Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

RoverJames wrote: »
    :cool: My neighbour (RIP Mr Quinlan) had one of them (in silver) in the 90s with chrome deep dish alloys on it (the chap was in his late 60s at the time). Iirc he had a 180SX before it, a propor enthusiast he was.

hopefully thats me a few years down the line :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Ten quid says it has galactical mileage on it!

Are those wheels reps? They look like the M5 wheels but they're not as deep dished etc.

125k apparently with NCT until 04/11

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

Eoin wrote: »
    If our tax system wasn't the way it was, then those cars wouldn't be as cheap to buy 2nd hand.

sure they will .. they are status symbols ... not new enough to be shown off, and not old enough to be classic ... they'll stay cheap ... they still have high costs ... insurance, servicing, petrol, nct!!!

can you imagine a <rich group you hate (ff seems to be leading here)> saying: 'sorry was late i had to nct my bmw 7 series. Now lets play golf!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

davoxx wrote: »
    sure they will .. they are status symbols ... not new enough to be shown off, and not old enough to be classic ... they'll stay cheap ... they still have high costs ... insurance, servicing, petrol, nct!!!

can you imagine a <rich group you hate (ff seems to be leading here)> saying: 'sorry was late i had to nct my bmw 7 series. Now lets play golf!"

If the tax of a 728i wasn't 1100 euro I'd gladly buy one and show it off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1845566

800 sheets - might be a guddun. Has NCT

Full?id=5103187

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Should be plenty miles per buck left in that, they are great bangernomics cars. Nicer looking than the model that followed too IMO..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

davoxx wrote: »

If you compare the same model car but with different engines; the running costs are often the same and the tax is the main difference (e.g. the real-world MPG figures for a petrol e39 BMW 520, 525, 528 and 530 are quite close).

In many cases, the car with the smaller engine will sell better; purely because the tax is that much higher. Insurance is often the same, servicing is the same and I'm not sure what the NCT point is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

langdang wrote: »
    Should be plenty miles per buck left in that, they are great bangernomics cars. Nicer looking than the model that followed too IMO..

+1 loved that model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

E39MSport wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1845566

800 sheets - might be a guddun. Has NCT

Full?id=5103187

Christ would it have killed him to take a couple of decent pics & provide a bit more info? I think its reading 131,803 on the clock. You'd get another few years out of it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Great value S-Type. Quite good cars in my opinion.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/s-type/s-type/jaguar/424103

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263365b2dcd4d7a562d0338e3a3fe22ff79b2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Fcukin sure. Shes very clean for a 99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Always liked those S-Types. I'd still prefer an E38 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lillil

Christ would it have killed him to take a couple of decent pics & provide a bit more info? I think its reading 131,803 on the clock. You'd get another few years out of it alright.

Took her for a spin yesterday, IMO she's in a sorry state and not good value.

Always liked those S-Types. I'd still prefer an E38 though!

Has one of them magic J auto boxes, can put her in 4th and she'll stay in 4th, can even take off in 4th in them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Damn you! that has to be there for me on payday! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Damn you! that has to be there for me on payday! ;)
    Marked as sold now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Wow that was a bargain and a half, I would have happily snapped it up!

Was for sale for weeks, someone else posted it up here in early January.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Was for sale for weeks, someone else posted it up here in early January.

Gas though, it was forsale privately for ages, goes into a garage for two days and it's sold :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Twas for sale there for a while afaik, just at twice the price.

Twas for sale there for a while afaik, just at twice the price.

I thought it was forsale for 850 for the last few months, defintely wasn't over 1k.

How much would you put on it? ;)
    1750 was the original price up until this weekend I think.
    If you google subaru forester limerick donedeal you will get a link to that car, with 1750 as the price. Obviously it now shows up as 950 when you click thru...

Unless... it was for sale private AND thru that garage? And I never saw the private ad at the lower price?

I'll put 50 monopolys money on it! We were even discussing the area around it! The search continues lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Full?id=4952519

I'll put 50 monopolys money on it! We were even discussing the area around it! The search continues lol

'twas the same pics too me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Full?id=4952519

Fuck the tax, that's a serious bargain if it's straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Confab wrote: »
    Fuck the tax, that's a serious bargain if it's straight.

Looks clean in the pics. I'm in the market for a banger and all, cash waiting, ticks all the boxes but €442 a quarter for tax is just a bit much, especially for a €1k car, if it had a couple of months tax to soften the blow, I'd be down there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,384 ✭✭✭✭Esel

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Full?id=4952519
    Wondering how you guys find the car from a link that is just to a photo. Do you go to the site and search?

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just give a straight link to the ad? :confused:

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Esel wrote: »
    Wondering how you guys find the car from a link that is just to a photo. Do you go to the site and search?

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just give a straight link to the ad? :confused:

Click on the picture :) The poster has linked the picture to the ad :)

/M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement