Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

lomb wrote: »
    Sure... for a fee:cool:
    Its been for sale on adverts I think for a while I think, Id have it gone in a fortnight or so I reakon:)

dude, price it low enough and you could sell your arse in a fortnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

RoverJames wrote: »
    ....... especially ZTs :D

Nail. On. Head! :p;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

You could sell your arse quicker if you frequent the right toilets....

Back to The 7'ers........anyone know this car???http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2286392
    So it needs a bit of paint....dosnt look like it was a heavy shunt anyway (unless the new steering wheel is a result of a heavier shunt and airbag going off)

My luxobarge list is...

BMW 7 series
    Alfa 166
    Saab 95

Anything else i shoul look at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Mr.Boots wrote: »

Anything else i shoul look at?

Audi S8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

What are you looking at the vanity mirror in your 75 talking to yourself?:p

• Advertisement

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Audi S8

A8 maybe....An S8 cost alot more than anything i have listed above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

A8 maybe....An S8 cost alot more than anything i have listed above

I have seen a few on Donedeal a good while back. A8 is well in your budget but I would prefer a 7er anyday unless the A8 was 04+.

What about Lexus 300/400.

So it needs a bit of paint.................

Bonnet has a nasty dent in it too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2168788

Seems alot of car for small money,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,632 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

argosy2006 wrote: »

No NCT. Really lads, do we want this thread to be full of basket cases or do we want half decent cars that have at least proven to be road worthy? I vote for a ban of cars without NCT. What say ye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

argosy2006 wrote: »

In sheer metal weight maybe ...other than that it's a glorified tractor. Slow, thirsty, cramped, uncomfortable.
    unkel wrote: »
    No NCT. Really lads, do we want this thread to be full of basket cases or do we want half decent cars that have at least proven to be road worthy? I vote for a ban of cars without NCT. What say ye?

Yay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I dont think its right to ban cars without a test as there are people here who consider a €200 mondeo or whatever as bangernomics heaven. These people would also consider it part of the whole bangernomics skill to be able to pick out a car that can be gotten through the test for pennies as opposed to a money pit. To ban untested cars would be blocking out a whole branch of bangernomics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

"need small bit of work to get ready for test"

One mans definition of "small bit of work" may not tally with anothers.

............I vote for a ban of cars without NCT. What say ye?

I agree (ish)

The OPs post in this mighty thread carried the message which is sometimes lost here me thinks........
    peasant wrote: »

Please only post cars that you personally would actually buy and drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,632 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mickdw wrote: »
    I dont think its right to ban cars without a test as there are people here who consider a €200 mondeo or whatever as bangernomics heaven. These people would also consider it part of the whole bangernomics skill to be able to pick out a car that can be gotten through the test for pennies as opposed to a money pit. To ban untested cars would be blocking out a whole branch of bangernomics.

I know what you're saying and I couldn't agree more, Mick. Thing is though that times are so bad and people are so desperate to sell that indeed there are €200 cars out there with test. Bangernomics can only be about road worthy cars. Cars for sale for parts of for scrap surely can be in another thread. Mods: maybe a "Bangernomics car for parts or scrap of the week"?

I know what you're saying and I couldn't agree more, Mick. Thing is though that times are so bad and people are so desperate to sell that indeed there are €200 cars out there with test. Bangernomics can only be about road worthy cars. Cars for sale for parts of for scrap surely can be in another thread. Mods: maybe a "Bangernomics car for parts or scrap of the week"?

Lets not break it up.
    Its interesting looking at stuff i would not usualy look at.
    Its about cars so its all good.
    Anyway alot of cars have failed the nct for somethin that will cost 50euro to repair but the owner dosnt understand and sells the car on afriad to spend money on it....buyer picks it up for a breeze...thats Bangernomics.

Stop all this trying to controll threads...it makes Boards boring....just let it happen please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'll back up that no nct vote, and vote for those who post nct less cars to be banned:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,398 ✭✭✭✭Esel

+1 for no NCT, no post.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Is there actually any value in an NCT nowadays?

After the Taxi Industry expose (Primetime?) where they showed how easy it is to get an unroadworthy car through the NCT, I don't place as much stock in an NCT anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Not with the 'No NCT' thing.

I've bought 2 with no NCT where upon inspection they seemed okay and indeed passed the test.

The Corolla I bought was almost 4 years out of date and passed niet problemski. No bribe in the ashtray either :D

edit ... plus it will rule out a good few posts and what harm are they doing ? Most these days will probably not speculate 50 lids over a sale value of under a grand just to help it shift. They've possibly also driven untaxed and without NCT for a while before offloading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Most cars posted here are defective and/or not appealing to 99% of people for various reasons. Having no NCT is no worse than having a 4L V8 to most, so it may mean a bargain.

Just because a car doesn't have an NCT does not mean it is unroadworthy or dangerous. It just means it doesn't have an NCT and buyers should establish why.

maidhc wrote: »
    Most cars posted here are defective and/or not appealing to 99% of people for various reasons. ............

Quite alot of them don't appeal to the person who posted them even :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

-Chris- wrote: »
    Is there actually any value in an NCT nowadays?

After the Taxi Industry expose (Primetime?) where they showed how easy it is to get an unroadworthy car through the NCT, I don't place as much stock in an NCT anymore.

Again, it shouldn't be used as a validation of the car's condition. A long NCT means that it's a hassle you don't have to go through for a while, and you can drive legally until then. That would be a big value for me.

Surely the Primetime program was no surprise to most of us?

Well the NCT bit anyway, the dude renting out taxis to any Joe did come as a surprise to me to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I bought a mazda 626 for €850 without an NCT. Car was sold as seen and advertised for €1000. I told him I would take the car for the asking price, once it had the NCT done.
    He just couldn't be bothered and texted me to say that he was happy to sell the car for €850 without the NCT.
    So was I. Rear brake disks and a light cluster was all it needed to pass the NCT.
    I knew this and so did he.
    Thing is, that people want nothing more to do with a car in some circumstances. If they bought a new(er) car and they don't want to spend any money on the old car, they just want it gone from their driveway.
    Not all people are car enthusiasts - or even have a remote interest in cars.
    I know one person who will change her car every 3 years so she won't have to do the NCT. When i asked her why she simply replied "I just don't have the time, and I couldn't be bothered either" Telling her the NCT centers were opened on Sundays was like telling her that there was eight days in a week.
    She was shocked. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Thats all very well and good when its something simple but what if the car fails on Emissions and needs a new CAT? Thats going to cost a heap and probably wont be worth it. I personally have found the majority of people I have talked to who have failed a NCT is over emissions. Your average joe can check that before buying a car.
    Good point, although, it could fail anytime. It is a risk you run when purchasing any second hand car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

maidhc wrote: »
    Most cars posted here are defective and/or not appealing to 99% of people for various reasons. Having no NCT is no worse than having a 4L V8 to most, so it may mean a bargain.

I agree with this 100%.

If we're going to get all clinical & super-sensible about bangernomics then will we have to exclude V8's, older sports cars, cars that cant achieve better than 30mpg, cars that are obviously very impractical? Jesus it could get very boring around here...

For me when i see someone posting a v8 bmw or a big old Jag i just think its a bit ridiculous. Yeah a nice little day dream but 99% of folks know they could never own & run a car that does 20 miles to the gallon & costs 1000 euro + to tax for a year. Still nice to see these big luxobarges but its no more silly than posting a link to a car without an nct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I don't think its ridiculous and I know a few others on here don't either.

In fact, I'm about ready to jump on the next big lump E38 that pops up. That 750 a while back was talking to me ...

Don't hold me to it though :)

edit: - ridiconomics :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

E39MSport wrote: »
    I don't think its ridiculous and I know a few others on here don't either.

Fair play, i wish i was in a position to own one but yeah there would be a few on motors who can afford to run a V8 bmw but the vast majority could not & would never be able to buy & run one. Im sure most folks think of v8's as cloud cuckoo land talk.

My point is (& has already been said by another poster) posting links to cars with no nct is a bit daft. But no more daft than linking ads to v8 monsters & giant 90's S-class limos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2282960

I think this was posted here before but I had to post it again.
    NCT and TAX for €850.
    It would be some buy if all checked out.
    The "sold as seen" bit is a little worrying though...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement