Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government ATM duty?

Options
  • 21-01-2009 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just had a look on my online bank today (BOI) and it appears that there was a charge of €2.50 that's marked as "GOVT CARD DUTY-ATM".

It's not a lot of money, but I don't remember that I was ever charged for that.

Can anyone tell me what that was for please?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

it's government stamp duty.
    2.50 for ATM cards,
    5.00 for laser cards.

last year and previous years it was more expensive.

i dont remeber what chequesbooks and credit cards are (30 or 40?) but they are much higher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mrfangliang

yeah, credit card duty is 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The Stamp Duty is calculated as follows:

If you use your card to withdraw money from an ATM during the year you will be charged €2.50 tax.
    If you use your card to make a purchase during the year you will be charged €2.50 tax.
    If you use your card to make a purchase and withdraw money from an ATM during the year you will be charged €5 tax (this will appear as two charges of €2.50 on your statement)

It was €10 last year and I think €20 previous to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

yeah, credit card duty is 40.

It's 30.

Advertisement