Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personality goes a long way????

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Righto. I am a woman and to be honest the most important thing is me is that we live within our means. I like of course to be treated to meals but equally like to do the treating back. I have my own place, a mortgage and a nice enough lifestyle. Having said that my car is a ten year old car that gets me from A to B.

I'll tell you what my mom told me, she maintained that flash gits were no good. She always used to say to look for a persons work ethic. If they work hard then you will always be secure. Similarly she used to say that it was important for a woman to be earning too. She got married in the 50's when some employers didn't hire married women. She worked all thru her marriage until she had me the menopause baby at 45! Not really the done thing in those days but my Dad did shift work as did she.

If I never got married or had kids or met my OH i'd be living in a nice home with a good life and a small few bob in the bank. The fact that I have met someone means that I'll be doing the same but with him and maybe a sprog or two who knows.

I suppose what I am trying to get across is that this girl was trying to live beyond her means in some ways. If she wanted to go to all these places what is wrong withher putting her hand in her pocket??

Incidentally my brother and sis in law went to Mint a few months back for her b-day. The have a few bob are pushing 50 so love all the nice places and stayed in the four seasons. They thought it was a rip off!!!! They were chatting to another couple afterwards and while the food was nice tehy reckoned they'd not be rushing back. I suppose what I am trying to say is that really there comes a time for codology in your life and when you are starting off is not the time to do it.

My advice to your ex is to find an oul millionare with a heart problem and a hearing problem so he won't have to listen to her sh!ite!

To wrap up my long waffling post I think that it really boils down to living within your means. Do what you can afford. Finaces put an unreal pressure on a realtionship. Money is important but for things like ESB, doctors and fruit and veg. Not to be thrown away on things you cannot afford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

It's women like that makes the rest of us look bad!

My thinking is, if you're a woman with expensive taste, provide the luxuries you want for yourself! Don't expect a man to provide them.

I wouldn't want a man to buy me anything, let alone shell out for ludicrously expensive meals and gifts!

For some people, maybe money IS an important factor in a relationship.
    But why does it necessarily have to be the man who's paying out for things?

Advertisement