Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

shblob wrote: »
    nice pimping of your own ad!

somewhat... its not my car ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

seems a good price for a little runaround, how much is a lambada sensor for it?

i even have a lambda here for it. its just so rusted to the ****ing manifold i cant get it off for love nor money.

its the girlfriends runaround, recession depression, we're going to share a car now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

another little beauty ( well maybe)

no mention of NCt or tax or miles...

but alot of car for little money

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1972677

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

robtri wrote: »
    another little beauty ( well maybe)

no mention of NCt or tax or miles...

but alot of car for little money

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1972677

I bet it has no NCT however the seller will guarantee if you buy it from them it will pass first time....

I reckon if it has no NCT it will need welding to pass, I've seen a few crusty ones at that age most notably a formerly nice V12 in Nenagh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1960071
    Such a car for this money with over a year's NCT left and He will take offers too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

andyseadog wrote: »
    i even have a lambda here for it. its just so rusted to the ****ing manifold i cant get it off for love nor money.

its the girlfriends runaround, recession depression, we're going to share a car now :rolleyes:

have you tried the magic saucewd40.jpg

Such a car for this money with over a year's NCT left and He will take offers too!

very cheap car but have you seen the clever photo shots , that body look ....well uuugghhh:)

almanu wrote: »
    have you tried the magic saucewd40.jpg

not only have i tried it, i've tried it while cursing at it too.

its literally as if the two have become one through a dense layer of rust, that when i clean it back, doesn't leave a nice face for a socket to grip to.

im sure it could be chopped off and extracted, but i don't have the facilities for that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

its literally as if the two have become one through a dense layer of rust, that when i clean it back, doesn't leave a nice face for a socket to grip to.

im sure it could be chopped off and extracted, but i don't have the facilities for that :pac:

Clamp a vice grip onto it and keep tapping it with a hammer, it'll eventually loosen up. I had a job of loosing my coilovers which were more of less siezed and a bit of brute force loosen them up!

• Advertisement

try what Limerick man has suggested and also have you tried heating it up in stages , be interested to find out how you get on.

tell you what lads, i'l open a thread on the matter and have another go at it tomorrow :)

curious to see how this plays out too myself now, thanks for the heads up :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I never realised it before but the interiors of them are actually identical to the Rover 600.

tell you what lads, i'l open a thread on the matter and have another go at it tomorrow :)

curious to see how this plays out too myself now, thanks for the heads up :cool:

If you're near Limerick I'll lend a hand, but I can't take any repsonsibility for when my hand slips and I shout alot :L

If you're near Limerick I'll lend a hand, but I can't take any repsonsibility for when my hand slips and I shout alot :L

Just charge extra for every gram of skin

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Just charge extra for every gram of skin

Lol, I don't charge!

Offer very much appreciated indeed, but i'm all the way up here in Wickla.

i have it dwelling in even more WD40 as we speak, and im working neutrogena into my knuckles so they are nick and supple and mightn't skin as easy tomorrow :P

i'l take a few photos while i'm tinkering with it tomorrow. if its successful, i'l post a 'how-to' thread, if its unsuccessful i'l post a ranting and raving thread.

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I never realised it before but the interiors of them are actually identical to the Rover 600.

Full?id=5565464

Interior.jpg

not far off to be honest :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Ah yes the old accord.I used to have two of those, one was the earlier type with the different headlights, and the other like the one in the pic, only blue with the 2.2 vtec engine whos interior went on fire.

VolvoMan wrote: »

They are the same interior cause rover designed these in conjunction with Honda.Only the turbo petrol and turbo diesel engines were rovers own.I even sold a honda front wishbone to a guy earlier this year that needed it for his rover 600s Nct.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1931759

1995 3 door hatch civic, black, 1.5, photos look unabused, 61,000 miles, only 550 euro.

i was immediately scrambling for my phone, wallet and car keys...

the advert goes on, drivers rear window 'gone', door locks need replacing and it has no log book.

who buys a forking car with no windows, locks or log book? but thats ok, he'l swap it for a clean black or white eg.

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1931759

1995 3 door hatch civic, black, 1.5, photos look unabused, 61,000 miles, only 550 euro.

i was immediately scrambling for my phone, wallet and car keys...

the advert goes on, drivers rear window 'gone', door locks need replacing and it has no log book.

who buys a forking car with no windows, locks or log book? but thats ok, he'l swap it for a clean black or white eg.

IMHO stolen.....or an over priced field car

oh i'd say its absolutely stolen :) a wee bit foolish to re-advertise it so openly, with the plates still on, but i suppose if he/ she was to steal my car i'd hope they were foolish and were caught too.

oh i'd say its absolutely stolen :) a wee bit foolish to re-advertise it so openly, with the plates still on, but i suppose if he/ she was to steal my car i'd hope they were foolish and were caught too.
    I wonder would any of the Gardaí on the site be able to run the plate to see if it is stolen and maybe meet the seller....

I wonder would any of the Gardaí on the site be able to run the plate to see if it is stolen and maybe meet the seller....

i'd be curious, because its a ridiculously suspicious set of circumstances to be selling a car under, its also nicely tucked up indoors in the photos.

the reg plate looks nicely weathered so it hasn't been swapped, motorcheck confirms it matches the car too.

edit : he's also selling this one with what i asume is an undeclared engine swap http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1956207

hiding your name to protect your identity seems a little in vain if your thick enough to 'like' the car on facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

hopefully they can run it, but we will never find out as i assume they couldnt post the results if it dodge

The AGS don't work like that :)

robtri wrote: »
    hopefully they can run it, but we will never find out as i assume they couldnt post the results if it dodge
    I don't want to find out but would be happy if it got picked up
    The AGS don't work like that

I don't know, if it is an advertised stolen car surely they should investigate

I don't want to find out but would be happy if it got picked up

I don't know, if it is an advertised stolen car surely they should investigate

his second advert says he's only 17.

im certainly not up on my legal mumbo jumbo, but does that make him still a 'child' so he cant be prosecuted etc?

im certainly not up on my legal mumbo jumbo, but does that make him still a 'child' so he cant be prosecuted etc?
    I'll get my baseball bat and call to arrange a viewing so :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

What would we all do without the good old" Donedeal":)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement