Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Tigger wrote: »
    er no

new rule isn't in till june

er yes, look at the n.c.t, it was done last week, the car was first registered in June 97, as the date is up to the 16th of June. They obviously backdated it the three months to gain the extra 3 months on to the year.

That makes my 99 xsara with 2 years n.c.t a hot buy in a few months time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I did my NCT on a ten year old car on Tuesday, I got two full years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i forgot that it could be done 3 months early, now im confused!

is it cars over 10 years old?

when was your car first registered? If it was before June that would be right, but it looks like any car who's n.c.t is up beyond June will be getting the 1 year like the Mazda in the discussed post.....i'd say :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

padma wrote: »
    er yes, look at the n.c.t, it was done last week, the car was first registered in June 97, as the date is up to the 16th of June. They obviously backdated it the three months to gain the extra 3 months on to the year.

That makes my 99 xsara with 2 years n.c.t a hot buy in a few months time :D

er no

• Advertisement

er no

explain yourself sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

explain yourself sir
    Its still a Xsara :pac:

But a fine xsara with two years nct and great mpg. My feeling is that those of us who live in the 10 year old car market will glaze over cars registered in June with the new 1 year n.c.t and will be looking for cars with a longer than a year n.c.t. Truthfully though it is going to put a knife in to the 10 years old or more second hand car market. Every year the bills for passing her through the nct are going to mount which i'd say in turn is going to make people budget in to the 8 year old market.

explain yourself sir

the 10 year old rule comes in on june the first

that is the future

therfore it isn't in yet
    any 97 was first due an nct in 2002 and every 2 years after that
    so its due on 16th of june 2010
    doing it at any time after that still gives you the 16th of june 2012 ie 2 years from date due

http://ncts.ie/faq.html#3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Every year the bills for passing her through the nct are going to mount which i'd say in turn is going to make people budget in to the 8 year old market.

not really, people will simply adjust. Shure the MOT is yearly in the Uk.

• Advertisement

the 10 year old rule comes in on june the first

that is the future

therfore it isn't in yet
    any 97 was first due an nct in 2002 and every 2 years after that
    so its due on 16th of june 2010
    doing it at any time after that still gives you the 16th of june 2012 ie 2 years from date due

http://ncts.ie/faq.html#3

Not to bring the thread off topic tigger, 1997 + 4 = 2001, on the link you posted it is the blank spot not the x that the nct is due.

The ten year old rule does come in on the first of June so if your car was registered in June and beyond it would make it liable to the new rule. As you can see in that mazda it was first registered in 16th of June 1997, making it liable to the new 1 year rule. Get it?

I made a mistake, you are correct, looks like a 97 car and a 98 car both get tested in the same year, I revoke my previous comments about the said mazda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭alias no.9

ottostreet wrote: »
    Isn't the due date wrong?

4 years old from 1997....2001

so NCT due:

why the middle of 2012? or am i doing this wrong?

Could be an import, I thought it should be the anniversary of first registration of the car anywhere, but my last car came from the UK and went with date of first registration in Ireland.
    The new rules are in however, any car 10 years old and older that's due an NCT after June 1st will only get a 1 year cert. You can get the car tested up to 3 months in advance, so if the NCT is due in June, it'll only get a cert until June 2012, even if you test it now.

Not to bring the thread off topic tigger, 1997 + 4 = 2001, on the link you posted it is the blank spot not the x that the nct is due.

The ten year old rule does come in on the first of June so if your car was registered in June and beyond it would make it liable to the new rule. As you can see in that mazda it was first registered in 16th of June 1997, making it liable to the new 1 year rule. Get it?

I made a mistake, you are correct, looks like a 97 car and a 98 car both get tested in the same year, I revoke my previous comments about the said mazda

its ok i just want the right info there for people i think its a common misconception

i find forums very helpful and i like them to be correct

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Could be an import, I thought it should be the anniversary of first registration of the car anywhere, but my last car came from the UK and went with date of first registration in Ireland.
    The new rules are in however, any car 10 years old and older that's due an NCT after June 1st will only get a 1 year cert. You can get the car tested up to 3 months in advance, so if the NCT is due in June, it'll only get a cert until June 2012, even if you test it now.

no they are not

test it now and get 2 years
    test it after june get 1 year

its in the link

3. What cars must be tested and how often?

All cars four years and older must undergo an NCT. Test Certificates will be valid for up to 2 years (from the date the test is due to the registration anniversary date two years later).

Commercial vehicles will continue to be D.o.E. tested.

The following chart will help you determine what year your vehicle is due in for testing.

also
    Changes with effect from June 2011:
    Annual testing of vehicles over 10 years old

At present two thirds of cars aged 10 years and older presented for a test do not pass first time. These older vehicles are more likely to be involved in a collision. Almost half (47%) of collisions that occurred in 2007 involved vehicles that were 9 years old or more. From 1 June 2011 annual testing of cars over 10 years old will commence. Cars over 10 years old will be issued an annual certificate after this date.

after this date

test early get 27 months
    test on time get 12

thats how it is

So will a 2001 car tested in 2011 after this rule comes in get a one or two year cert? ie is it 10 year olds or older than 10 year olds ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Seem to be two decent motors for the money.

Full?id=5832216

Full?id=5990890

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

RoverJames wrote: »
    So will a 2001 car tested in 2011 after this rule comes in get a one or two year cert? ie is it 10 year olds or older than 10 year olds ?

it'll be 10 on the due day of the test so it gets one

if you do it early AFTER 01-06-11 its still one year even though its 9 yrs an 9 months etc

a 99 saab 93 for 850 http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2003484

50 thousand miles no mention of nct though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

great headline description........."CAR" ............:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

The car didn't even cover a thousand miles, never mind 50 thousand ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

a 01 Honda accord new nct and a month and a halfs tax 1550 http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2063307

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

a 01 Honda accord new nct and a month and a halfs tax 1550 http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2063307
    pick these up all day long for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Maybe even with a few "flash" extras...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

This has to be bangernomics. 8 months NCT, lowish milage, clean looking machine €295

Full?id=6001240

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,633 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

With full service history, nearly new tyres and 27 months NCT for about €1,300 cash? Show us another one in as good a condition :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

No mention of FSH, only the Irish interpretation of service history - "Ya twas always serviced... paperwork? ha? no, but johnny johnjoe serviced it regular out"

h3000 wrote: »
    This has to be bangernomics. 8 months NCT, lowish milage, clean looking machine €295

I reckon there is something wrong with that, €600+ car all being well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭alias no.9

h3000 wrote: »

An underrated car because of their looks, excellent handling and reliability, though the 1.6 is a bit underpowered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Damokc

Would it qualify for classic insurance? i know it wont qualify for classic tax. isnt it over 20 for classic but over 30 for classic tax? backwards country again:rolleyes:
    Full?id=5998977
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2064482

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement