Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Typical Essex image that most fast Fords have. I have to hand it to VW as well, the Mk5 Golf GTI is a much nicer finished car.

Than what? The Focus ST? Didn't think the engine mentioned here was in the Focus, thought the Mondeo ST220 had it?

Anyway back to these yokes, that T5, needing work for the NCT, you'd think they'd detail what they reckon is needed :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

RoverJames wrote: »
    Than what? The Focus ST? Didn't think the engine mentioned here was in the Focus, thought the Mondeo ST220 had it?

The outgoing Focus ST had the 220bhp 5 cylinder.

The engine that was in the Mk2 Focus RS was actually not dissimilar to the one you would find in a S60/V70R.

Oh yeah :o Sure the Mondeo ST220 was a 3 litre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

VolvoMan wrote: »
    This truly is a lovely thing: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2013909

It says it needs a bit of work for the NCT, but I wonder what it is?
    Well if, as the seller claims, the engine, gearbox & turbo are fine - what else is really left? Suspension needing an overhaul? Clutch gone maybe? Can't think of much else that might be expensive

Cat, cv joints, ABS light on as well as suspension, endless opportunities for wallet emptying :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,632 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kermitpwee wrote: »

If it were an auto and had the 2 additional seats, I'd be very tempted to buy it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Tax and NCT but sadly no pictures

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2017476

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Al 25

hey guys

need some help lookin to buy a corolla a choice of two they are both1.3 1999 and 70 miles and 4 doors and goin for 1500 euro , the only difference is one vvti and the other is standard , which would you guys recommend and could you guys tell me the differ between the two models? thanks

The non VVTi engine would have less of a chance of guzzling oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2018646

The doors don't look too bad. Looks like someone kicked them. Can't see the damage on the bonnet. OK for 500 yoyos.

T.

• Advertisement

TigerTim wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2018646

The doors don't look too bad. Looks like someone kicked them. Can't see the damage on the bonnet. OK for 500 yoyos.

T.

Proper gansta car with doors kicked in :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Started reading this thread many moons ago. Went from Lurker to Apostle.
    I posted the donedeal pics of the Merc when I bought it back in October. Today, the opportunity of a bit of sun and a good wash presented itself, so I took a pic or two on the iphone (quality isn't great)
    It was bought for well within Bangernomics money and hasn't missed a beat in nearly seven thousand miles, crazy temperature drops included, I still get to and from work every day.
    If you're thinking about putting your toe in the bangernomics water, I say go for it.
    I'm still keeping my eye out for the next one, but I I'm happy wafting about in this in the meantime

With a big smile on my face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Started reading this thread many moons ago. Went from Lurker to Apostle.
    I posted the donedeal pics of the Merc when I bought it back in October. Today, the opportunity of a bit of sun and a good wash presented itself, so I took a pic or two on the iphone (quality isn't great)
    It was bought for well within Bangernomics money and hasn't missed a beat in nearly seven thousand miles, crazy temperature drops included, I still get to and from work every day.
    If you're thinking about putting your toe in the bangernomics water, I say go for it.
    I'm still keeping my eye out for the next one, but I I'm happy wafting about in this in the meantime

With a big smile on my face.

fair play:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The doors can stayed kicked in for €500 quid.
    I'd even give it a go with one of the yokes Edd from Wheeler Dealers uses on dents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Well done I wouldnt blame you for smiling!! I was thinking about this Merc when I get some cash together but its for sale a long time. Price has gone up from 1200 euro since last week:eek: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1673344

Your Merc is a minter btw..:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Well done I wouldnt blame you for smiling!! I was thinking about this Merc when I get some cash together but its for sale a long time. Price has gone up from 1200 euro since last week:eek: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1673344

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........v12................:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Thanks, Its not Mint, its very clean, but not quite mint. It stops and starts on a dime, though.
    I wouldn't think there's a queue for that 600. Personally, I couldnt afford to tax or fuel that beast, but I hate seeing quality like that go to waste.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........v12................:cool:

Not really Bangeromics when you factor the running costs..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

52871904.jpg

190 Benz

Some work carried out on it...

€699

I like that :cool:

I've emailed the seller to see if we cans shed some light on the work needed

• Advertisement

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I like that :cool:

I've emailed the seller to see if we cans shed some light on the work needed

Looks good... Was for sale IIRC about 6 months ago.. (same pics used)..

I would have it only I'm moving to NZ soon...:rolleyes:

Possibly has some rust issues....

homer90 wrote: »
    Looks good... Was for sale IIRC about 6 months ago.. (same pics used)..

I would have it only I'm moving to NZ soon...:rolleyes:
    With the bright evenings I can go look without breaking my backside out of work

I always liked those 190E's. It was the first car I was allowed to drive by an understanding uncle in private car park

It would be a runner for me if the work isn't serious. I don't think they were a serious rust raiser were they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

johnos1984 wrote: »
    It would be a runner for me if the work isn't serious. I don't think they were a serious rust raiser were they?
    No, they are well built and no major rust should appear, but check the jacking points, wheel arches and the usual spots in these cars. Whatever is to be done to it, I doubt it will cost much if you buy the spares from the right source.
    Good Luck with it.

Seweryn wrote: »
    No, they are well built and no major rust should appear, but check the jacking points, wheel arches and the usual spots in these cars. Whatever is to be done to it, I doubt it will cost much if you buy the spares from the right source.
    Good Luck with it.
    Hopefully the seller will be better than the one from last week who stood me up :mad::mad:

The Passat will be more fun to drive than that 190. As a weekend car I don't see the point at all at all.

RoverJames wrote: »
    The Passat will be more fun to drive than that 190. As a weekend car I don't see the point at all at all.
    Fun is a relative term I suppose :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ive said it before, but if that car is not a heap in the flesh, I will eat my hat.

mickdw wrote: »
    Ive said it before, but if that car is not a heap in the flesh, I will eat my hat.

I remember that Mick and you turned me off it. Its for sale a long time now and the price is gone up. I rang him and he seemed like a ashole tbh. I love the 600 though..

Its for sale a long time now and the price is gone up. I rang him and he seemed like a ashole tbh. I love the 600 though..

My car wont sell, ok, il bump the price up and see how it goes :rolleyes:

Lights are on, but nobody home..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement