Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

Another unloved car: new NCT, tax, service history and four new tyres for 850 quid. Another one that'll be gone tomorrow morning if not already, I reckon.

inflation: http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/44/74706444.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Looks like someone has learned from their mistake! It was only bought in Jan by it's current owner...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1855352

Could be a good buy. FSH with NCT till August. Crackin lookin motor imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1855352

Could be a good buy. FSH with NCT till August. Crackin lookin motor imo

That was up for sale about a month ago I think.

Can't remember price, but think it was around that, maybe less?

Same pics anyway, maybe just re-listed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭pcardin

Col200sx wrote: »
    That was up for sale about a month ago I think.

Can't remember price, but think it was around that, maybe less?

Same pics anyway, maybe just re-listed?

Just relisted. Price was the same. These things don't sell that fast unfortunately. Mine was '97 and I couldn't get anything close to that. The guy who bought it from me is more optimistic though and is trying to sell it for €1300. Nice looking car but full of problems. Never again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

pcardin wrote: »
    Just relisted. Price was the same. These things don't sell that fast unfortunately. Mine was '97 and I couldn't get anything close to that. The guy who bought it from me is more optimistic though and is trying to sell it for €1300. Nice looking car but full of problems. Never again.

Ok you've had bad experience with them. But are they all as troublesome?

I thought they were solid enough machines.

Percieved reliability and real reliability are two very different things. I know this as an alfa driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭pcardin

Ok you've had bad experience with them. But are they all as troublesome?

I thought they were solid enough machines.

Percieved reliability and real reliability are two very different things. I know this as an alfa driver.

Well I'm driving italian cars myself so I wasn't affraid to buy the jag even after reading about all the problems they had. This current one and mine is model X300 and it's concidered as the best jag model build. That 3.2 6-cylinder engine is very stable so is automatic transmission. Electrics part is terrible though. So was on mine. Everyone says that italian cars are the ones with constant electric problems. Well..they haven't tried jag apparently. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

I think this is good value for this motor. I know its not bangeromics but I think they are a great car. This one looks original and unmodified.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1898108

Full?id=5311019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

freighter wrote: »
    I think this is good value for this motor. I know its not bangeromics but I think they are a great car. This one looks original and unmodified.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1898108

Full?id=5311019

Dreamer of the year thread is thata way
    >

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Dreamer of the year thread is thata way
    >

:pac:

I always loved them actually. I havent seen one in years.

• Advertisement

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I always loved them actually. I havent seen one in years.

I like them as well, im a bit of a honda fan but 1400 euros for that is magic mushroom talk. When i seen the photo i thought....maybe 500 euro?

Its a twenty year old car with almost a quarter of a million k on it.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

freighter wrote: »

Not original wheels or exaust.....not original.

Conorm1990 posted this link in another thread. Looks like a good car for small enough money.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1938421

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,628 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Conorm1990 posted this link in another thread. Looks like a good car for small enough money.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1938421

With a years tax! NCt for more than a year. €800. Bangernomics at its best :)

unkel wrote: »
    With a years tax! NCt for more than a year. €800. Bangernomics at its best :)

I know its a bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I wonder why someone would tax a car for 12 months and then decide to be rid of it.....tread carefully, although it could be in good condition.

the bonnet also has a dent a rust on it

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I wonder why someone would tax a car for 12 months and then decide to be rid of it.....tread carefully, although it could be in good condition.

A dent wouldnt put me off. Your Snorolla was as rough as toast when you got rid of it....:D:p

A dent wouldnt put me off. Your Snorolla was as rough as toast when you got rid of it....:D:p

Straight to the point :pac:

There was nothing wrong with the Snorolla only the price I let it go for

With regular oil top ups it will sadly last forever :D

That honda would be a nippy enough little yoke as well. Non vtec but ive driven the 1.4 version & thought it to be swift enough so the 1.6 would probably be a hoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Now here's a bargain..only 700.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1915555

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Pig of a thing in petrol (and diesel), hate the look of them personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'd rather flaggelate myself for 20 out of 24 hours every day than drive that heap ...never mind pay money for it :D

PS ..this wouldn't be yours, now would it?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

peasant wrote: »
    I'd rather flaggelate myself for 20 out of 24 hours every day than drive that heap ...never mind pay money for it :D

PS ..this wouldn't be yours, now would it?:D
    Not a notion. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

make it easier to sell I suposse. Those cars just need to be serviced and they'll go forever and Id say the only is mature enough as the young lads dont like those shape Civics. that 1.6 engine is dead tho mind you all d series Honda Engines without vtec are dead and the single cam vtecs arent much better tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Apparently those Rover shape ones are fairly heavy too... Although I imagine the buyer of that will have speed at their least of "Must haves"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That last honda seems a bit too good.80k? I would have thought it would be more.A real bargain right enough.Some posters here still want the car to be perfect for 800 quid:rolleyes:;):p.If I had money I would consider it.

jimmyw wrote: »
    That honda seems a bit too good.I would have thought it would be more.A real bargain right enough.Some posters here still want the car to be perfect for 800 quid:rolleyes:;):p.If I had money I would consider it.
    The dent was just a comment that maybe it hasn't be looked after well.

I know the last time I got rid of a Golf with 12 months tax on it due to it being a pig thats why it entered my mind.

Just be wary is all I was saying, all that glistens is not gold you know;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

The dent was just a comment that maybe it hasn't be looked after well.

I know the last time I got rid of a Golf with 12 months tax on it due to it being a pig thats why it entered my mind.

Just be wary is all I was saying, all that glistens is not gold you know;)

Ah yeah for sure I know, I was just messing really.Its probably not a popular model car and maybe not much in the way of toys with cloth seats, but if you were on a small budget it certainly would be worth a look at least.It could well be clocked too or some biggish fault looming.

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »
    Ah yeah for sure I know, I was just messing really.Its probably not a popular model car and maybe not much in the way of toys with cloth seats, but if you were on a small budget it certainly would be worth a look at least.It could well be clocked too or some biggish fault looming.
    I doubt its clocked from looking at the steering wheel wear but indeed it could potentially be a bargain for someone on a budget.
    I might be doing some rough work for the summer and I'm considering something for a few hundred quid to save me wrecking my good car and that would be perfect as I could selll it on with tax and nct at the end of the summer and it would cost me nothing really

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement