Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

It appears to be a dealer if you google the mobile number.

Do a google image search also!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Is he just avoiding mention of being a dealer to avoid hassle from donedeal or do ye folk think there might be something to hide?

Bought a 2002 520i BMW for €3.8k. 65k mls, fully leather.Automatic. Mechanic said it was a great car. Now that's value. Why pay €50k for a new one. Nuts.

Value it may be :)
    Bangernomics nope :pac:

Is he just avoiding mention of being a dealer to avoid hassle from donedeal or do ye folk think there might be something to hide?

I doubt he is trying to hide anything, there are a few car sales places up in GrangeCastle, unless on inspection of the car he claims to be working one of the many office units up there.

RoverJames wrote: »
    I doubt he is trying to hide anything, there are a few car sales places up in GrangeCastle, unless on inspection of the car he claims to be working one of the many office units up there.

Cool,

I might spin up for a gawk at it this evenin if it's still there,

Any specifics to look out for?
    I'm no stranger to buying a used/old car I actually change cars quite regularly, Im just apprehensive about beemers for some reason.. They're unchartered waters to me..

• Advertisement

Any specifics to look out for?

Dunno, it's priced very low, I paid €900 for a 1993 520i touring this time (ish, was April I think) last year. Never had a BMW before either, coolant and suspension are the more heard about probs on them. There is a viscous coupling for the fan that's is made of chocolate. Other folks can advise I'm sure. Personally if it drove ok and looked ok, idled ok from cold etc with no evidence of a slap etc I'd be tempted to buy it. One can go OTT with checking out sh1tters :pac:

RoverJames wrote: »
    One can go OTT with checking out sh1tters :pac:

My view too, but considering the asking price is 5 times what i paid for the current runaround, it's a big price tag to me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

2004 MG ZS 1.8 with a year NCT for a grand.

How bad

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2145547

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

unkel wrote: »
    +1

How wrong can you go? If it doesn't pass the NCT next year, just get another one :D

A friend of mine just sold a Bora he bought for 4400 3 years ago to the day for a 1000 euro. That's more than a grand a year that he's lost, or in bangernomics terms, three 97 520i's :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A friend of mine just sold a Bora he bought for 4400 3 years ago to the day for a 1000 euro. That's more than a grand a year that he's lost, or in bangernomics terms, three 97 520i's :P

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,634 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And we all know an E39 is infinitely better than a Golf :p

And we all know an E39 is infinitely better than a Golf :p

A Bora :P And oddly enough, the car didn't burn a drop nor miss a beat in the three years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Nforce wrote: »

Rough down the passenger side.

mickdw wrote: »
    Rough down the passenger side.

....... and unknown mileage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

could be worth a punt this one.... no mention of NCT or tax.. but stilll

i know they not the best car in the world, but always had a soft spot for these....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2180093

robtri wrote: »
    could be worth a punt this one.... no mention of NCT or tax.. but stilll

i know they not the best car in the world, but always had a soft spot for these....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2180093

I quite like them. But to pay max tax for one, and without any NCT? For similar money you'd have Marlow's 740. With 2 years NCT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I quite like them. But to pay max tax for one, and without any NCT? For similar money you'd have Marlow's 740. With 2 years NCT.

very true...... much as marlows one is the better buy.... and a better car....

if i had the cash i would probably come home with the merc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

robtri wrote: »
    very true...... much as marlows one is the better buy.... and a better car....

if i had the cash i would probably come home with the merc

Matter of taste really. There's always been a different appeal on Merc vs. BMW and very rarely people that like both the same. One thing is the head, the other is the heart.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Also you're comparing a coupe (3 series equivalent?) and a large exec saloon; so brand preference aside, they're going to appeal differently to people. Ive not driven the clk, but I fell in love with the 740 when I brought one for a test drive.

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    I fell in love with the 740 when I bought one for a test drive.

You bought one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

brought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sorry - brought, not bought - typing on mobile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

E39 Touring... Looks like a nice jammer... With leather and cruise etc...

Full-6358884.jpeg

€1,600

I think that was posted before, if it was a 525 I'd be up on it like Ryan Giggs on Imogen Thomas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Not too much info given, but a '00 BMW520 with NCT for €900, with less than 100k on the clock too

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2196764

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Forest Fire

Col200sx wrote: »
    Not too much info given, but a '00 BMW520 with NCT for €900, with less than 100k on the clock too

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2196764

Looks good....just get it checked out good 'n proper. Gear box could be faulty and thats big bux. Long test drive needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Looks good....just get it checked out good 'n proper. Gear box could be faulty and thats big bux. Long test drive needed.
    +1 with the long test drive . also what in the world do people be thinking putting wheels like that on a 520 is beyond me:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Forest Fire

almanu wrote: »
    +1 with the long test drive . also what in the world do people be thinking putting wheels like that on a 520 is beyond me:o

and the attempt of a spoiler...not quite 911 turbo:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2190412

Full?id=6520685

No mention of tax or NCT. But if it has a few months of each i'd be tempted for that money.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement