Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

All the chrome bits stuck on to it ruin it.

And those crappy headlights (one is letting in water)

E39MSport wrote: »
    And those crappy headlights (one is letting in water)

And the mirrors, where the feck did he get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

140k miles. T belt done at 54 and 128k. Ex BOI governors car - 3 owners. Fully serviced. 4k miles in the past 4 years by the last owner. Absolutely mint. Driving perfectly and now mine :D Got it insured as a classic too.

Well wear, textbook bangernomics!! How does it qualify for classic ins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

No mention of NCT but it's 200bhp for under a grand: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1881752

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

2001 Nissan Primera, with short NCT, but looks in reasonable nick, low mileage at just 82k, and a good runabout for less than €1k.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1871152

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

XJ6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

deadlast wrote: »
    Well wear, textbook bangernomics!! How does it qualify for classic ins?

FirstIreland called their classic insurer and they agreed to it. I have 3 other motors (2 daily one other classic) insured with them which may helped.

However, I generally find them good to deal with and very accommodating. (Thanks to Matt_Simis for originally suggesting them)

Cheers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

FirstIreland called their classic insurer and they agreed to it. I have 3 other motors (2 daily one other classic) insured with them which may helped.

However, I generally find them good to deal with and very accommodating. (Thanks to Matt_Simis for originally suggesting them)

Cheers,

+1 on First Ireland, great insurer. Been with them for years and I don't see myself moving anytime soon.

Bit pricey considering it's slammed and the NCT is up in a month.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Class, someone buy this! Won't hang around long I'd say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

langdang wrote: »
    Class, someone buy this! Won't hang around long I'd say...

It's up 26 days :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

It's up 26 days :L
    final price reduction....... :L

Ah yes! I'm trying to find a picture of a friend of mines GTI, must be on the other computer.

Edit:

163680_134709959924668_100001569933516_235242_2343968_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,627 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

RoverJames wrote: »
    Bit pricey considering it's slammed and the NCT is up in a month.

You're giving out about a nice 10 year old low mileage well maintained luxo Alfa with a valid NCT. And you suggest a nearly 20 year old Toyota for nearly the same price with no mention of NCT or mileage? :p

Must admit though that when I thanked the 166 suggestion, I read it as having a 01/13 NCT and not a 03/11 one :o

unkel wrote: »
    Must admit though that when I thanked the 166 suggestion, I read it as having a 01/13 NCT and not a 03/11 one :o

I also must admit when I thanked it I hadn't seen the price! Lol

langdang wrote: »
    final price reduction....... :L

If he changed the price from €1,600 to €160, VolvoCarinaboy might get interested :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

You're giving out about a nice 10 year old low mileage well maintained luxo Alfa with a valid NCT. And you suggest a nearly 20 year old Toyota for nearly the same price with no mention of NCT or mileage? :p

In fairness I wasn't giving out as such, but to say the Alfa is well maintained based on the add is a bit of a stretch. Lowered like that with tints doesn't bode well me thinks. I like 166s but that Alfa is a skanger wagon.

The Carina is as well maintained as the Alfa if you take the adds at face value :P Fully serviced with a new belt :)

• Advertisement

Still 10 year old classy car with test versus 20 year old sh1tbox without test. For the same price. Get my point? :D

Still 10 year old classy car with test versus 20 year old sh1tbox without test. For the same price. Get my point? :D

No :pac:
    If the Alfa wasn't lowered with the tints I'd get your point though :)

A slammed car due a test sets off alarm bells for me, some folks cut springs etc etc for lowering. If the Alfa was genuinely in great nick if I was trying to sell it I'd have a test on it :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1645399

Majorily over priced but it has to be said, it's very pretty.

Pretty is not the word I'd use on a big old fat ugly man like a Lexus LS400 :D

Looks in good condition alright, but why oh why the lack of NCT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,417 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I cannot think of anything worse than a lowered 166. I had one that wasnt lowered in any way and let me just say the sump was alittle too near the road. IMO they look just right with the factory ride height. That one is terrible I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1645399

Majorily over priced but it has to be said, it's very pretty.

whoooooow i just bought a 97 one for 450e , it needs a valet but im working on that now , full leather all the bells and add ons too , have it booked in for an NCT in 2 weeks and im not worried at all , that guy is dreaming if he thinks he"s going to get near that price for his , ill let mine go for 850 with tax , test and valet done . ill post some pics when i have it presentable :)

1750 for a 92 one crazy

almanu wrote: »
    have it booked in for an NCT in 2 weeks and im not worried at all

Report back here after your test :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Pretty is not the word I'd use on a big old fat ugly man like a Lexus LS400 :D

Looks in good condition alright, but why oh why the lack of NCT?

If it will pass the test, no bother, why doesn't he spend €50 & put it thru'. Then with a few (a good few) quid knocked off, it will sell.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Report back here after your test :)

will do , as always :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement