Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

celticbest wrote: »
    Is that a Jap import ?? 2001 reg with a Km/h Odo....

It's probably 100k miles, on that carzone program you enter the mileage and it's preset to kms, and some people "forget" to change it to miles :P

Is that not a bit pricey? I sold my sisters 01 320ci Coupe for nearly that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

It's probably 100k miles, on that carzone program you enter the mileage and it's preset to kms, and some people "forget" to change it to miles :P

Is that not a bit pricey? I sold my sisters 01 320ci Coupe for nearly that...

The pic of the odometer has just over 100,000km on it so i'm assuming the mileage is right. It does seem low though.... maybe too low?

My car knowledge is limited at best and this would be just about in my budget (assuming I can move my 98 e200 merc). I'm just wondering what peoples impressions are on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

It is Kmh.. you can see it twice in the pic.

Seems odd alright.. KMH speed and RHD, with the auto' 'box you would suspect it is a Japanese import.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

out of all the cool and interesting stuff sold on the japanese market why in gods name would you import a e46 318i automatic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

out of all the cool and interesting stuff sold on the japanese market why in gods name would you import a e46 318i automatic

I think Japan has a heavy import duty... so it would mark you out as wealthy. IIRC the Japanese as very class conscious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Just purchased (well not oficially yet) my first bangernomic!!

Over the last 8 years I have been buying from garages with trade ins and loans/financing etc. Stuff that I never officially owned and were always depreciating. I always found it stressful and a hassle and to change car because of all the form filling and research involved as well as travelling all over the country to try and find the best deal.

Today I went to look at a car thats completely impractical, older than the one I'm currently driving and has higher milage than any other vehicle I ever owned but is a car that I have wanted since first seen one in the late 90's. Today I agreed to buy it, in cash for a bit over €1500 which I raised from my emergency tax refund and my holiday pay.

I keep going over the fuel economy and age and tax and thinking there could be something different and more sensible out there but its great to know that if I dont like it in a months time I can put it back up for sale and probably get the same money back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Slig wrote: »
    Just purchased (well not oficially yet) my first bangernomic!!

Over the last 8 years I have been buying from garages with trade ins and loans/financing etc. Stuff that I never officially owned and were always depreciating. I always found it stressful and a hassle and to change car because of all the form filling and research involved as well as travelling all over the country to try and find the best deal.

Today I went to look at a car thats completely impractical, older than the one I'm currently driving and has higher milage than any other vehicle I ever owned but is a car that I have wanted since first seen one in the late 90's. Today I agreed to buy it, in cash for a bit over €1500 which I raised from my emergency tax refund and my holiday pay.

I keep going over the fuel economy and age and tax and thinking there could be something different and more sensible out there but its great to know that if I dont like it in a months time I can put it back up for sale and probably get the same money back again.
    Pics or GTFO!
    What did you buy?

cadaliac wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO!
    What did you buy?

Until its parked in my driveway no way I'm telling!!! I got one potential buy stolen out from under me already:D

I'll post pics tomorrow morning when I get her home (with the corresponding speeding fines)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

I just offered him €100 more than you!!! He's thinking about it as we speak-said he didn't like the look of you anyway. only messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Literally just about to post that^

Seriously spacious cheapo-luxobarge. Kind of unusual as well. Over here anyway.

Unusual yet appealing car, god Nissan god some milage out of those alloys, there were on every model around that time from the micra, almera and primera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

'00 Primera NCT 03/12, maybe a bit overpriced at €799.
    One lady owner though so it must be perfect!
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2300640

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

isn't that Inch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

'00 Primera NCT 03/12, maybe a bit overpriced at €799.
    One lady owner though so it must be perfect!
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2300640
    Looks minty in fairness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Until its parked in my driveway no way I'm telling!!! I got one potential buy stolen out from under me already:D

I'll post pics tomorrow morning when I get her home (with the corresponding speeding fines)

So did you get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

At least tell us the make......BMW?

cadaliac wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO!
    What did you buy?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1819047

home and dry, She is definately not the most powerful car but shes a looker. All the way home I was waiting for something to fall off:p as I got a good bit off the asking price.

Not all the electrics work (passangers seat and remote central locking is what I found so far) but sitting in that leather seats, looking out through my frameless drivers window as the speedo needle went up( and the fuel needle went down) I realised that even if the engine fell out it would still probably be worth it just to have it parked on the driveway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Nice, saw a review of these on Fifth Gear just the other day.

Yours looks clean, whats the mileage?

Good luck with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1819047

home and dry, She is definately not the most powerful car but shes a looker. All the way home I was waiting for something to fall off:p as I got a good bit off the asking price.

Not all the electrics work (passangers seat and remote central locking is what I found so far) but sitting in that leather seats, looking out through my frameless drivers window as the speedo needle went up( and the fuel needle went down) I realised that even if the engine fell out it would still probably be worth it just to have it parked on the driveway

That's a very nice looking car and it's probably the best color for that car.
    I always found it to be a bit of a hairdressers car. Doesn't mean I wouldn't drive one though :)

but43r wrote: »
    That's a very nice looking car and it's probably the best color for that car.
    I always found it to be a bit of a hairdressers car. Doesn't mean I wouldn't drive one though :)

120k miles on the clock (111k on the NCT cert and from cartell.ie when she was brought in from the UK in 2008) paintwork isnt great, looks like someone tried washing it with a brillo pad in places and there are a few scrapes but interior is mint. No rattles, bangs or squeaks and no vibrations while driving but the tracking probably needs doing and it'll need an NCT in a couple of months. Central locking might just need a new battery in the key fob but the previous owner said he never locked it anyway so it could be something more serious. still locks with the key but doesnt activate the alarm.

Its definately not a sports car but I never said it was practical. For what it is and the money I paid for it I'm happy. At the end of the day If she proves too thirsty to run I could always sell it on especially if i get an NCT.

• Advertisement

Well wear.
    Love the colour and interior.
    Shouldn't be more than 30 to 33 mpg to run, along the same as most other 2.0 petrols (barr BMW's).
    A decent wax job should get most of the scratches out too and I would advise to get that done sooner rather than later, as the longer you have the car, the less likely you are to get it done. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Aye, well wear.

Never thought i'd see the day i'd actually want a peugeot but thats a beaut inside and out! A steal at 1.5k or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,631 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Wonder what the mileage is on the 80 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

unkel wrote: »

are you serious? It's a 95 car that'll be got for under €650... mileage is a silly concern. It's condition now is more important. thos engines can do huge mileage without difficulty once they're kept well serviced... and even without that sometimes. At a guess i'd say mileage is probably 180-200k, a lot of them seem to be around that at this stage.

Once it's going well that'd be a great car for some cheap motoring. not pretty but great diesel engine capable of some good mpg and cheap running/servicing costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

About 400k Id say although I sold a 1992 audi 80 petrol about 9 years ago for 350 Euro. Bodywork was perfect. It needed a cv joint, a few bushes and had an occasional starting problem where it wouldnt fire at all. The guy got a bargain but I simply wanted it gone as it was parked on the street uninsured in Dublin and wasnt bothered to fix it up.

12k per year average x 16 ~ 200k imo.
    Diesel too, so I would say even more.

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    are you serious? It's a 95 car that'll be got for under €650... mileage is a silly concern. It's condition now is more important. thos engines can do huge mileage without difficulty once they're kept well serviced... and even without that sometimes. At a guess i'd say mileage is probably 180-200k, a lot of them seem to be around that at this stage.

Once it's going well that'd be a great car for some cheap motoring. not pretty but great diesel engine capable of some good mpg and cheap running/servicing costs

Are You serious?
    If that car has big miles on it, the car could be end of life. It could cost plenty to keep on the road.
    Just because it has a valid NCT doesn't mean it won't cost anything to keep running.
    Mileage is a very real and important factor when buying a car, whether it be 2 or 20 years old.
    I like well maintained high milers myself but mileage is of course a huge factor for me. Especially when I do a lot of miles myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,631 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    are you serious? It's a 95 car that'll be got for under €650... mileage is a silly concern. It's condition now is more important. thos engines can do huge mileage without difficulty once they're kept well serviced...

You must have missed that I thanked the post before I replied ;)

I was just curious what the mileage would be, that's all...

My first guess was "probably somewhere between 200k and 500k" - if anyone finds out, please post back here :)

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its a car for 650e is what his point is. If it was a 35k BMW Coupe then its a little different.
    Agreed, and my point still stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement