Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access waste versus Greenstar

Options
  • 21-01-2009 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

got flier in the foor today advertising access waste. Works out 100 euro cheaper than greenstar for what we need so pretty good using pay as you go system.

Does anyone use access waste?are they reliable? Had few probs with greenstar and only have account since august

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I haven't had any experience with Access myself but I can tell you that Eurowaste have a different pricing structure to Greenstar. Greenstar do direct debit for 11 months of the year.

I think Eurowaste do a €160 yearly subscription fee then for every bin you pay €6 (you'll get a top-up payzone card).

Let me know how you get on with access - I'm not loyal to any refuse service. Although I do refuse to pay more than what is necessary:p

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

we use Eurowaste - its 380 a year for weekly pickup of general waste and recycling - as mentioned above they also have a tag system but I worked out you'd have to put it out less than once a fortnight for it to be cheaper (not an option with nappies in the bin :o). Main advantage over Greenstar IMO is that they pick up the recycling every week (though there's no bottle bin included).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

loyatemu wrote: »
    we use Eurowaste - its 380 a year for weekly pickup of general waste and recycling - as mentioned above they also have a tag system but I worked out you'd have to put it out less than once a fortnight for it to be cheaper (not an option with nappies in the bin :o). Main advantage over Greenstar IMO is that they pick up the recycling every week (though there's no bottle bin included).

They dont pick it up everyweek and yes they do have a bottle bin included we have 3 wheelie bins from them normal refuge, recyclable (paper, cardboard & plastic) and Glass. they give you a calendar to tell you which week to leave out the recyclable & glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

We have used Eurowaste since moving into Charlesland Park and never have had any problems. They do pick up both waste and recycling bins every week but they do not offer a third bin for glass bottles as mentioned. I would definitely recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 miliwalsh

Thanks so much for your replies,

Looked into access waste website and what they 'forgot' to mention in the flier was that its 50 something euro each to buy the waste and recycling bin (regardless of size before you pay for pick ups) which would bring the cost back in line with greenstar.

Only 2 of us so bin only goes out once a month (140 L general waste). Think I'll stick with greenstar afterall but will re-assess again next year.

Thanks again ,

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

Hi

I use Allied Waste and find them great. You buy the bins (as far as I can recall €25 each) one off payment and then buy the tags when you want to put them out.
    €10 for normal collection which comes every week and €5 for recycle.
    You can regulate yourself and you are in control. Just a suggestion - works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

i got my greenstar bill today for the year. total cost for the year is 149 euro. not sure how it compares to access waste but it is the cheapest 'band' that greenstar offer. hope this helps comparing the price to access.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The Guide wrote: »
    Hi

I use Allied Waste and find them great. You buy the bins (as far as I can recall €25 each) one off payment and then buy the tags when you want to put them out.
    €10 for normal collection which comes every week and €5 for recycle.
    You can regulate yourself and you are in control. Just a suggestion - works for me

Can you sell the bins back to them if you are moving out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Greenstar are the only waste company that I know of that do the small bin for general waste so the costs using that one was always cheaper. We used to have this service when we moved in first overe 4 years ago but when little one arrived, waste increased and a standard bin was needed. I investiagted the best option and Eurowaste ended up being that.

Also, as Loyatemu says, smelly nappies need to be gotten rid of so the bin gets put out more. This does give me the opportunity to dispose of junk sitting in the attic or the shed!!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement