Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Top Dog wrote: »
    A truely unique opportunity ...

There are a suspicious amount of '01 Mondeos for under €1000. What gives? Can't even get a '01 Fiesta for under €1000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1.8 engine and garda associations kill the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Confab wrote: »
    There are a suspicious amount of '01 Mondeos for under €1000. What gives? Can't even get a '01 Fiesta for under €1000.
    Not a VAG.
    Not Diesel ("Chroisht - drinking pertol! all the revving!)
    Fierce big injun :rolleyes:

Possibility of noisy flakey flaps (never good)
    Possibility of a loose rattly rear end (also never good, needs subframe dropped to change bushings I believe)

A good Zetec 1.8 (125hp) would be a grand bus, drove one before. The LX engine (110hp??) is probably a bit dead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

langdang wrote: »
    Not a VAG.
    Not Diesel ("Chroisht - drinking pertol! all the revving!)
    Fierce big injun :rolleyes:

Possibility of noisy flakey flaps (never good)
    Possibility of a loose rattly rear end (also never good, needs subframe dropped to change bushings I believe)

A good Zetec 1.8 (125hp) would be a grand bus, drove one before. The LX engine (110hp??) is probably a bit dead...

the 110 isn't as bad as I thought it would be but there is a noticeable difference in the 125

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

the 110 isn't as bad as I thought it would be but there is a noticeable difference in the 125
    "hows yer flaps?" hurhur :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

langdang wrote: »
    "hows yer flaps?" hurhur :p

flapping away to their hearts content:P:P. Fortunately my car has the revised manifold factory fitted, it's the 125 by the way:D.

Anybody wanting to buy an early mk3 mondeo petrol should probably read this. (linky)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

baraca wrote: »
    Looks spotless NCT 1/13, Tax till december, €950!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2359462

..and all you'll need is a litre of oil a week to keep her from Seizing!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

fryup wrote: »
    .co.uk:confused:

is donedeal targeting the UK market now??

Always been like that for some reason!

• Advertisement

Arrgh, work has blocked DoneDeal! Disaster! If they block Boards I'll actually have to do some work. Feckin' Salesforce...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Try donedeal.co.uk

Arrgh, work has blocked DoneDeal! Disaster! If they block Boards I'll actually have to do some work. Feckin' Salesforce...

Log a ticket :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,566 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Not sure if this belongs here but...!! :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2119930

Full?id=6233196

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

vectra wrote: »
    Not sure if this belongs here but...!! :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2119930

Full?id=6233196
    that could be great if it checks out. €1500 for an mx5. why was the engine rebuilt though and how many miles has it done before the build?

Engine rebuild is a very loosely used term in Ireland.

It was probably serviced :L

270360_10150721239375176_805400175_19956618_3246170_n.jpg

A friend of mine left this in my place, the slave cylinder is gone, it's still driving but you'd have to be careful. Nct'd for two years, bit rough around the edges but it's fine otherwise. €400 takes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

Engine rebuild is a very loosely used term in Ireland.

It was probably serviced :L

I had an argument with someone before who actually thought that a proper engine rebuild meant taking the engine apart and just putting it back together with new gaskets and oil.... he reckoned "everything would be re-set and tightened up after it" so just taking it apart and putting it back together unchanged would work miracles apparently

270360_10150721239375176_805400175_19956618_3246170_n.jpg

A friend of mine left this in my place, the slave cylinder is gone, it's still driving but you'd have to be careful. Nct'd for two years, bit rough around the edges but it's fine otherwise. €400 takes it.

Got this in as i was writing, nice. Slave cylinder it's only major mechanical issue? If it's that clean on the other side and at the front then that's a bargain car if someone could do the cylinder themself or even had a handy and reasonable mechanic.

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    Got this in as i was writing, nice. Slave cylinder it's only major mechanical issue? If it's that clean on the other side and at the front then that's a bargain car if someone could do the cylinder themself or even had a handy and reasonable mechanic.

See the bit jsut over the petrol cap, on the far side that was sprayed an odd colour, few minors scrapes a bit around the car but it's very respectable otherwise. Frank Hogan car origionally, being Irish it's manual with a cloth interior, lol.

• Advertisement

being Irish it's manual with a cloth interior, lol.

You had me until that bit.

You had me until that bit.

I'd prefer it in manual, at least it's five speed. The autos are 4 and pretty bad on juice IMO.

See the bit jsut over the petrol cap, on the far side that was sprayed an odd colour, few minors scrapes a bit around the car but it's very respectable otherwise. Frank Hogan car origionally, being Irish it's manual with a cloth interior, lol.

ah yeah i can see it's not immaculate but it looks respectable enough not to be pulled over all the time anyway and doesnt look like it's falling apart.

Being a frank hogan car it has 3 times less chance of being auto with leather there was already :

1. auto was more expensive
    2. people were terrified of autoboxes in case they went wrong

now you've added

3. (which is more like "1a") Frank Hogan made i even more expensive to get an auto with leather.

I figured it was out of there though with the low number and LK reg. Will mention it to my father when i see him though he likes the old slab sided 190s and E class. Pity it's not a D though, but then again you cant have everything

Being from Limerick I lad the fact it's a short, LK reg. Not a major fan of 5 digit D regs even though my daily has one, but as you say, can't have everything!

Being from Limerick I lad the fact it's a short, LK reg. Not a major fan of 5 digit D regs even though my daily has one, but as you say, can't have everything!

Now there's a thing i've always found odd, people actually worrying about how many digits are in a reg number, i think that's a bit mental as when you're inside the car you can't even see it anyway and it's only a number, but personal taste i suppose

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    Now there's a thing i've always found odd, people actually worrying about how many digits are in a reg number, i think that's a bit mental as when you're inside the car you can't even see it anyway and it's only a number, but personal taste i suppose

If it was just about us being inside the car then we'd all be driving the same looking car :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Posted this in classics also, IMO worthy of a mention in here too !
    Tidy looking W124

Full?id=7226591

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Full?id=7234585
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2362812

Long NCT and only a grand. What are the Cougar like to drive?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Full?id=7234585
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2362812

Long NCT and only a grand. What are the Cougar like to drive?

shyte........:D

but shure, its value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

homer90 wrote: »
    Posted this in classics also, IMO worthy of a mention in here too !
    Tidy looking W124

I love that Merc. But it just doesn't look comfortable for tall people to drive. The steering wheel is usually very low down?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement