Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

Its a fine looking machine alright. A few things to be careful of if you're serious in buying one.
    Its a fancied up 626 - the 24 valve engine needs to be running perfect and with plenty of SH with car even for that money without NCT.
    Rear calipers are a known problem - make absolutley sure the rear discs are ok, pads work and that handbrake has good hold - try it on a hill handbrake only not in gear when stopped fully. If handbrake not working or dodgy walk away - the calipers from srappies are impossible to get so ebay is your only alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

cantdecide wrote: »
    This made an appearance?
    Full?id=6409200

I love these. There's something very classic Jaguar about the styling.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

That particular one looks in good nick alright - also the auto box hopefully isnt shot in it either - thats another thing to check on in detail - long test drive there the only way. Spare auto box from scrappie probably very hard to come by for that car as they didnt sell well here or in the UK for that matter.

Its very different looking alright and thats the best colour imo - paintwork was applied by 3 layer high temp oven process only crazy mazda did back in the day before Henry Ford got his hands on em - probably hardly any chipped marks on the front i'd say - i'm not the owner btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I know of a 00 Rover 75, 2.0 V6 with 97,000 miles, nct 04/12, turquoise blue with a blue cloth interior. Two keys, everything works... €1,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I know of a 00 Rover 75, 2.0 V6 with 97,000 miles, nct 04/12, turquoise blue with a blue cloth interior. Two keys, everything works... €1,000
    That sounds like serious value - the engine isn't the one with the HG problem either, or do they suffer as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

cadaliac wrote: »
    That sounds like serious value - the engine isn't the one with the HG problem either, or do they suffer as well?
    Not as much as the 1.8l

I think the 2l is actually fairly ok apart from its fuel usage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Micra is overpriced and hardly "great". Could at least take the stickers off it and spend a few quid on some hubcaps.

The 2.0 is a KV6, doesn't suffer from HG failure at all in comparison to the rates of the K4s. If you are interested in it check for a rattly inlet manifold, corroded back box and the belts are 90K / 6 years but it wouldn't surprise me if it's on its original belts tbh as it is quite pricey to get done. They aren't known as belt snappers and a Rover engine engineer reckoned they were specced to last 10 years minimum unless they got contaminated. Thermostat leak would be a common enough issue as the housing fractures. Also the little motors for the variable intake system can fail due to oil in the inlet manifold.

30mpg won't be seen that often unless you are very light footed and do long cruisey spins. €1000 isn't out of the way but it's not unreal value really. I don't expect to get €1500 for mine next Summer tbh.

Something about cloth seated 75s that seems all wrong, especially the V6 ones.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Micra is overpriced and hardly "great". Could at least take the stickers off it and spend a few quid on some hubcaps.
    Its not my car, I didn't write the ad and my advice (and yours) hasn't been listened to.

However I can confirm the car is actually in good condition and has been cared for so in the long run for a cheap reliable car it may be worth the price

Just thought I'd post it as I know she is leaving for OZ soon

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    Something about cloth seated 75s that seems all wrong, especially the V6 ones.
    It screams paddy spec however those seats are very nice to sit in

johnos1984 wrote: »

Anyone looking for one could easily part for €700 for the likes of that and they wouldn't be after getting robbed either. The asking price is a tad meaty but it'll shift for a couple of hundred off that I'd think.

Bang on the money for it RJ and exactly what she was told......in fact I said 700 was top dollar for it

If the lady selling has a bit of patience she should see €700 within a month for it all going well.

RoverJames wrote: »
    If the lady selling has a bit of patience she should see €700 within a month for it all going well.
    I think she is gone in two weeks

She moved out 2 weeks ago

I reckon there'd be no harm dropping the asking price to €850 if she doesn't see any interest in it over the weekend. If she needs it gone in two weeks.

Personally I'd rather buy it and burn it out as I hate those **** arse cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,634 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's harsh dude :D

In fact I can well understand owners respect and gratitude for a car that not ever got anything but a yearly service and always started first go during several years of ownership.

I understand less well owners love of other bottom of the market cars say from a good few years before that Micra. Cars that rusted, didn't start when it was cold, broke down all the time. And all the cars, newer or older that need dreaded very expensive timing belt jobs, unlike the K11 Micra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Full?id=6718217

Cheap (IMO) Bug eye 1.6 :o
    > but, a reliable AWD jammer

€1,750

Decent bus for the money if there's not too much over 100k miles on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

at that money, I'd be going over it VERY well. Diffs, gearbox, suspension etc.
    It might be a 1.6 but still a good chance it was ragged!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

at that money, I'd be going over it VERY well. Diffs, gearbox, suspension etc.
    It might be a 1.6 but still a good chance it was ragged!!
    look where the photo was taken....
    4 wheel drift anyone?

A great car for modern Irish winters: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2240207

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

VolvoMan wrote: »
    A great car for modern Irish winters: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2240207

very nice motor

robtri wrote: »
    very nice motor

Very rare too. I'd say I've seen no more than about five in the country.

It also has the genuine tow pack which is worth a few quid, even secondhand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Yours for 8 or 900 quid i'd say .....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2109097

Full?id=6282003

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Yours for 8 or 900 quid i'd say .....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2109097

Full?id=6282003

Lovely car, pretty clean by the looks of things.

Shame its an auto though :(

Hold on , this ones better .....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2140938

View2-6594489.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

/\ WOW :) So want that lex!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement