Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carsten Krieger

• 21-01-2009 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just saw this guy on Nationwide this evening, he's based in the West of Ireland and is mainly a Landscape photographer. I found the peice to be interesting and very inspiring and was just wondering if anyone else saw it and what you guys think of him?

http://www.carstenkrieger.co.uk/

Mick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Yup - happened to just be on ( honestly i'm not a closet Nationwide fan :) ). I only had one ear to it though but from what I could hear he was stressing the importance of getting the weather right, and arriving at appropriate times + 1 and -2 hours from sunrise and sunset. Some of his images had taken him over a year to capture something that he was happy with.

His work looked nice although the reproduction on screen looked quite saturated to me.

Seemed like a nice guy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    happened to just be on

Same here... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I saw the piece and found it very interesting.
    There was one photograph where he waited a year for the heather to bloom, and the shot of the gap of dunloe was excellent. I've done the maps,planning, weather watching and early morning drives but for scuba diving.
    I'ld guess theres some rack of Gortex and Thinsulate hanging in the wardrobe.

Niall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Anyone watch the artist on after him? She was painting Alaska, the same eagle who appeared in the photobook. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

whyulittle wrote: »
    Anyone watch the artist on after him? She was painting Alaska, the same eagle who appeared in the photobook. :)

Her paintings were incredible, especially the gorillas, elephants and eagles. A very talented girl!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I noticed a shot he had that looked very similar to one I took a few weeks ago. The light is very different though.

His and mine.

Advertisement