Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,634 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There's nothing 'Felt about my Golf, go read the definition somewhere :P

In fairness to ya, there's no RS4 badge :p

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

unkel wrote: »
    In fairness to ya, there's no RS4 badge :p
    it fell off because he was going too fast in his TDI :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I think that Polo is justabanger rather than bangernomics. There's definitely better cars to be had handy enough for that money! Altho if it really is driving as well as they make out and it isn't guzzling oil it would be alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I'd be driving it several times through the muddiest puddle :D

• Advertisement

E39MSport wrote: »
    I'd be driving it several times through the muddiest puddle :D
    Haha, you're right - a few laps of the nearest quarry would do it no harm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Another one for the brave. Full leather, Italian V6 , Italian electrics too though. Gotta be cheap ( future classic ) fun if you got it around 500 quid .

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2126810

View2-6261012.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Another one for the brave. Full leather, Italian V6 , Italian electrics too though. Gotta be cheap ( future classic ) fun if you got it around 500 quid .

View2-6261012.jpeg

Will be ringing up for this in the morning , hopefully view it in the AM , good spot , let you know how i get on.

Edit;- not available to view until Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

My favorite Bangernomics yet! I'd planned spending bigger money on a 03ish Passat but I couldn't be happier with this. Averaged 51 mpg over the weekend, and that was a mostly town driving!

Bought it with two months tax and 8 months test.

230605_10150575263140176_805400175_18578967_1852266_n.jpg

Poland called - they want their sense of style back. :pac: just kiddin ya boyo'... good luck with the car! :)

My favorite Bangernomics yet! I'd planned spending bigger money on a 03ish Passat but I couldn't be happier with this. Averaged 51 mpg over the weekend, and that was a mostly town driving!

Bought it with two months tax and 8 months test.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230605_10150575263140176_805400175_18578967_1852266_n.jpg
    Is that the Ladies View carpark heading up to Molls Gap from Killarney? Previous owner must have been going slower than a geriatric tourist nun with the suspension set that low!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

langdang wrote: »
    Is that the Ladies View carpark heading up to Molls Gap from Killarney? Previous owner must have been going slower than a geriatric tourist nun with the suspension set that low!

Looks like it alright.........

Think this was posted in the obnoxious parking thread too IIRC..........
    :D:D:D:D

Just Kidding...
    Well wear LM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Saab Ed wrote: »

View2-6261012.jpeg

I love that - a really beautiful car with a cracker of an engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

langdang wrote: »

I took those photos! And bar one big lump in the middle of the road that I had to swerve out onto the other side of the road, it was fine! Small bit of rubbing on the back but nothing major!

And after I posted it I knew I'd see it in Obnoxious parking :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AntonD

Can I put my own bangernomic car on here?

<snip - nope!>

Pictures will really help your sale! No pictures will eliminate any chances of a sale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AntonD

Limerick Man: I know, need to take some shots tonight.

Chris: Can I just say I saw it?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

AntonD wrote: »
    Limerick Man: I know, need to take some shots tonight.

Chris: Can I just say I saw it?? ;)

Nope. If you want to sell your car, use the sister site Adverts.ie. Signing up to sell your stuff or pimp your business should/will result in a ban.

Put it on Adverts, put a link in your signature, post lots (of useful posts) and then loads of people will see the link.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

i know this isn't a 7 Series or an S-Class or the likes, but new clutch and new tyres just fitted and a cd player for that little touch of luxury :P, just change the oil in this and it could potentially go on forever.

proper bangernomics budget motoring

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2130314

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

sugarman wrote: »
    Not very bangernomics, no NCT or Tax & it has 110k on the clock. Would'nt imagine that wee engine has too much left in it.

Plenty of better options out there for the €500 mark, with nct &/or tax!

160 a year for tax, i'd be feeling cocky that car would pass an NCT with little to no work and those engines has proven themselves well capable of 200k miles.

i reckon for motoring on a tight budget you wouldn't get much better than that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

andyseadog wrote: »
    i know this isn't a 7 Series or an S-Class or the likes, but new clutch and new tyres just fitted and a cd player for that little touch of luxury :P, just change the oil in this and it could potentially go on forever.

proper bangernomics budget motoring

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2130314

I BLIND my eyes :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Total sh!t box but its 800 quid , its got a test for a year 8 months and its 2004. Right so its a bit rough to say the least and it has a Rover badge on the front of it ( they should have just left the Tata badge to give it some cred ) but c'mon its a 7 year old car for next to nothing. Drive it for 3 years and sell it for ..... eh ...... 800 quid :p

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2131084

Full?id=6278753

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

/\ - sell it for scrap! LOL

MidlandsM wrote: »
    /\ - sell it for scrap! LOL

It's too young to replace it for another piece of sh1t under the scrappage scheme :D

Just thought I'd give ye my thousand mile bangernomics report.

I've replaced the airflow and I haven't serviced it, yet. I just put in 20 euros of fuel at 148.9 (In Dublin) and drove 153.9 miles with it! That's more than twice the mpg I was getting out of the petrol Golf, and that's including having 18" wheels on it and the most of a spare set of an interior in the boot. Have to say I'm loving it, and it has not missed one single beat, there's no smoke and it has not burned one single drop of oil in the thousand miles I've drove it.

Bangernomics FTW :)

Just thought I'd give ye my thousand mile bangernomics report.

How much did you pay for the Golf? :)

unkel wrote: »
    How much did you pay for the Golf? :)

With a dark blue bonnet, two months tax and eight months test it's standing me alot less than our bangernomics budget ;) (Minus my wheels, seats, steering wheel etc. of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

:eek: A grand?? I met him a few months back outside a chinese (fairly sure he had Mparrells on it them) but my god it was a lovely car... If I could pull a grand out of me arse at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭mondeo

That 5 is a nice looking car but from the description it has body work issues. Getting peeling lacquer sorted out along with rust, replacing the bushings on the front doesn't add up to a bargain really. No Nct either would put me off alot. You will probably spend more then a grand sorting it out like along with any other issues it may have. Not really a bargain imo.

• Advertisement

mondeo wrote: »
    That 5 is a nice looking car but from the description it has body work issues. Getting peeling lacquer sorted out along with rust, replacing the bushings on the front doesn't add up to a bargain really. No Nct either would put me off alot. You will probably spend more then a grand sorting it out like along with any other issues it may have. Not really a bargain imo.

My thoughts exactly. Lovely looking motor though and the 525 has decent poke too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement