Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

argosy2006 wrote: »
    unsellable, if there was a lexus ls400 1998 with a nice tdi engine plus a kit to run on wvo fitted ,plus rated at 1.8 it would sell easy

would it f***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭TheAnswer

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    View2-4419025.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1664638

I kinda like the look of this

I've seen something similar around south west Dublin, they'd be a f**kin hoot on wet roundabouts:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

RoverJames wrote: »
    would it f***

cant be any worse than this guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnoWfWjzFK4

he's putting tractor engines into gas guzzeler's:P

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,136 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

For the Arthur Daleys, 800 sovs...

View2-3303844.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1378554

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

cant be any worse than this guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnoWfWjzFK4

he's putting tractor engines into gas guzzeler's:P

This guy does the opposite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Entering a world of pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

mike65 wrote: »
    Entering a world of pain!
    +1

I was going to say, bring the grease - for you and your wallet.
    "all electrics in working order"
    Yeah but for how long?

mickdw wrote: »

i think that last word in that video was ''killed''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,136 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

€800, pity it's not the auto but still a great motor for the money.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2076529

View2-6049929.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

€800, pity it's not the auto but still a great motor for the money.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2076529

View2-6049929.jpeg

Never buy a car of a Polish man, unless it's 06 or younger. I'm Polish myself and I know what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Sobanek wrote: »
    Never buy a car of a Polish man, unless it's 06 or younger. I'm Polish myself and I know what I'm talking about.

why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

<Ollie> wrote: »
    why?
    The mileage is usually tampered with, the overall condition of the car too. I did that mistake and bought a 2001 Golf in 2007. It broke down on the way home from the guy. First he said it must've been some faulty wires even though the car said "ENGINE WORKSHOP". It turned out to be a faulty alternator. I've paid 300 beforehand to get the wires "fixed" twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge foglights on that Maxima, looks like down lights stroked from a kitchen in Tyrellstown!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

The mileage is usually tampered with, the overall condition of the car too. I did that mistake and bought a 2001 Golf in 2007. It broke down on the way home from the guy. First he said it must've been some faulty wires even though the car said "ENGINE WORKSHOP". It turned out to be a faulty alternator. I've paid 300 beforehand to get the wires "fixed" twice.

you'd get a faulty alternator on any car.
    And it's a case of going to view any car from any seller regardless of what nationally they are, with one's eyes wide open.

I bought my Prelude off a Polish lad and it was 16 years old at the time :)
    Polish folk are no different to Irish or any other folk, most are fine, many are dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Polish folk are no different to Irish or any other folk, most are fine, many are dodgy.

Have to agree with ya there, i sold alot of cars to the polish and they're just the same as us when it comes to car buying and selling.

However there can sometimes be a a language barrier, which would put me off buying a car from anyone with not great english.

In saying that i picked up a Asian fella one nite, he had the thickest Dublin accent i've ever heard. Was gas....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,398 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I Was VB wrote: »
    In saying that i picked up a Asian fella one nite, he had the thickest Dublin accent i've ever heard. Was gas....
    Jayo wrote: »
    Got a taxi one nite, had the thickest driver ever - he thought I was a blow-in. Was gas....
    :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Never buy a car of a Polish man, unless it's 06 or younger.
    That is some b-sh!t. I would have no problem with buying from a Polish lad, same way as from an Irish guy.
    That might have happened to any car, no matter who you buy it from. You were buying a second hand car, so it was up to you to check it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I sold a car to a Polish couple and they were faultless to deal with. Unlike most Irish people, they didn't mess me around or try to haggle ridiculously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I sold a car to a Polish couple and they were faultless to deal with. Unlike most Irish people, they didn't mess me around or try to haggle ridiculously.

i posted this before, but i'l say it again.

the polish folk in general are 100% to deal with.

i sold my k12 micra to a polish couple last year. they came and viewed it and had their mechanic give it the once over, didn't ask for a cent off the price then counted out a few hundred quids deposit, fecked off for two weeks came back and paid the rest in cash and kept me informed through the whole process.

zero messing around, was very happy with the deal.

i also find in general polish men seem to take much better care/ pride in their cars, obviously there will always be exceptions but by and large they appreciate the benefits of coolant changes/ brake fluid changes/ matching brand tyres/ good oils etc, most of which the average irish motorist doesn't give a toss about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

andyseadog wrote: »
    i also find in general Polish men seem to take much better care/ pride in their cars, obviously there will always be exceptions but by and large they appreciate the benefits of coolant changes/ brake fluid changes/ matching brand tyres/ good oils etc, most of which the average Irish motorist doesn't give a toss about
    That is true. And some of them maintain their own cars themselves with proper care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

i posted this before, but i'l say it again.

the polish folk in general are 100% to deal with.

i sold my k12 micra to a polish couple last year. they came and viewed it and had their mechanic give it the once over, didn't ask for a cent off the price then counted out a few hundred quids deposit, fecked off for two weeks came back and paid the rest in cash and kept me informed through the whole process.

zero messing around, was very happy with the deal.

i also find in general polish men seem to take much better care/ pride in their cars, obviously there will always be exceptions but by and large they appreciate the benefits of coolant changes/ brake fluid changes/ matching brand tyres/ good oils etc, most of which the average irish motorist doesn't give a toss about

+1.

Avoid romanians though - I still shudder at the first (and last) time I dealt with one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

didn't ask for a cent off the price

No wonder you're so pleased with the deal :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I'd give a +1 to polish men looking after their cars, though will say a friend of mine "polish" who looks after his cars without fault, automatically clocks them when going to sell. It's what he does, and all his mates do as well "cos you get more for it when going to sell". So there is an element of truth in what that poster had to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Seriously off topic lads. Can we drop it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Full?id=5688496

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1990094

Tempting, but for the fact its a manual.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1695832

it looks good from side, back,
    but it needs to lose that huge front spoiler, ' it is a spoiler in fact'' :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1695832

it looks good from side, back,
    but it needs to lose that huge front spoiler, ' it is a spoiler in fact'' :P

Scangermobiles and dreamers thread is that way
    >

Seriously, what made you think that that car deserves to be in this thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement