Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

E39MSport wrote: »
    hmm, 600

............I'm looking for a second sh1tter for the OH - wonder if this would be more trouble than its worth...

For the price considering it's NCTd for 12 months I'd be tempted to play russian roullette with the belt. If it's overdue one though it's not a fair fight :pac:
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/156/156/alfa-romeo-156-1-8ts-full-leather-nct-04-13/522672

new nct and plenty of work done.

looking at his comments if 900 isnt far off the minimum im guessing a grand wouldnt be either

Must be a better option though for an extra €500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,633 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

E39MSport wrote: »
    hmm, 600

And a full years NCT! If it lasts until the next NCT without major hassle (and odds are it will be fine), you've got a winner. And some nice banger to be in too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

i know this is a little expensive for bangernomics, but at least you can be sure it was a well looked after car :P

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2029335

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

squod wrote: »
    Aren't they mad unreliable?
    The probe is mainly a Mazda 626/Mx-6 so the Mazda bits should be pretty reliable I suppose.

EDIT - @andyseadog - ya, despite that crap ad, I've seen plenty of 1.8/2.0 petrol Mazda 6's now for small money. Some serious economical motoring as long as you're not doing massive miles.
    The benefits of the new diesel craze ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

andyseadog wrote: »
    i know this is a little expensive for bangernomics, but at least you can be sure it was a well looked after car :P

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2029335
    Sorry, but i don't agree.
    OK its an 03, but with over 140,000 miles on it, for €3300, I don't think its bangernomics.
    If it was so well looked after, why didn't they clean out the car for the pic? There is a coffee cup and a bottle of water in the center console. They didn't bother hoovering out driver the footwell and there are no external pics of the car, which to me, would indicate that if anything, the car was not well looked after at all.
    Just my 2c. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

cadaliac wrote: »
    OK its an 03, but with over 140,000 miles on it, for €3300, I don't think its bangernomics.
    If it was so well looked after, why didn't they clean out the car for the pic? There is a coffee cup and a bottle of water in the center console. They didn't bother hoovering out driver the footwell and there are no external pics of the car, which to me, would indicate that if anything, the car was not well looked after at all.
    Just my 2c. :)

Maybe he was joking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

mickdw wrote: »
    Maybe he was joking

indeed i was. i just fancied posting it somewhere, because its an advert with one of the least amounts of effort i've ever seen. it wasn't really thread worthy on its own :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ford probe is sold!

cadaliac wrote: »

I think it was simply a joke about the lack of detail and pics and the well looked after comment :)

Oops, others have said much the same, bastad work distracting me from boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

RoverJames wrote: »
    I think it was simply a joke about the lack of detail and pics and the well looked after comment :)

Oops, others have said much the same, bastad work distracting me from boards.
    Snap - this checking Boards every now and again while @ work will have to stop! The sarcasm antenna was asleep earlier !! :D
    Sorry Andy, won't let it happen again. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Long nct, cheap at the price.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2031190

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

anadar!?!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

RoverJames wrote: »
    For the price considering it's NCTd for 12 months I'd be tempted to play russian roullette with the belt. If it's overdue one though it's not a fair fight :pac:

According to the Tipp-Ex on the engine the belt was done at 108k in 2009, so it should be good.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    anadar!?!:eek:
    car!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2031952
    Make / ModelYearBmw 728i 728i 2000 TransmissionFuel TypeEngine SizeAutomatic Petrol 2.8 BodyMileage4 Door Saloon 181,000 Miles
    bmw 728i, every possible extra. ex-taxi.. comes with tv/sat nav and phone from factory.,plus spare bmw phone, elec leather seats,sunroof.. 3 original bmw keys.. dont be put off by high miles as there is tones of proper service history.. taxi nct+tax..everything works perfect.. the first person wit 1000euro takes it,,mature owner so never messed wit...must go as new car arrived so grab a bargain..
    Price: €1,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

I Was VB wrote: »

Now that looks mint and a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Wow!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

I Was VB wrote: »

Looks minty fresh and a bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's the Pinin fanino model too, ultra rare. :)

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2031449

some interesting stuff about. more of a weekender on classic insurance maybe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Yakult wrote: »
    someone buy it!!

I'm fair tempted... I wonder could I drive it third party until the Tax runs out :L

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markens2

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/166/*SPRING-/201107201316119/advert?channel=CARS

I went to view this yesterday.

Very sexy car.

Only problem is the paint peeling on each corner of the bumper.
    It would annoy the hell out of me.
    Any idea on how much it would cost to fix it?

Also the mileage at 31k doesn't seem right.
    Would it be worthwhile doing the timing belt if I'm unsure about it?

Interior is very nice and it drive really well.

I think I'm about to dip my toe into the bangernomics pool for the first time.

Talk to PaintDoctor on here, he'd be the man for those corners!

And it's very, very worthwhile doing the timing belt if unsure!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Worst April fools ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Onkle wrote: »
    Worst April fools ever!

How many WTF PM's you get complaining?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cannonballer

markens2 wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/166/*SPRING-/201107201316119/advert?channel=CARS

Very sexy car.

I would do the timing belt just to be safe.

As for the bumpers as another poster said its easily fixed. I love big Alfas and have had a bunch over the years, the 166 is a really sexy car. That one seems to have a nice spec.

Good luck with it if you decide to buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

The Bimmer is gone. That was savage value..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Henree

markens2 wrote: »

Very sexy car.

Only way is to get the bumper painted, €100 is enough to give anyone for that. This car is alot of flash for little cash, but its not a car to be relying on for everyday driving....will hurt you on maintenance...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement