Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firebird heatpac oil boiler attempting to start up but..

Options
  • 21-01-2009 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Have a Firebird Heatpac Oil boiler. Just come home and its attempting to start up every couple of seconds ...sounds like its igniting but then dies. Its not like when its empty - it stops trying to ignite.
    Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Eurorunner wrote: »
    Have a Firebird Heatpac Oil boiler. Just come home and its attempting to start up every couple of seconds ...sounds like its igniting but then dies. Its not like when its empty - it stops trying to ignite.
    Does this ring any bells with anyone?

This often happens on a Riello RDB, if the photocell is dirty.
    Probably also means that it is not burning OK.
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks for that James. I'm not going to go messing around with it. Will get it serviced as its well overdue - and want it running efficiently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Got it serviced and it you were right - just needed a clean. Happy out as if it hadnt have caused any bother, I would probably have continued to procrastinate - and keep putting off organising the service even though I was concerned it might not be running efficiently!

Advertisement