Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography Student hang outs - Cork Specific

• 21-01-2009 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

(mods - please feel free to delete if inappropriate)

Hey everyone - I'm trying to get in contact with photography students in Cork (looking to get someone to do our wedding - I won't put too much details up as I don't want to break the advertising rules and such)

I've put a sign up on the notice board in St John's (only college that I can think of that does a course - although now I think of it maybe CSN has one too?)

I'm wondering if there is specific forums that I could look at or maybe notice boards?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

You may get offers from here!

As such I just want to put a note of moderation to anyone who may intend replying to conduct any offer you may have via a PM to the OP or better still over on adverts where i see the listing in the "Services Wanted" section.

Do not post rates or offers or negotiate in any way with the OP on thread. These would be deleted and gain you an infraction.

Otherwise feel free to post advice on locations where the OP may search if you can advise.

OP - I was going to suggest adverts but i see you've already been there.

Good luck with you search and your big day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

UCC have a photography club. Not sure how good they are, or anything about them really. Whats CSN? Is it Colaiste and Spioraid NAoimh? Thats the only place i can think of. As far as getting someone to take pictures for your wedding, im not sure if you should trust randomers for that kind of thing. I mean, id do it, but ive never done a wedding before, and dont have any equipment that would be good enough for this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

I know a couple of guys down in Cork who can help. PM me your email and I can send across their details to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Deoir

Thanks for all the help, didn't think of going to photographic societies.

CSN is Coláiste Stiofáin Naofa, they don't have a specific photography course but I might throw a notice up that way anyways.

wrt trusting randomers, well we're on a mega budget and I don't consider myself to be in any way Bridezilla - esque, as long as everyones eyes are open in the important shots and there's a bit of personality behind the pictures I'm not fussy after that.

If someone wanted to go totally artsy mad that would be cool too but not a requirement.

Thanks again for the replies and pms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Deoir wrote: »
    (mods - please feel free to delete if inappropriate)

Hey everyone - I'm trying to get in contact with photography students in Cork (looking to get someone to do our wedding - I won't put too much details up as I don't want to break the advertising rules and such)

I've put a sign up on the notice board in St John's (only college that I can think of that does a course - although now I think of it maybe CSN has one too?)

I'm wondering if there is specific forums that I could look at or maybe notice boards?

Thanks.

Hi Deoir,

I think I saw that flyer last week. I am in St Johns doing an advanced digital photography course but have no experience in weddings. A few other students saw it as well, so it is being seen around.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

UCC has a photo soc that meet every Wednesday at 6pm in the West wing of the quad, Room WW6. You could go along and ask organiser to publicise your requirement

Advertisement