Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its a selespeed. That gearbox will write off that alfa with short notice Id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Is it just me or are the interiors of those early 156's starting to look really dated? When they came out i thought they were nice but now they look rough as feck. With the exception of a few minters about.

I had a 166 and after that, the 156 just looked cheap and tacky as f*ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

mickdw wrote: »
    I commented on the ramp on that S Class but I was only saying it made it difficult to see whether it was sitting properly or not.
    Limerick man knows the car so I doubt it had issues

I'm not implying anything about the condition of the car, just mentioning that the one LM linked to was on a speed bump in a photo :)

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2080163

Ok the wheels are....ridiculous, he's lowered it unfortunately & theres not much nct but???!.....these yokes have a fair bit of power & they're very comfortable. An lots a leather.

Strip away all the mod bullsh!t & i reckon its bangernomics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,633 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I wouldn't bother. Only a few weeks NCT left too. It's for the crushers :D

Ok the wheels are....ridiculous, he's lowered it unfortunately & theres not much nct but???!.....these yokes have a fair bit of power & they're very comfortable. An lots a leather..

f22b5 150bhp engine in them, not bad in fairness

RoverJames wrote: »
    f22b5 150bhp engine in them, not bad in fairness

If i recall you owned one at some stage? Or am i mistaken?

If i recall you owned one at some stage? Or am i mistaken?

Nope, your not mistaken :) Although I never actually owned it.

Had a €400 or €500 deposit on one, it was apparently stolen before I collected it, I had my doubts at the time but it may well have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2080163

Ok the wheels are....ridiculous, he's lowered it unfortunately & theres not much nct but???!.....these yokes have a fair bit of power & they're very comfortable. An lots a leather.

I know this car and its pretty rough tbh, front and rear bumpers are badly cracked and paint job is attrocious !! Has been for sale for the last 12 months for pretty much the same mula

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Linky

Not the best car in the world but it would go for a to b quite comfortably and would be cheap for parts if it did in wrong. Surely worth a punt.

No NCT and engine is smokey, feck that :pac:

Saab Ed wrote: »

What are the common issues with these. I know a man that might be interested in something like that and its in the right county at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Linky

Not the best car in the world but it would go for a to b quite comfortably and would be cheap for parts if it did in wrong. Surely worth a punt.

i just sold a 01 minter with 1yr NCT 6mths tax and all of the above bells and whistles for 900 quid , 1100 quid for a sh*t box with a w*nked engine the seller of this car is in dream land :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I only noticed the primeras faults after posting and removed it straight. The pug looks fairly tidy though. I am on a phone though so cant get the best look at the pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

That Mazda could be a little winner for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,398 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Haven't contributed to this thread for a while...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2255099

Come on folks, all that luxury for well under 2k. Yeah its not the diesel which is probably the superior engine but again look at the price.
    Too much info in the ad, really.
    NCT AND TAX FULL LEATHER
    Probably 2 months NCT, tax up at end of month.....

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Too much info in the ad, really. Probably 2 months NCT, tax up at end of month.....

Yeah hate that :mad:

Tax is irrelevant as the buyer will only have to tax it from when he owns it. The mention of having NCT without a date, more often than not means the car is toast. No mention of NCT in the ad should mean no mention in this thread (mods - you listening? This is a serious point!)

Esel wrote: »
    Too much info in the ad, really. Probably 2 months NCT, tax up at end of month.....

Ah for god sake dont buy it then!!...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

And a pretty clean looking one here for about the same price:

Full?id=6665479

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2225020

They're not a bad looking car at all. If the seats are half as comfy as they look, it looks like a pretty nice cruiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

They are extremely comfortable. Auto be better though. I was a Peugeot salesman for the best part of 4 years on and off and I only ever sold ONE!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

Eoin wrote: »
    And a pretty clean looking one here for about the same price:

Full?id=6665479

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2225020

They're not a bad looking car at all. If the seats are half as comfy as they look, it looks like a pretty nice cruiser.

Still to expensive TBH

I only sold my 02 607 5 weeks ago 2ltr HDI diesel for 2400 with over a year NCT to go
    They dont hold their value at all so diesels are just as cheap.

really comfy cars though the electrics are way too complex and every day you get new warnings on the dashboard

they also make a superb feel like a fiesta because of the space inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

They are extremely comfortable. Auto be better though. I was a Peugeot salesman for the best part of 4 years on and off and I only ever sold ONE!!!!

Are the autos reliable? I heard something about Peugeot using a Porsche 'box. Extremely tempting for Bangernomics considering the diesel/auto combo and massive depreciation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

do you have a link, i was fairly certain I had seen it on here as it was de-badged , had the darker than factory tints on the rear 3 windows and was black or navy in colour , it sitting down on the back triggered my memory of the post about that speed ramp

I don't have a link, but if it was it, it definitely wasn't the bags ;)

I don't have a link, but if it was it, it definitely wasn't the bags ;)

Post #5438
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2237470

Full?id=6715427

no reg in the pics, all them Ss look the same to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Can't understand a garage selling a car without NCT. You would imagine it would be worth more than without it. mmm....

personally, i don't think you should be able to sell anyone a car without an NCT (other than to a scrap merchant/breaker) - it'd keep some shyte from getting back on the road.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    personally, i don't think you should be able to sell anyone a car without an NCT (other than to a scrap merchant/breaker) - it'd keep some shyte from getting back on the road.

That's a great idea and very easy to implement. Shannon would automatically refuse the transfer of ownership if there is no valid NCT with the car. They need access to the NCT database, but I'm sure that can be arranged :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

unkel wrote: »
    That's a great idea and very easy to implement. Shannon would automatically refuse the transfer of ownership if there is no valid NCT with the car. They need access to the NCT database, but I'm sure that can be arranged :D

so true, and it would boost the proper and tested used car sale, and in turn help the trade and the economy. No Brainer really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Technically you can't sell a car without NCT, there's something written down somewhere but it's never looked at.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement