Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gatso van?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

That van was just around the bend from the menlo park roundabout when I passed at 10 to 9 on monday morning. Just picking on the easy targets, people going to work and some late for work.

I was going about 40mph maybe more and (stupidly) on the phone, so I'm done twice really.

However I hope they're not doing people for going over 30, that would just be taking the absoloute piss. Especially since no cops obey speed limits (especially on bothar na dtreabh & the bridge) and half of them don't have they're driving courses done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

po0k wrote: »
    Maybe you should take a back seat John, eh? :)

So the Gatso Van can't get a pic of my face? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Ah, Bothar na dTreadhbh me hole. It's the Eastern Approach Road still in my book.

Bit like Quincentenary Bridge. If people can't be bothered to call it by its correct name (i.e. not Quincentennial), then just call it the New Bridge.

Poncey new-fangled names. Its a recession we're in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JohnCleary wrote: »
    So the Gatso Van can't get a pic of my face? :D

Yeah, we wouldn't want them breaking the camera lens now.

There ... does that response make you feel better? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

soundbyte wrote: »
    Ah, Bothar na dTreadhbh me hole. It's the Eastern Approach Road still in my book.

Bit like Quincentenary Bridge. If people can't be bothered to call it by its correct name (i.e. not Quincentennial), then just call it the New Bridge.

Poncey new-fangled names. Its a recession we're in :)

I think they should call that entire road from Westside to Oranmore the 'Northern Ring Road (N6)' because it circles across the top of the city. Number all the roundabouts and junctions to make it so much easier to follow for out of towners.

And I don't like the proposed bypass being called a bypass either, it should be called an outer (northern) ring road. A bypass seems less important than a ring road. Would be like calling the M50 or Cork South Ring Road bypasses when they're clearly ring roads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

KevR wrote: »
    And I don't like the proposed bypass being called a bypass either, it should be called an outer (northern) ring road. A bypass seems less important than a ring road. Would be like calling the M50 or Cork South Ring Road bypasses when they're clearly ring roads.
    Agreed. "Bypass" implies that Spiddle or Rosaveel is more important than Galway.

They might be, if you're on the payroll of Cuiv, Eamonn O but to the civilised world, they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Robbo wrote: »
    Agreed. "Bypass" implies that Spiddle or Rosaveel is more important than Galway.

They might be, if you're on the payroll of Cuiv, Eamonn O but to the civilised world, they're not.

Exactly. You wouldn't say the Dublin Bypass or the Cork Bypass for the M50 or Cork SRR. The majority of people who use those roads do so to get into some part of Dublin or Cork or to get from one part of the city to the other. This will also be the case with Galway. Hardly anyone uses the M50 or CSRR to bypass Dublin or Cork. Most people using the 'M6 Galway Northern Ring Road' won't be bypassing Galway.

A bypass is what you would describe the Athlone or Loughrea bypasses as. Those roads go directly past the towns (rather than circling around it) and the majority of users don't use these roads to access the towns or to get from one side of the town to the other.

Advertisement