Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

peasant wrote: »
    You ( or rather I) learn something new every day !

Still ...9+ secs to 100 still is pretty quick

Most definitely, I'd hate someone to snap it up though on impulse (slim enough chance) to find out later it was not what they thought it was :) To be honest, I'd be half tempted myself to buy it if 'twere in Munster, would do grand for a few months for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

RoverJames wrote: »
    Most definitely, I'd hate someone to snap it up though on impulse (slim enough chance) to find out later it was not what they thought it was :) To be honest, I'd be half tempted myself to buy it if 'twere in Munster, would do grand for a few months for a change.
    Do these also use the Midlands 5speed as used in the mg zr and the early MINI's? I have a vague recollection they might? That one linked to seems very clean, even if not the VTS version. Don't usually go for Frecnh, but a Saxo VTS/VTR would be a laugh.

They use what I'd call a relation of it, the thing mated to the 1.4, 1.6Ks and the early Mini was an R65, which was derived from a box that was in the Citroen BX, now it was uprated for the K series and was still a huge weakpoint. I know the outer cover or housing is different between the PSAs and the Rovers, folks do change some internals, dunno the ins and outs of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,107 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Like riding on a magic carpet, yours for €1200 notes...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1778878

View2-4846378.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I wonder is that an ex taxi getting in before the 9 year rule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I wonder is that an ex taxi getting in before the 9 year rule

At 168k miles unlikely. Would have had a lot more miles, if it was a taxi. Unless it was a chauffeur car. Then maybe.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    At 168k miles unlikely. Would have had a lot more miles, if it was a taxi. Unless it was a chauffeur car. Then maybe.

/M

rewind.jpg

Well, that's easy to spot by various means. For example every NCT the milage would have been recorded.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Well, that's easy to spot by various means. For example every NCT the milage would have been recorded.

/M

I know but how many people would run a check on a 1200e car?

It could very well be straight it just seems very cheap for what it is and for some reason strikes me as either being a taxi or having an issue

It could very well be straight it just seems very cheap for what it is and for some reason strikes me as either being a taxi or having an issue

Of course it has an issue. And a fairly obvious one.

It's a 12 year old car with a fair enough high milage, that has a 1566 EUR/year tax sticker. That's a problem for a lot of people.

For me, that just looks priced to sell, but certainly bangernomics.

/M

• Advertisement
    M

I know but how many people would run a check on a 1200e car?

I think it's more supply and demand, very few people want to be shelling out €1600 a year in road tax on a 12 year old car. Having said that these cars are really well put together and give little trouble, zero depreciation at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Hugely unpopular because of its front looks but I would, would you?

2001 Hyundai Accent Gsi Gs
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1804910

dnme wrote: »
    Hugely unpopular because of its front looks but I would, would you?

2001 Hyundai Accent Gsi Gs
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1804910

You could do an awful lot worse for that money, the ole lad has a 99 one from new, aside from servicing, a timing belt and water pump after 6 or 7 years, a battery at 10 years old and a thermostat she's cost nothing. Only 35K miles on her but has aged very very well.

Everything else is original, exhaust, pads, shocks, clutch everything. As well as being original everything is fine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

You could do an awful lot worse for that money, the ole lad has a 99 one from new, aside from servicing, a timing belt and water pump after 6 or 7 years, a battery at 10 years old and a thermostat she's cost nothing. Only 35K miles on her but has aged very very well.

Everything else is original, exhaust, pads, shocks, clutch everything. As well as being original everything is fine too.

Jaze, d'y'know what, I just might. Be a nice little spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

armour plated and all eh ..... nice though. A little overpriced maybe.

E39MSport wrote: »
    A little overpriced maybe.

shiftable for €750 unless the seller finds a right plank, I always ask looney prices for cars too when I am selling them on, the odd time someone bites, when they don't the price is like knickers, it comes down :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭Esel

.... the price is like knickers, it comes down :pac:
    Made me laugh! :D

Not your ornery onager

M

Like riding on a magic carpet, yours for €1200 notes...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1778878

View2-4846378.jpeg

She's sold, as usual when it's priced right it sells, was only up for 24 hours, any of you punters purchase her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,625 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lovely little motors with an incredibly small turning circle :D

I like the cinquecento, but I (6'2) couldn't really fit in very well and the pedals were awkward. The seicento was fine though :)

Any pics / links to the ad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

went to view a fiat barchetta the other day and saw this in a back shed .
    xkwpc3.jpg

it would come at around a grand , very tempted ...the barchetta was a bit of a pig. might have to off load the fiat coupe (no room):(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

If your off loading the coupe...keep me in mind ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

that GTV is gorgeous lookin.

Could be a 3ltr V6 as well judgin by the spoiler.

They were standard on the 3ltr not the 2ltr but could have been added of course.

The sound out of the V6 engine is AMAZING. I want one.:D

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    If your off loading the coupe...keep me in mind ;)

i"ll be honest , i drove the coupe down to limerick and back this morning and it was a lovely drive , not a giggle out of her , was a bit thirsty but i was expecting that anyway, think i will keep it but buy the gtv and sell that on , its cheap at a grand 00 D with 102k on the clock , it will fly tru the NCT (famous last words:D) then price it to sell .its coming around for a new clutch so i"ll trow one in ,

that GTV is gorgeous lookin.

Could be a 3ltr V6 as well judgin by the spoiler.

They were standard on the 3ltr not the 2ltr but could have been added of course.

The sound out of the V6 engine is AMAZING. I want one.:D

its the 2.0 16v t-spark engine , the spoiler was an add-on :(. still a nice car and the 2ltr is easier to off load , i think the tan hide interior off-sets the black paint nicely .im not to sure but i think there the 3.0 v6 wheels aswell .:confused:
    anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

V6 wheels were bigger IIRC.

almanu wrote: »
    its the 2.0 16v t-spark engine , the spoiler was an add-on :(. still a nice car and the 2ltr is easier to off load , i think the tan hide interior off-sets the black paint nicely .im not to sure but i think there the 3.0 v6 wheels aswell .:confused:
    anyone know?

Easier to off load fair enough but if personally if I was buyin one it would have to be the V6. Nothing else would do.

I do like the tan interiors on the black models though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtVZJfTsSVc&feature=related -- video of GTV V6 . Listen to that engine!

Easier to off load fair enough but if personally if I was buyin one it would have to be the V6. Nothing else would do.

I do like the tan interiors on the black models though.

i drove a v6 years ago , i remember it being quick aswell . there nice alright but i could see it gathering dust on my drive way , road tax and insurance would be off the wall IMO.:(

almanu wrote: »
    i drove a v6 years ago , i remember it being quick aswell . there nice alright but i could see it gathering dust on my drive way , road tax and insurance would be off the wall IMO.:(

Road tax is dear (you could do it monthly if you didnt have the lump sum for it) but the car itself wouldn't cost big money. You'd get a decent one for less than 5k sure. Insurance wouldnt be too bad depending on your age of course.

• Advertisement

Road tax is dear (you could do it monthly if you didnt have the lump sum for it) but the car itself wouldn't cost big money. You'd get a decent one for less than 5k sure. Insurance wouldnt be too bad depending on your age of course.

im 38 insurance wouldnt be a prob for me , just might frighten potential customers away. thats just with a 3ltr mind you , the 2ltrs fly out the door , good ones anyway, just had a look at the youtube link , it would give you the motoring stiffy alright:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement