Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

kazul wrote: »
    Sorry for going OT, but...
    There are companies in the UK that trade in "cherished plates". They don't have them on vehicles so I'm not sure about ownership or MOT issues regarding buying/selling UK plates. Maybe somebody can confirm how the system works.

The car they are being removed from must have a current MOT, once the old car has a new registration the other plate can effectively be put 'on hold'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That Alfa is so pretty... Must... Resist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1874699
    550quid, nct till june, 2ltr petrol.. Not bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Sobanek wrote: »

Are they throwing in the trolley jack and wheel brace in the pics? ;) Is that a tow rope?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,627 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sobanek wrote: »

Lot of car for the money, but is it really a 7-seater? It doesn't seem to have the rear facing little bench in the boot. Also it's an auto, not a manual as advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,417 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

unkel wrote: »
    Lot of car for the money, but is it really a 7-seater? It doesn't seem to have the rear facing little bench in the boot. Also it's an auto, not a manual as advertised.

It seems to have the fold away seat in the boot floor & also a rear facing seat belt, so yes, I think its a 7 seater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,107 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

€750 notes, might need the rosary beads in July for the NCT :D

Full?id=5218453

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1874819

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

€750 notes, might need the rosary beads in July for the NCT :D

Full?id=5218453

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1874819

A MIKE BREWER SPECIAL :D
    Would love this though, a lot of car for the mula

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

@ 675 euro ,NCT till next year bangernomics for sure

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1693346

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

almanu wrote: »
    @ 675 euro ,NCT till next year bangernomics for sure

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1693346

A red Saab with black bumpers, he'd need to knock another 300 quid off for me :D

• Advertisement

Ricardo G wrote: »
    A redpink Saab with black bumpers, he'd need to knock another 300675 quid off for me :D

FYP

A red Saab with black bumpers, he'd need to knock another 300 quid off for me :D

bit of T-Cut :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

A MIKE BREWER SPECIAL :D
    Would love this though, a lot of car for the mula
    There is something about that add. The fact that they have only one picture and no mention of milage. Maybe the owner just couldn't give a toss and wants rid of it so €750 sheets and take it away.
    I would love to know what milage is on that car - or if indeed there was anything wrong with it.

cadaliac wrote: »
    There is something about that add. The fact that they have only one picture and no mention of milage. Maybe the owner just couldn't give a toss and wants rid of it so €750 sheets and take it away.
    I would love to know what milage is on that car - or if indeed there was anything wrong with it.

My guess is the mileage is >200k miles. Wouldn't deter me tbh, it's not all that much on a big lazy V8 engine. I'd be more worried about the autobox and the suspension. That said if the box shifts smoothly and the car drives well, you can't go that far wrong for €750

At least not until the NCT :D

Just looked it up and even the newer '95-'97 LS400 has only a 4 speed gearbox. That's a bit retarded for a car that age in that class. It will be pretty brutal on the petrol, but I guess won't matter much if your mileage is low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Just looked it up and even the newer '95-'97 LS400 has only a 4 speed gearbox. That's a bit retarded for a car that age in that class. It will be pretty brutal on the petrol, but I guess won't matter much if your mileage is low.

Yeah, going for a '98 is worth the extra money. Lots of new features

- Redesigned front end. Changes to the hood, fenders, grille, front bumper, and front lights.
    - Discharge headlight became standard equipment on Canadian models and optional equipment for US models.
    - Slightly refined rear lights.
    - Outer rearview mirror was changed to reduce wind noise.
    - Wheels were redesigned and now have 5 spokes.
    - A retractable headrest was added to the rear center seat.
    - Another rear personal light was added to the rear quarter pillar area.
    - A leather & wood steering wheel and wood shifter were introduced as optional equipment.
    - VVT-i (variable valve timing-intelligent) system and the ACIS (acoustic control induction system) was adopted in the 1UZ-FE engine to improve fuel economy, improve performance, and reduce emissions. ETCS-i (electronic throttle control system) was also added to ensure excellent controllability of the vehicle and improve its comfort. Worlds first production V8 engine with VVT-i.
    - 290 hp @ 6000 rpm and 300 ft-lbs of torque @ 4000 rpm.
    - The 4-speed automatic transmission was replaced by a 5-speed transmission.
    - Propeller shaft was slightly changed.
    - The differential gear ratio was reduced to improve fuel economy. 2 mounts were used on both the front and rear of the differential to further reduce vibration and noise.
    - The VSC (Vehicle Skid Control) system was added.
    - Suspension and brakes slightly revised.
    - The hydraulic circuit of the power steering system changed.
    - More work on the body and sound dampening material to further reduce vibration and noise.
    - An automatic headlight beam level control system was added to models with HID headlights.
    - A headlight off delay system was added to keep the headlights on for a set period of time after occupants exit the car.
    - A multi-information display was added to the instrument cluster to display vehicle data and warnings. The design of the shift indicator was changed.
    - An automatic recirculation system was added to automatically switch the air inlet mode in accordance with the level of concentration of harmful elements in the air.
    - An all-door one-touch auto up and down function was added.
    - A jam protection function was added to prevent a person's hand or other object from becoming caught in the door window.
    - A function to operate all windows was added to the door lock remote control.
    - Changes were made to the engine immobiliser system. The starter cutoff function was discontinued. The theft deterrent system was slightly changed.
    - The construction and operation of the inflator for the front passenger air bag was changed.
    - A garage door opener was added to the map lamp area.
    - A seat belt warning for the front passenger was added. The display method for the seat belt warning system changed from the illumination type to the flashing type.
    - A navigation system was offered for the first time as an option.
    - Some changes to the audio system. A diversity rear window imprinted antenna system started to be used.
    - Top speed = 149 mph; 0-60 = 6.3 seconds; 0-400m = 14.9 seconds.

God that 4 speed would be horrible! I told ye before about my mother uncle who burnt the tyres of one pulling out of a petrol station :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

God that 4 speed would be horrible! I told ye before about my mother uncle who burnt the tyres of one pulling out of a petrol station :L

Oh yeah, Uncle Burn-Out. That was pretty funny, I'd love to have had a camera for that one!

Confab wrote: »
    Oh yeah, Uncle Burn-Out. That was pretty funny, I'd love to have had a camera for that one!

Aye, 78 year old uncle! I just heard a friend put a "I survived the Scrappage scheme" sticker on his car! All Bangernomics cars now require this lol

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I havent heard that, sounds like a great story! Did your uncle drop the hammer leaving a petrol station?

Uncle Bilking?:D

• Advertisement

My guess is the mileage is >200k miles. Wouldn't deter me tbh, it's not all that much on a big lazy V8 engine. I'd be more worried about the autobox and the suspension. That said if the box shifts smoothly and the car drives well, you can't go that far wrong for €750

At least not until the NCT :D

It does :D

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I havent heard that, sounds like a great story! Did your uncle drop the hammer leaving a petrol station?

He was pulling out and was looking up the road as he was accelerating and the car wasn't moving. He was worried and took the foot off the pedal and saw a hole heap of smoke behind him! He thought the worst, got out and saw the tyres were down to the wire!

140k miles. T belt done at 54 and 128k. Ex BOI governors car - 3 owners. Fully serviced. 4k miles in the past 4 years by the last owner. Absolutely mint. Driving perfectly and now mine :D Got it insured as a classic too.

The chap who sold it is a pure old gent. Just wanted rid. Lost his trousers in shares etc. I feel a little guilty tbh.

The 4 speed auto is fine. I have similar on the 8er. My cruiser has similar (probably the same as the LS) but it could certainly do with a 5 speed manual.

I'll get the megs/zymol at it before putting it on the catwalk for a few snaps.

edit: - Love it btw. A beautiful driver.

E39MSport wrote: »
    140k miles. T belt done at 54 and 128k. Ex BOI governors car - 3 owners. Fully serviced. 4k miles in the past 4 years by the last owner. Absolutely mint. Driving perfectly and now mine :D

Nice :D

Well done & well wear!!!

Nice :D

Well done & well wear!!!

Cheers!

Got to pay a visit to the local coucil offices now :rolleyes: I'll be switching between the cruiser (4.2l) and the LS from now on. LS for the summer and cruiser for the winter. No effin way I'm taxing all 4 together.

I'll risk running them around the block here every so often when out of tax (very rural).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Hi E39MSport, can you please post pictures about your Ls400.

Does that year model come with "magic button", pwr button in the gearbox, choosing that one really changes the car from cruiser to rocket :)

I have the newer, 98 model that I bough recently. Great car, a bit thirsty in the city but in the coutryside it is quite good. City maybe 17/18mpg and in countryside about 30mpg. (or 20mpg if you like to use the power)

After I was a passenger in my friends Skyline, I noticed how quiet my Ls400 and also how huge the car actually is :)

Hi,
    It's on another thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70550159&postcount=1962

I have the pwr button on it but haven't used it. have same on my cruiser - I think it just modifies the gear shifts. There's the stoopid overdrive button too which I hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭v240gltse

saw this on donedeal for 750e and nct till 2012

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1878504

brendan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

v240gltse wrote: »
    saw this on donedeal for 750e and nct till 2012

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1878504

brendan

All the chrome bits stuck on to it ruin it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement