Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭Esel

unkel wrote: »
    Does this qualify?

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633681220fd6c992a21d527d24524635455a.jpg

:D
    If it was auto, and didn't have the number of the beast in the reg, I'd have a gander! :D

GLWS

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,634 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Esel wrote: »
    the number of the beast

Well spotted :D

Problem is you've just cursed yourself. If you don't buy it, Beelzebub will haunt you down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Well spotted :D

Problem is you've just cursed yourself. If you don't buy it, Beelzebub will haunt you down!

Very nice motor unkel. It is pity that it's not an auto and no leather. Still, I'd say you'll have no problem selling it at that price.

Eoin wrote: »
    You should get some interior pics up though.

Took a few pics and put them in the ad today. I took down the pics from the previous owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Always had a soft spot for an Alfa 146:

http://www.adverts.ie/car/146/146/alfa-romeo-146-for-sale/604264

No NCT though, and tax up end May. But still, looks a minter

• Advertisement

Old pics made it look better, I reckon folks would be dissapointed when they came to view it if you hadn't changed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Not to nitpick, Unkel, but you may need to retake some of those pics.

With it parked tight up against the other car, my first thought was, "What's he hiding?"

Reverse her out onto the street, and take some of the front unobstructed, and job's a good'un.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Took a few pics and put them in the ad today. I took down the pics from the previous owner.
    Is that 75 in the background still for sale too!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

I know this is over in the UK but looks mint for €600 odd - if the rear calipers, timing belt had been done recently then maybe ? No mention of mileage and seller is a dealer having googled the number. Would be interested in any feedback - first time posting on this thread - I've a 16 year old 626 with 200,000 miles on it and was thinking of this as an upgrade - my budget is tight as you can probably tell.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/mazda-xedos-2o-v6-se-treg-99-last-edition-leather-seats-outstanding-condition/79344127

Cheers that puts it into perspective - heard great things about the xedos but the numbers go against that particular one

• Advertisement

looks very good lightening never had an auto before but has cruise control too so mpg should be ok. I do low miles so petrol suits me fine. My current 626 is doing at least 40 to the gallon driven nice and handy like.... are mazda auto's reliable? any major issues ?

My current 626 is incredibly reliable just wear items going now and engine a bit smokey on start up but goes away after a mile or two from cold. I'm attached to it and has gotten me out of a few sticky moments on the road..... anyway thats another story........ thanks again for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2162885

There is a Xedos that looks nice from the adverts.

"Very clean and good condition inside and outDrives excelellent.4door,new tyres and battery,new brake pods,new oil and all filters,leather sets,air conditioning,cruise control,sun roof,full electrics.nct.07-2011,tax.05-2011."
    Good find. 130k on the car that should be fine but it is an auto. The good high milers are usually manual.
    Also, @ 130k the belt will need to be done soon, if not all ready done.
    I just wonder if that one is the v6 2.0 or not. (more than likely is if it is the auto)

Its the V6 2.0 SE (top spec from what I can tell) having just checked the registration on mywheels - I could definitely live with the auto but hopefully the autobox on this one is ok. I'd be much more able to detect a dodgy clutch or gears on a manual but an auto is a bit of a dark art. Also trying to get a xedos autobox from a scrappie further on down the line might be tricky.

NCT almost out and new TB needed now so bit of spending to do there thats if TB hasne been done already - it looks mint tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Good luck with sale, but I don't think the new pics are great as someone else has said already! I'm really starting to miss my e39 looking at your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2168750

ten months test and around (not circa :rolleyes:) half the price and probably better spec'd and more reliable than any similar VAG offerings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I like that primera model. Sold a 1.8 petrol recently for 1900. Fine cars.

Thanks for the input folks, I'll try and take some other pictures with the car in full view.
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    Is that 75 in the background still for sale too!

It was for sale for ages but didn't get much interest. Then the NCT expired so I decided to get it to pass. It needed a few jobs done and a service. This set me back a lot more than I had bargained for but the car passed the NCT yesterday (until 2013) and it is actually very well sorted now. And on fat tyres on 15" wheels it handles the local rampai much better than the low profile 18" mpars with the Eibach suspension too :D

On top of that, the 520i can't be NCT'd until the last few days of this month (when I'm away) so it will only have a 1 year NCT (new rules per 01/06/2011 for cars over 10 years old)

That's why I decided to try selling the 520i and keep the 75. Our mileage is extremely low at the moment - the 520i passed the last NCT 5k miles and 13 months ago.

Eoin wrote: »
    I'm really starting to miss my e39 looking at your car.

I didn't realise you sold it! Twas a 525i, wasn't it? What do you drive now?

And agreed the E39 is a superb car. I will own one again, but it will hopefully be a V8 auto in basic trim with no spoilers / kits and I'll stick a 518i badge on it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I didn't realise you sold it! Twas a 525i, wasn't it? What do you drive now?

And agreed the E39 is a superb car. I will own one again, but it will hopefully be a V8 auto in basic trim with no spoilers / kits and I'll stick a 518i badge on it :D

I got an Alfa GT before Christmas, but not sure if I'm going to hang on to it for that long; I can see myself going back to an e39 as well; maybe a touring.

Anyhow - don't want to drag this anymore off topic! best of luck with the sale :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

padma wrote: »
    I like that primera model. Sold a 1.8 petrol recently for 1900. Fine cars.

Unless you want to turn it around :D

• Advertisement

E39MSport wrote: »
    Unless you want to turn it around :D

Just wanted a quick sale, first to see bought. :cool:

here's a 04 primera but with the 1.6 engine, bit underpowered for such a big car but for 2800 it goes to show the drop in value for the primera http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2169309

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

looks very good lightening never had an auto before but has cruise control too so mpg should be ok. I do low miles so petrol suits me fine. My current 626 is doing at least 40 to the gallon driven nice and handy like.... are mazda auto's reliable? any major issues ?

My current 626 is incredibly reliable just wear items going now and engine a bit smokey on start up but goes away after a mile or two from cold. I'm attached to it and has gotten me out of a few sticky moments on the road..... anyway thats another story........ thanks again for the help
    Had a 626* before as well, I hear the yanks had awful problems with autoboxes in them. Autobox for the Xedos probably different. If I saw a decent Xedos with leather and the 2.3 Miller Cycle engine I think I'd get it for oddity value...

*PM me if you need any spares, mines going for scrap soon, engine started burning a lot of oil and VERY VERY smokey, clutch going and needed 4 new tyres so was a financial write off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

Maybe this is going to far down the bangernomics scale.......but
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mercedes-Benz/190/NCT-10%231/201119202403579/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Haruki wrote: »
    Maybe this is going to far down the bangernomics scale.......but
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mercedes-Benz/190/NCT-10%231/201119202403579/advert?channel=CARS

thats the ideal bangernopmics...

a merc with tax and NCT.... for 395 ..... you cant go wrong on that...

Just rang there and got no answer. I'd go to Cork in the morning for that if it wasn't a hape of ****e. They would go on for ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Just rang there and got no answer. I'd go to Cork in the morning for that if it wasn't a hape of ****e. They would go on for ever!

ad says sold already.... no bloody wonder at that price ..

robtri wrote: »
    ad says sold already.... no bloody wonder at that price ..

Where? It says SOLD as SEEN ie. no warranty with it.

• Advertisement

robtri wrote: »
    thats the ideal bangernopmics...

a merc with tax and NCT.... for 395 ..... you cant go wrong on that...

Diesel too, 18 months test with 150k miles, seems very good.

Savage gaf Gary :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement