder units with a fuel consumption of just 5.3 litres and 139 grams of CO2 per kilometre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Everytime a new model comes out regardless of marquee, the general opinions are;
    "don't like it, last one was better, wouldn't buy that" so on, so on....:rolleyes:

alpina wrote: »
    Everytime a new model comes out regardless of marquee, the general opinions are;
    "don't like it, last one was better, wouldn't buy that" so on, so on....:rolleyes:

and your point being?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Well to me it looks exactly as i thought. spliting the S & C class. I think it will be a modern edgy car in the flesh. The dash is very bmwish though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Hogzy wrote: »
    I wouldnt say the're ruining ALL new cars... The BMW 3 series coupe is nice IMO... and VW are only getting better (have you seen the Passat CC:cool:)
    I dont think Audi are doing great designs. there new A4 is as plain as the other older one apart from the snazy led lights, The A6 is just a bigger version of it with the exact same exterior details!

Its the cheaper cars that are getting nicer...focus,golf,fiesta, astra etc etc! How bad considering im poor and jobless!:(
    The golf is actually dirt when i see it, i said it was nice before but that was in pictures. Its a disgrace to the Germans.
    Im not a fan of the new E92 beamer I much prefer the older e46. all the new mercs seem to look the same now, with there ugly faces:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,667 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A cross between C-class and CLS?
    alpina wrote: »

People are conservative. I'm guilty of above myself regularly. I didn't even like the E39 when it came out first (too modern looking :D)

I haven't really warmed to the looks of any of the saloon MB cars since after the W211. Normally it takes me a few years and it has with most newish BMWs, but with the mercs it just hasn't happened lately. That said, I like the look of that new 5-series up there ^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Likewise with the new models! I'm usually only beginning to appreciate the outgoing models when the new ones are introduced. In fact I would take the 'boxier' looks of a 2001/2 S8 or 7-series above the existing / outgoing models any day. More aggressive looking and much better road presence.

Then maybe that's just me getting old............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

The new 5 Series is probably going to look nothing like that. It is only a photoshop image from a totally unreliable source.

The new E-Class is definitely not a looker. It has however regained some of the traits that made a Mercedes a Mercedes in the past. It is more square and robust looking than the tinny looking outgoing model. The interior also looks quite nice in an opulent sort of way and again is a return to form before the likes of the W210 appeared. MB also know that their clientele for the E-Class are usually middle-aged at least and are relatively conservative, so they've obviously styled the car to reflect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

You're right about the 5 series, it doesn't even have the larger kidney grills of the new 7 series, which always filters down into the other models. In fact its grills are even smaller than before.
    I'd expect it to look a lot different than what you see above.

As for the E-class, the jagged headlights do it no favours. Nice interior though, no doubt from an E320 or above.

Advertisement