Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nó Béarla

Options
  • 21-01-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Suil agam go bhfuil ar gfad chun pairt a ghlacadh ann?!
    hope you are all going to partake?!

deal is you get 15 euro in sponsorship for friday and fill out a form. The forms are available from the stand in the art's block.

15 euro gets you a snazzy hoodie and a special wristband granting free access into kila, coronas, jls, des bishop and any other activities on during that week.

catch?!no.......you don't even have to be fluent, just try speak some irish during the week and don't be afraid to try and make a mistake!!
    well worth the money in my opinion!

Anyone up for the challenge?!test how irish a campus is in its services it provides....should yield some interesting results if anything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Déanfaidh mé é!:D

Hell it's for a good cause,and a chance to flex the auld teanga to boot.

Although it will probably render me mute amongst my friends,who all freely profess to be crap at Irish.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Ró deacair!

As far as i know you cant speak any english in the period? Would make for some very interesting tutorials with foreign lecturers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

When aske dabout this today, I nicely said I don't have enough Irish, and also that you couldn't even pay me to go to the Coronas! Met my friend later, and so I said to her I'd just pay her the €15 to leave me alone:D Think I will do it though, be good to try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

is it actually a case of just "no Bearla" mar nil a lan bearla agam

one of my friends in Gael Soc said i could speak auf Deutsch agus as Gaeilge if i dont speak english??? and do you really get in free to that stuff cause i wanna get a JLS ticket but this thing is much better value :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I'm sorry, I don't speak peasant. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

passive wrote: »

You should be sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Is there free entry to JLS with this? I was gonna buy a ticket today but I'm doing No Bearla so there prob isn't much point in buying one if it is

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Ró deacair!

As far as i know you cant speak any english in the period? Would make for some very interesting tutorials with foreign lecturers :)

There's a exception. You're allowed to speak the Queen's tongue in lectures and tutorials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

passive wrote: »

:eek:
    :confused:
    :rolleyes:

ok turns out the JLS thing was a vicious rumour....free entry for Kila and the Coronas though

and i got my hoodie today so i'll be representin' during the week :D

• Advertisement

kev_s88 wrote: »
    ok turns out the JLS thing was a vicious rumour....free entry for Kila and the Coronas though

and i got my hoodie today so i'll be representin' during the week :D

Thought so. But Coronas and Kila should be good. Yay for hoodies!

Thought so. But Coronas and Kila should be good. Yay for hoodies!

seriously the hoodie is the warmest thing ever....its got that whole never been washed, soft thing going on....it totally kicks ass....although the snot green colour aint the best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Well it's damn good for €15 imo.Plus,with it,people can approach/shun you from a distance.:pac:

Plan on wearing mine to the student protest.Should make me stand out a bit.:D

Well it's damn good for €15 imo.Plus,with it,people can approach/shun you from a distance.:pac:

Plan on wearing mine to the student protest.Should make me stand out a bit.:D

For deffo! They ran out of hoodies though :( There might be more coming in later this afternoon (at least I think that's what she said!)

For deffo! They ran out of hoodies though :( There might be more coming in later this afternoon (at least I think that's what she said!)

theres more coming at the start of next week as far as i know

and we're getting the wristbands at our special breakfast on the 2nd Feb (first day of Seachtain na Gaeilge)

Any good stories from No Béarla this week?

I signed up for it, but I still ordered my lunch etc.. in English, so I suppose I failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Gingy wrote: »
    Any good stories from No Béarla this week?

I signed up for it, but I still ordered my lunch etc.. in English, so I suppose I failed.

I hope you didnt have English mustard on your lunch

..ya fenian bastard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Isn't no the Irish for or?? Or am I completely crap at Irish. If it is or English does that not mean you can speak as much English as you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Of all the people I saw in No Bearla hoodies, only one of them spoke Irish to me.

Isn't no the Irish for or?? Or am I completely crap at Irish. If it is or English does that not mean you can speak as much English as you like.

Nearly right Pride Fighter. There's a fada on 'nó' that means or. Nice effort to beat the system though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Raphael wrote: »
    Of all the people I saw in No Bearla hoodies, only one of them spoke Irish to me.
    Pretty much. One of the clerks in Centra was speaking it too.
    People were just wondering around in green hoodies speaking English.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Nil is agam ....... Nil is agam :(

(thats all I can say)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Grimes wrote: »
    Nil is agam ....... Nil is agam :(

(thats all I can say)

Nil a fhios agam. :pac:

Advertisement