Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

TigerTim wrote: »
    Here's a nice Beemer for handy money. Plenty on info on the ad & almost 2 years NCT

Full?id=6634666

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2217941

T.

More here
    http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?p=321493

If I didn't have the Lexus I'd be on the road right now to pick that up. edit: even twith the Lexus I'm still very tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

mickdw wrote: »
    Looks v good. Makes alot more sense than a typical €1200 E39 anyway. If its as tidy as it looks, it would be a keeper. Are photos recent though? Petrol prices displayed in one photo look abit on the cheap side.

Good spot. Think the pic of the petrol place may be road trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

mickdw wrote: »
    Are photos recent though?
    RoverJames wrote: »
    The pics are at least two year old two I reckon.

The petrol station picture could be from last year. Matter of fact, if you read the description on bmw-driver, you'd know, the guy is in the UK, while the car is in Dublin.

For a that well maintained car, it wouldn't matter how old the pictures are though.

Personally, I'd say the car should actually have been advertised at min 1500-1700 EUR, so I reckon it's priced to sell quickly. The alloys alone are worth that money, if mint.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,566 ✭✭✭✭vectra

The pics are at least two year old two I reckon.

True,
    Diesel 119.9
    It has been a while since we saw that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

E39MSport wrote: »
    More here
    http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?p=321493

If I didn't have the Lexus I'd be on the road right now to pick that up. edit: even twith the Lexus I'm still very tempted.

Excuses, excuses;)

• Advertisement

Marlow wrote: »
    The alloys alone are worth that money, if mint.

/M

15" BBS alloys with BMW fitment are worth a grand if mint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What a fantastic E34. Don't see many like that lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Are they not the metric wheels that you can't get tyres for without parting with lots of cash?

(EDIT: Just looked at the ad on BMW Driver, obviously not)

Nice car, definately a cracker for the buyer. Most "bangernomics" here are sheds that will rob a buyer, but this looks like a really well maintained car that will be pleasure to own.

I just hope who buys it will look after it and not adopt the bangernomics philospohy of running it into the ground and leaving it in a gap in a ditch in 12 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

maidhc wrote: »
    Are they not the metric wheels that you can't get tyres for without parting with lots of cash?

(EDIT: Just looked at the ad on BMW Driver, obviously not)

Nice car, definately a cracker for the buyer. Most "bangernomics" here are sheds that will rob a buyer, but this looks like a really well maintained car that will be pleasure to own.

I just hope who buys it will look after it and not adopt the bangernomics philospohy of running it into the ground and leaving it in a gap in a ditch in 12 months time.

speaking of tyres , just picked up 5 new tyres for a 06 focus for 300 euro's freaking we'll chuffed. off topic i know but just had to share that:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Any deep dish multispoke BBS are sought after.

While 15" might not be a grand, 17" of those are between 1000-1500 eur second hand for refurbished ones. 15" and 16" would not be far behind.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Asking price of nearly 3 grand, bangernomics :eek:

give it another few days and itll be closer to a nice 1500 bangernomics price. bargain him down the rest of the way and your golden!! :)

Marlow wrote: »
    Any deep dish multispoke BBS are sought after.

While 15" might not be a grand, 17" of those are between 1000-1500 eur second hand for refurbished ones. 15" and 16" would not be far behind.

/M

I know the VAG lads go looney over BBSs but I never reckoned 15" E34 BBS wheels were worth much. Asking prices on ebay are not high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

vectra wrote: »
    True,
    Diesel 119.9
    It has been a while since we saw that
    Take a spin through Newmarket and you'll pass a petrol station sign with Petrol & diesel both around the 80p/l mark :D Station's been closed for years though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2219035 350 squid, small bit of n.c.t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,566 ✭✭✭✭vectra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Even with €720 VRT this is a very nice example of E34 525 Touring
    13050590436f6afe4b68.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Guys, link the ad, not a pic, please.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Esel wrote: »
    Guys, link the ad, not a pic, please.

Click on the pic and it will take you to the add ;)

but43r wrote: »
    Click on the pic and it will take you to the add ;)
    I use Firefox, and that does not work for me. Same with doneDeal pics. It's just as easy to link the ad, tbh.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I use Firefox, and that does not work for me. Same with doneDeal pics. It's just as easy to link the ad, tbh.

Dinosaur. Get with the times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

I use firefox. Works for me.

Confab wrote: »
    I am not a regular frequenter of this, thank you very much. It's bad enough that Google know all about my searches - I'm not giving them all my browsing history as well!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,634 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I use Firefox, and that does not work for me.

I don't see why it wouldn't work with FireFox. Works fine with Chrome, IE and Opera too. Something wrong with your 'puter methinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

If my 1994 Mazda 626 GLX 1.8i with 196K miles hadnt passed its NCT for another 2 years thank god, I'd be buying this to replace it - cant go wrong methinks

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2226081

If my 1994 Mazda 626 GLX 1.8i with 196K miles hadnt passed its NCT for another 2 years thank god, I'd be buying this to replace it - cant go wrong methinks

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2226081
    i HATE people that price there car on a NCT cert . that car is worth 3-400 euro tops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

almanu wrote: »
    i HATE people that price there car on a NCT cert . that car is worth 3-400 euro tops.

with a fresh NCT its not, its worth what the market will yeld for it, and it'll see more than 3 or 400 hundred.;)

have to agree midlandsm, it'll get more the 3-400. Long NCT on car of that age vital to getting any sale. Theyre bulletproof usually, perfect for toodling around in and looks is great order - looks like someone bothered to change the TB too

MidlandsM wrote: »
    with a fresh NCT its not, its worth what the market will yeld for it, and it'll see more than 3 or 400 hundred.;)

have you taken into consideration the milage on this midlands , nearly 200k , i would not pay more than 400 euro for this , 900 is taking the p*ss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

almanu wrote: »
    have you taken into consideration the milage on this midlands , nearly 200k , i would not pay more than 400 euro for this , 900 is taking the p*ss

It'll do another 180k without being serviced :L

• Advertisement

Limerickman after my auld mazda 626 passed the NCT 2 weeks ago with 196K on her i was thinking the same thing :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement