Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

Mickdw - re that mazda xedos 6 the rear brakes and calipers must be checked carefully - the handbrake must hold the car firmly on a good incline - if discs, pads and especially calipers are not working walk away - the calipers are not to be got in scrappies and those on ebay are expensive and forget a mazda dealer entirely for parts.

Also if any overly loud clicking noise from top of the engine walk away - its likely one of the 24 valves may be shot so engine is effed

Lovely car to drive and everything else is bulletproof - thyre getting too old imo and didnt sell well here or in UK so dedicated parts will be more difficult to come by - my two cents worth anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Confab wrote: »
    Are the autos reliable? I heard something about Peugeot using a Porsche 'box. Extremely tempting for Bangernomics considering the diesel/auto combo and massive depreciation.

I honestly don't know but it was rare to see one come into the workshop with engine/gearbox issues. Might have been rare cos the car is rare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Looks and power for little over a grand: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2261631

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Looks and power for little over a grand: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2261631

:eek: looks very good value if she's healthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

If I didn't need to worry about fuel economy id be going to look at that. Always liked them. Wouldnt be mad about the leather colour but hopefully it's just the pics. If not, I'm sure I'd get over it when the turbo kicked in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,633 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I disagree, I sold my Punto to a chap who was using it as a spares car. So was I supposed to put the car through the NCT even though I know it wont pass? Then what scrap the car even though its not going to be used on the road?

Not at all! If your car is gonna be sold for parts, have it declared scrapped - you can even get any remaining motor tax back in some circumstances. Then there wouldn't be any need to transfer ownership either as it no longer is a registered vehicle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

unkel wrote: »
    Not at all! If your car is gonna be sold for parts, have it declared scrapped - you can even get any remaining motor tax back in some circumstances. Then there wouldn't be any need to transfer ownership either as it no longer is a registered vehicle

Has to be taxed for 6 months before you can get any back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

VolvoMan wrote: »

Love the look of those Volvo's or any modern ones for that matter.

Would love to get my hands on a T5 though at some stage in life, lovely S40 one on DD for 6k. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,398 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Has to be taxed for 6 months before you can get any back!
    I think the car has to have a minimum of 3 months tax left to get a refund.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

AWWW_YEAH_RE_Funny_Pictures_3-s250x196-182807-580.png

id have that now if i had the money

I do...

ill call the insurance company for the craic and see how high they'll qoute me ( mind you, i actually cant put petrol into it at this moment in time BUT.... it would be a nice sofa. )

• Advertisement

Would love to get my hands on a T5 though at some stage in life, lovely S40 one on DD for 6k. :p

T4 maybe it is......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

RoverJames wrote: »
    T4 maybe it is......

Newer models are T5's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

he says - If you have €800 burning a hole

in your pockets buy some new trousers as I wont be taking that kind

of offer for this car

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2103231

feckin cloth.....

...and "comes with a recently completed NCT" - picture of disk shows a date of 23-04-2010...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

MidlandsM wrote: »
    he says - If you have €800 burning a hole

in your pockets buy some new trousers as I wont be taking that kind

of offer for this car

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2103231

feckin cloth.....
    He should have hoovered the car and gave a proper wash. What are the chances the car is in sh1t?
    High to many I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

Cars not cleaned and a little tyre balck would prob help mask that fact but he couldnt be bothered.

Typical of many selling stuff these days

Esel wrote: »
    I think the car has to have a minimum of 3 months tax left to get a refund.

No, the way it works is they'll give you anything back once it's over the 3 month period. Ie. the minimum amount of tax you can buy is three months, so if you buy six, they subtract straight away because technically you've used that disk within that period. I'm not sure if they'll give you back one months worth, but I know for sure you can get back at 3 months if it's tax for 6 months or over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

No, the way it works is they'll give you anything back once it's over the 3 month period. Ie. the minimum amount of tax you can buy is three months, so if you buy six, they subtract straight away because technically you've used that disk within that period. I'm not sure if they'll give you back one months worth, but I know for sure you can get back at 3 months if it's tax for 6 months or over.

I think he means the tax disc must have at least 3 months of validity left at the time of surrendering the disc in order to claim a refund.

"A minimum of three unexpired whole calender months must be left on the disc when surrendered."

I have 2.5 months left on my disc for a car that has been scrapped but cannot get any refund as the minimum they will refund is 3 months worth.

Aye, I taxed my Saab for three months and went back in an hour later when the engine blew and she said if I'd taxed it for 6 she'd have been able to give me back three, but since I taxed it for three I got nothing... Most expensive bit of paper I ever bought :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Aye, I taxed my Saab for three months and went back in an hour later when the engine blew and she said if I'd taxed it for 6 she'd have been able to give me back three, but since I taxed it for three I got nothing... Most expensive bit of paper I ever bought :rolleyes:

Pain in the balls alright. I'm paying 2 litre tax for two cars this summer as a result of the clause. :mad:

• Advertisement

I thought you flogged it on?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

looks decent

Esel wrote: »
    I thought you flogged it on?

Lol I did but yeah hardly think I got what I paid for it with a blown engine :P

^ More than 3 months tax, which is all you would have got back if you had taxed it for 6 months, and you would have had to officially scrap it. Don't be putting on the poor mouth! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2277977

No mention of NCT , but it is to cheap not to go in here ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i would give my ford and 500 quid just to take that off him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,566 ✭✭✭✭vectra

vectra wrote: »
    Handy motor for €995

You do find some gems for this thread :)
    The leather interior of those Accords is great, savage car for the money if she's straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,566 ✭✭✭✭vectra

RoverJames wrote: »
    You do find some gems for this thread :)

I suppose anyone that drives an Octavia vR knows a good car when he sees one :pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement