Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'm very tempted to get that car. I really don't have room though!

but43r wrote: »
    ..........The "sold as seen" bit is a little worrying though...

Just a dealer trying to get out of the 3 months engine and box warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Is he allowed do that?

Is he allowed do that?

Plenty do. It's like trade selling to the public, not really permissable as far as I know. Years back a garage refused to sell me a car that was trade only, they did keep it for me until my local mechanic got it for me though in fairness to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Is he allowed do that?

yes, they can if they are upfront and say its "sold as seen, no warranty etc" - and you'd invariable get a receipt stating that when you pay over your money, and you'll sign in agreement too........then your on your own.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

E39MSport wrote: »
    I don't think its ridiculous and I know a few others on here don't either.

In fact, I'm about ready to jump on the next big lump E38 that pops up. That 750 a while back was talking to me ...

Don't hold me to it though :)

edit: - ridiconomics :D

every e38 that floats through here just keeps prompting me to call insurance companies, nobody will give me a nice price yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Is there any cheap MGf's out there with tax and test and which don't currently have HGF???

Budget is €1000 and it MUST be pre 1997

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Is there any cheap MGf's out there with tax and test and which don't currently have HGF???

Optimistic to be looking for tax John, it's not as if it stops you driving it home, we're not in the UK you know :cool:

RoverJames wrote: »
    Optimistic to be looking for tax John, it's not as if it stops you driving it home, we're not in the UK you know :cool:
    Actually I can live without the tax but if I was to get a barge with a large engine it would have to have tax. I'll keep an eye out for an MGF first

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Actually I can live without the tax but if I was to get a barge with a large engine it would have to have tax. I'll keep an eye out for an MGF first

Barge with tax you say........
    but43r wrote: »

July, Aug and Sep paid for, Oct won't bring you any worries either.

• Advertisement

I propose this -

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2277739

I know its not 1 or 2k, but its a lot of premim german suv with a 4.4 stove for 5k or over ish. what were these new, 90k? or 100 spec'd up? it looks mint, will have a new nct etc......I think Bangernomics is not always about yokes for 1k or 1,500 notes, sometime more....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I propose this -

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2277739

I know its not 1 or 2k, but its a lot of premim german suv with a 4.4 stove for 5k or over ish. what were these new, 90k? or 100 spec'd up? it looks mint, will have a new nct etc......I think Bangernomics is not always about yokes for 1k or 1,500 notes, sometime more....

if that was anywhere under 4k id say go for it , lovely yoke, but that money is a bit mad in this country for such a yoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    How is a 4.4 V8 6k Jeep bangernomics! Come on my last 5 cars added up havent cost that much.

AHHHHH FFS! The last 4 or 5 car you proposed are not for me......or for everyone.....you can have higher asperations too..

you see, Bangernomics is not ALL 1 or 2k nct'd jammers to EVERYONE! Open yer mind !:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2255982

Sh!te ad but it could be a cracker. Big engine though. Anyone ever taken a look at it?

Small dent above rear light cluster is a little off putting but it is an oldie.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Barge with tax you say........

July, Aug and Sep paid for, Oct won't bring you any worries either.

Two years too new ;)

Must have 96 on the plate.....maybe 97 for classic insurance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

'96 528i with 6 months NCT for €500? I'm guessing there's more to it than the brief description, but still might be worth a call

Full?id=6891747

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2280356

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I know there is a tendency towards massive cars on this thread, but for those actually interested in affordable motoring, I thought this was interesting for an asking price of 1600.
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/corolla/corolla/toyota-corolla-for-sale/686043

Ticks all the boxes really.
    Long tax and 2 year
    NCT.
    Electrics
    Alarm/CL
    Low mileage.
    1.3 litre.
    5 doors.

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633693400690cbe294c033b15c55e45292bc.jpg

They're supposed to be a decent car. I reckon you could get it for 1400. People on adverts expect a bit of haggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

condra wrote: »

They're supposed to be a decent car.

Oh god no.
    I reckon you could get it for 1400. .

99 corolla does not equal €1400.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

The auto box would be a bit of turn off but I didn't think they were all that bad, granted my opinion is a lay persons one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

squod wrote: »
    Oh god no.

99 corolla does not equal €1400.
    +1

I'd say 1k would be a fair price for that.

The auto box would be a bit of turn off but I didn't think they were all that bad, granted my opinion is a lay persons one.

^ you and I clearly forgot the first rule of boards.ie motors club:
    If it's not huge and German, it's not worth driving. :rolleyes:

Max Power1 wrote: »
    I'd say 1k would be a fair price for that.

It's adverts.ie. I wouldn't be surprised if he came down a few quid.
    I'll have to watch the thread now and see if he sells it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Nice car for little money + NCT till Jan 13, no mention of tax though.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2269801

Full?id=6849437

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,631 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

^ you and I clearly forgot the first rule of boards.ie motors club:
    If it's not huge and German, it's not worth driving. :rolleyes:

No need to be defensive ;)

It's priced as it is because it's an automatic. There are very few automatics for sale with small (engined) cars so autos command a premium. A manual would fetch about a grand, as the lads said ^^^

It's likely to be a reliable car anyway, auto or manual :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

squod wrote: »
    Oh god no.

They're a grand car. If i had a choice between a similarly aged focus (with the gutless 1.4 engine), an astra (equally boring as the corolla) & a megane (just...no) i'd go for the corolla every single time.

Nippy & comfortable enough on a long journey.

Nice car for little money + NCT till Jan 13, no mention of tax though.

Nice find. Bargain!

They're a grand car. If i had a choice between a similarly aged focus (with the gutless 1.4 engine), an astra (equally boring as the corolla) & a megane (just...no) i'd go for the corolla every single time.

I know there's a lot of Toyota love in this country but that car nippy? It does 0-100km/h in over 16s :D

And it has only 3 gears :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

As one of the single most uncomfortable and boring cars I ever had the misfortune to sit into, I strongly disagree with you there.
    Apart from very small cars, that flavour corolla has a drivers seat that just doesn't travel back far enough for me (6ft). Let alone for a taller person.
    Comfortable it is not. Reliable yes.
    And, for that price, it fits quite nicely into the bangernomics thread, albeit €200 ~ €300 over priced.

My friend has one of those Corollas. The boot is HUGE and when you fold the seats down its EPIC.
    He moved a double mattress for me at one point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Friend of mine has one for the past few years - and its in the garage on an almost monthly basis with failing coil packs, wiper motors, central locking issues and plenty more. Might take one if it was given to me for free, but thats the only way I'd ever have one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement