Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Max Power1 wrote: »
    I see the name of the thread has been changed to reflect the barges!

Stupid idea , there was nothing wrong with the old one:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

almanu wrote: »
    Stupid idea , there was nothing wrong with the old one:rolleyes:

Yes there was if it brings in the sh!tboxes that have now been thankfully binned to the other thread ;)

As Limerick Man says
    Aye... No more Carina's in here thank god :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Looking through the last few pages most stuff would suit that other thread, and alot more of it if we went back further... I think it's just our dislike of overpriced Carina's :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Magown3

Who's bright idea was it to split the threads?

Should've just called this one the 7-Series-onomics car of the week/day.

And now you're just going to have both threads filling up with moaners saying that such a car should really be in the OTHER thread... who gives a sh1t ffs!

<hits the unfollow button>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Magown3 wrote: »
    Who's bright idea was it to split the threads?

Should've just called this one the 7-Series-onomics car of the week/day.

<hits the unfollow button>

It was I was VB's idea to start the parallel thread. It was my idea to rename the threads so people wouldn't get confused.
    If it doesn't work, we'll merge them again. If it does work, happy days.

Follow the thread you like, unfollow the other (if you want). Simples!

• Advertisement

Here ye go lads, ye can ride in style in this baby

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2229301

Full?id=6682272

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

this is a better thread anyway, lovely old luxobarges for no money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Here ye go lads, ye can ride in style in this baby

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2229301

Full?id=6682272

Why has the seller added a month to both the tax and the NCT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

si_guru wrote: »
    Why has the seller added a month to both the tax and the NCT?

I'd say it is because tax and NCT are until the end of the month??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

but43r wrote: »
    I'd say it is because tax and NCT are until the end of the month??

Yes, but we all know that by convention right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

/rattles in, in a tried Carina. Looks around sees a load of wanked 728i's and E200's. rev up and rattles away into the distance*****

I Was VB wrote: »
    /rattles in, in a tried Carina. Looks around sees a load of wanked 728i's and E200's. rev up and rattles away into the distance*****
    then gets a pull for no NCT:pac:

almanu wrote: »
    then gets a pull for no NCT:pac:

Not at all, i wouldnt dream of driving a car regardless of its condition if it didnt have NCT Tax.

Any of the 728i's I or any of the regulars have ever linked have been in better nic than any of the battered Carina's you've linked, and they all have NCT's ;)

Plus the fact anyone who has a 728i will mind it like their house, unlike Johno coming home from the pub for 15 years scraping off every ditch on the way home in his one owner car ;)

Any of the 728i's I or any of the regulars have ever linked have been in better nic than any of the battered Carina's you've linked, and they all have NCT's ;)

Plus the fact anyone who has a 728i will mind it like their house, unlike Johno coming home from the pub for 15 years scraping off every ditch on the way home in his one owner car ;)

Yup, a Carina can take 15 years of hockeying down country roads after a pub closeing, driving across ploughed fields, go around the world 12 times and still be in serviceable condition. Whereas a Bimmer or E200 from the same generation wouldnt stand up to such treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Lets get back on track, this is getting boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Yup, a Carina can take 15 years of hockeying down country roads after a pub closeing, driving across ploughed fields, go around the world 12 times and still be in serviceable condition. Whereas a Bimmer or E200 from the same generation wouldnt stand up to such treatment.

Alright you, you have your own thread for this stuff, move along now. Have you no home to go to?

Lets get back on track, this is getting boring.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2208308

View2-6593972.jpeg

€1300, no nct and fuk all wallpaper, BARGIN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

-Chris- wrote: »
    Alright you, you have your own thread for this stuff, move along now. Have you no home to go to?

TAXI... there he's gone!!!

DonJose wrote: »
    TAXI... there he's gone!!!

:pac:

1000th post woop!

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2208308

View2-6593972.jpeg

€1300, no nct and fuk all wallpaper, BARGIN!

Or this, which is newer, with test,

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2235692

See, no one in their right mind would link that one you linked because it's not fitting, it's just overpriced like many other cars. Even you should know that through your carina tinted glasses ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

See, no one in their right mind would link that one you linked because it's not fitting, it's just overpriced like many other cars. Even you should know that through your carina tinted glasses ;)
    That looks wanked out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

and that 728 has the elusive (in a 728 its a rarity) car phone :D , pity about the green leather and sh*tty subwoofer but still

Nice colour combo on that, very seldom ya see a green car with green leather. Though that contraption in the boot would put me off, straight out of page 879 of the argos book.

Nice colour combo on that, very seldom ya see a green car with green leather. Though that contraption in the boot would put me off, straight out of page 879 of the argos book.

We'll leave it at that so, don't hurt your back in your Carina on the way back over to the other thread :pac:

johnos1984 wrote: »
    That looks wanked out ;)

yep, and the headlights say the owner is a bit of a merchant banker also:pac:

We'll leave it at that so, don't hurt your back in your Carina on the way back over to the other thread :pac:

Indeed. Watch out for low sumps and high speed bumps when you're going to look at that bimmer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Eoin wrote: »
    This thread isn't, but you questioned why I might call buying a cheap old luxury car "bangernomics", and I explained why. Apart from the tax and fuel costs, it's exactly the same principle as this thread. Is it about the cheapest possible way of getting from A to B? No, as I've said more than once already. But it can still be cheaper in the long run than getting a new car that depreciates. That's why some people might consider it bangernomics, and that's why I made the point.

First of all I did not question why you were calling buying old luxury cars bangernomics. You said that bangernomics can be anything you want it to be. When you said this it didn't make any sense and it still doesn't now. Bangernomics is getting to a to b as cheaply as possible and when it breaks down you get rid or possibly getting rid just before it does. Luxury or style does not come into it. If you want to buy an old barge and run it instead of a new car to save money then that is your business and fair play. It is however not bangernomics and cannot be called bangernomics just because you feel bangernomics is what ever you want it to be. You will have to find another name for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

and that 728 has the elusive (in a 728 its a rarity) car phone :D , pity about the green leather and sh*tty subwoofer but still

i will add ****y angel eyes to your list bud! :pac:

• Advertisement

kermitpwee wrote: »
    First of all I did not question why you were calling buying old luxury cars bangernomics. You said that bangernomics can be anything you want it to be. When you said this it didn't make any sense and it still doesn't now. Bangernomics is getting to a to b as cheaply as possible and when it breaks down you get rid or possibly getting rid just before it does. Luxury or style does not come into it. If you want to buy an old barge and run it instead of a new car to save money then that is your business and fair play. It is however not bangernomics and cannot be called bangernomics just because you feel bangernomics is what ever you want it to be. You will have to find another name for it.

It's what we've called Bangernomics for a long time now, I don't a "dictionary" definition is coming into it.

Plus, of course looks and personal taste comes into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement