Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

RoverJames wrote: »
    You do find some gems for this thread :)
    The leather interior of those Accords is great, savage car for the money if she's straight.

Brother has one, almost identical to that one. Same year & all, great car. Not great on petrol but hey its a 2 litre vtec & the noise of the yoke when you put the foot down is meaty. Quick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I was on the way to get this 3 weeks ago, it was for sale in kill, sold before i got there, was advertised at 650 back then, still tempting at the new owners price, makes me wonder why it would pop up so quickly though, unless he's just turning a few bob, im fighting with myself all day not to pick up the phone..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I note DoneDeal have introduced a new feature to save the ads you've found......very handy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Not bangernonic applicable and Flocking awful ..........LOL

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2086878

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Not bangernonic applicable and Flocking awful ..........LOL

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2086878

One for skangermobiles :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

^^^^

Looks like they cleared out the arts and crafts room of the local primary school for the interior of that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You do find some gems for this thread :)
    The leather interior of those Accords is great, savage car for the money if she's straight.

I've said it before but the back seats in that shape Accord are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in by far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I've said it before but the back seats in that shape Accord are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in by far!

Sat in? ;):p

The Don wrote: »
    Sat in? ;):p

I knew there'd be an innuendo there some where, and by the owner of the car at the time I can assure you that's all I did!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2279918

It's not worth 2k, maybe 1500 and if it had a test, nice bargain, colour combo and at least it's not the 3.2 tax!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

If anyone hasn't bought this yet, just noticed the price has changed:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Citroen/Xsara/2.0-HDI-/201114201872224/advert?channel=CARS

Tempted to give a call myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

T4 maybe it is......

Here's an actual T4 for 900 quid: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2279939

With NCT and tax, it almost seems too cheap...

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Here's an actual T4 for 900 quid: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2279939

With NCT and tax, it almost seems too cheap...

Surely they're way more than 160bhp? 200 ish I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

160bhp is the Low Pressure Turbo model (which I have), the T4 is 200bhp afaik.

motorcheck.ie says this one is a T4 though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Cionád wrote: »
    160bhp is the Low Pressure Turbo model (which I have), the T4 is 200bhp afaik.

motorcheck.ie says this one is a T4 though...

I think the seller is mixing up the power outputs between the 2.0T (LPT) and the T4.

I would be seriously tempted by this if I could afford the insurance.

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I think the seller is mixing up the power outputs between the 2.0T (LPT) and the T4.

I would be seriously tempted by this if I could afford the insurance.

I have you down in my books for a 50 year old, so I presume it wouldn't cost that much :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Saab Ed wrote: »

Reminds me of being 20....:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

It looks like a Taxi from a 3rd world country:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

almanu wrote: »
    Perfect for Ireland so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Perfect for Ireland so :D

Maybe Limerick:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

almanu wrote: »

The scary thing is, if you were to take a brand new diesel from any top manufacturer and this corolla and use them both over the next couple of years, there is a strong possibility that the new diesel would need a major repair before this corolla.
    Still, its an awful heap of sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

mickdw wrote: »
    The scary thing is, if you were to take a brand new diesel from any top manufacturer and this corolla and use them both over the next couple of years, there is a strong possibility that the new diesel would need a major repair before this corolla.
    Still, its an awful heap of sh1te.

Come on guys, all this modern diesel bashing is starting to get ridiculous. According to people on boards diesel is absolutely pointless and a waste of money as you will end up spending the money you save on fuel on repairs.
    ANY modern petrol car could be as bad as diesel (there is a lot to go wrong), and a modern diesel could be uber reliable too.

but43r wrote: »
    Come on guys, all this modern diesel bashing is starting to get ridiculous..................
    ANY modern petrol car could be as bad as diesel (there is a lot to go wrong), and a modern diesel could be uber reliable too.

True about the diesel bashing to a degree on here :)

But many modern petrols don't have turbos, none have a DPF and DMF aren't troublesome on petrols so the modern petrol does have less to go wrong in fairness to it.

I would fancy that Corolla to provide plenty more service if it's been to a garage every so often though. Worst case scenario could well be a set of shocks. Mick does make a very valid point :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Come on guys, all this modern diesel bashing is starting to get ridiculous. According to people on boards diesel is absolutely pointless and a waste of money as you will end up spending the money you save on fuel on repairs.

Na, they aint bashing just telling the truth, I know a recovery guy and he reckons modern diesels are keeping him in business..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Tbh the cars are starting to get ridiculous, There is a thread here with a 07 5 series with less than 60k miles needing its second flywheel and a new turbo. Its not unusual either
    You have the flywheel issues across the board really, not to mention DPF, injector failures.
    There are just a few too many faults that tend to pop up nowadays and the manufacturers are not making any major improvements as I feel they are happy to take the cash in the workshops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

mickdw wrote: »
    Tbh the cars are starting to get ridiculous, There is a thread here with a 07 5 series with less than 60k miles needing its second flywheel and a new turbo. Its not unusual either
    You have the flywheel issues across the board really, not to mention DPF, injector failures.
    There are just a few too many faults that tend to pop up nowadays and the manufacturers are not making any major improvements as I feel they are happy to take the cash in the workshops.

And thats a wrap..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Full?id=6898155

Yes, OK, not the best GTI in the VW stable..

Looks tidy tho..

€1,750

homer90 wrote: »

Yes, OK, not the best GTI in the VW stable..

Looks tidy tho..

€1,750

Better than the 2.0 Mk IV :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Great bangernomics car. I took one of those Corolla's with 180k miles as a trade a few years ago against a Peugeot 607 that was braking my heart with warning bells for everything. 5 months nct left on it & was standing me 500 euro. Found it so reliable I put it thru' the NCT with just an oil change & 1 drop-link. Drove it on for another year & sold for 300. No great comfort but boy was it reliable & what a relief after the Peugeot.

T

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement